Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

David21

On the Ice
One good thing about Julia is she is making spins important again. The difference between her spins and Kostner's was clearly the difference in the final outcome here.

Julia has better spins than Caro no doubt, but

1) Their levels were the same.
2) Julia should not get so many +3s when her combination spins travel so much.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I really love Murakami's LP. And her SP this time is much better except for the jumps. She skates with power, good edges and speed, and her programs are also very well constructed. She definitely deserve much better PCS. To see her ss lower than Julia's is plainly wrong at least.

Sara

On the Ice
Why the hell did Lipnitskaia have her hair in pig tails? Please don't do that again...

Have you seen Schindler's List? Julia is the little girl of the movie, the girl in the red coat in the very end of the film. She isn't supposed to look like an adult in her FS. In my opinion the pig tails suit her.

lcd

Match Penalty
I´m glad to have been wrong, had counted her out for some years. This time I really enjoyed her skating and especially her attacking the way she did. Mirai, congratulations for the bronze medal!!!

Congratulations to Mirai! Way to stay determined!
Another season. Another GP medal.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Have you seen Schindler's List? Julia is the little girl of the movie, the girl in the red coat in the very end of the film. She isn't supposed to look like an adult in her FS. In my opinion the pig tails suit her.

LOL. Please.

She looked young and innocent already. Her packaging in the LP was completely perfect before. The pig tails are crap. Totally distracting to her line and the seriousness of the story. Nobody in concentration camp has the materials to put their hair in pig tails.

Icey

Record Breaker

I have no problem with the pig tails either, but the girl in the film had her hair down and loose. Julia would look great with that look to.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I think it is very premature to say how Julia deals with pressure. This is her first truly bad performance in (at least) 3 years.

I wasn't saying that's how she'll always be, I meant based off this performance, also that's not quite true, 2012 TEB was pretty bad. Also if I remember Russian Junior Nationals that season was pretty bad.

Mirai didn't deserve a higher overall placement with that kind of blank performance but should have been third in the short and second in the long. Kanako was definitely robbed of 6th place overall and winning the long program. Honestly I think it should have been:

1. Julia SP-1 LP-5
2. Carolina SP-2 LP-3
3. Mirai SP-3 LP-2
4. Satoko Miyahara SP-5 LP-4
5. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva SP-6 LP-6
6. Kanako Murakami SP-9 LP-1
7. Agnes Zawadzki SP-4 LP-8
8. Nikol Gosviani SP-7 LP-7
9. Haruka Imai SP-8 LP-9

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
I really love Murakami's LP.

She was wonderful! The choreography really came together this time and the technical elements were very strong.

Of course, she received phantom UR call yet again, in both programs. The Flip in SP and Loop in LP were both adequate; didn't deserve penalty. These uneducated callers will take off for the top of a toepick barely touching the ice on a landing, but ignore people pre-rotating their toepicks a full extra 1/4 turn on takeoffs. So dumb.

She EASILY won this LP for me. Her PCS should have been way higher and of course she was screwed over on many GOE scores (first Loop was gorgeous and gets barely any GOE, the Flip was excellent and got even less GOE, and of course the -GOE for no good reason whatsoever on the Loop combo, because of the < call...the Salchow combo as well, unfairly scored).

Murakami should have finished 4th overall here.

zamboni step

Final Flight
She was wonderful! The choreography really came together this time and the technical elements were very strong.

I loved how all the transitions were seamless and went perfectly with the music unlike a lot of them that are just thrown in for the sake of having them. This and the flow and height of her jumps were totally overlooked. :disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, I just saw Kanako's performance. What a nice redemptive skate for her. That was beautiful. Onward to nationals!

Amei

Record Breaker
also that's not quite true, 2012 TEB was pretty bad. Also if I remember Russian Junior Nationals that season was pretty bad.

Both of those skates came when she was injured: From wikipedia: "The day before she left for Paris for the 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard, Lipnitskaia twisted her right ankle during off-ice training and could hardly do any jumps a day before the start of the event. She returned to competition at the 2013 Russian Junior Championships and finished in 5th place. After the competition, Lipnitskaia said she was still working to return to form after her injury and puberty issues."

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lovely skate by Murakami!!! I would have had her behind Tukt overall, and on par with Nagasu, with Julia behind her in the LP. Great redemptive skate. Will maybe get her to change her mind about the 3-3 so late in her SP.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Funny(or should I say disgusting?) facts about COR Ladies event.

1-Kanako was robbed.

Kanako had a great skate, lovely performance, nice program and energy. Also, a very good 3T+3T.

Liza had 2 falls (in important jumps, flip and lutz).

Julia had a fall and some pops and other mistakes.

Agnes was average(better than her standard)...

Now, lets see PC wise:

Kanako: 54.96
Liza: 56,97
Julia: 63,64 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Agnes: 55,60

Let's rank the PCs;

Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Liza >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Agnes >> Kanako

Dou you think it is far?

I don't. For me, Kanako was much better than Julia, Elizaveta and Agnes.

Mirai also had a very good skate and got the same PCs of Elizaveta(2 falls, in flip a lutz).

TES wise:

Julia landed 3(yes, three triples, this is a shame) and scored almost 56 in the TES. I know she has great spins(the best), but it does not make sense, someone who lands 3 triples and falls get this ridiculous high score. Another think that is making me mad is that she is a flutzer and they not giving her an edge call. The other girls that flutz(Mao, Ashley, Akiko, just to name a few) are always penalized and Julia is kinda immune to underrotations(yes, her axels are underrotated) and edge calls. Her step sequence is also boring and plain. Does not deserve level 4 at all. In my humble opinion, Kanako and Elizaveta had better footwork sections than Julia and got only level 3.

Carolina landed 6 triples. Yes, I know that most of the were not clean, but she landed 6(SIX) rotated triples. Level 4 in ALL elements(spins and steps).

Mirai landed 5(fives) triples. No UR and nice spins.

Kanako landed 7(SEVEN) triples. 1(one) UR and credit for all the others triples(SIX triples counted).

Elizaveta landed 4 triples, had fall in the most difficult.

Agnes landed 4 triples(bed execution in 3), no falls.

Let's rank:

Carolina: 53,80(six triples landed, no falls, everything level 4)
Julia: 55,92 (three triples landed and a fall, everything level 4)
Kanako: 58,26(seven triples landed, one UR and 6 counted, , no falls, everything level 3 or better)
Nagasu: 57,95(five triples landed, no falls, steps level 3, spins level 4)
Elizaveta: 56,74(four triples landed, two falls in the most difficult, everything level 3 or better).
Agnes: 47,16(four triples landed, no falls, spins level 4, steps level 3)

It seems that the more triples landed, the more lowballed the skater will be(this includes PCs). Elizaveta and Julia were in the same category of Agnes and got an average of 8-9 points more. Russia extra points? Really? It is hard to believe than both Kanako and Mirai barely beat Julia and Elizaveta in TES.

Amei

Record Breaker
I have no problem with the pig tails either, but the girl in the film had her hair down and loose. Julia would look great with that look to.

I don't think having your hair down is good for a figure skating performance. I don't mind the pigtails, but preferred the ponytail but the braids they do on her scalp are very cute.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
:confused: this might be the weirdest assertion I've ever heard from you (and in general).

Then I shall explain further for you:

Pigtails is a style of hair associated with being young, free, and happy. It requires multiple hair ties to achieve the look.

Therefore, for both of those reasons, nobody was ever wearing their hair like this after being taken by Nazis. Julia is skating to Schlinder's List, not Pippy Longstocking.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i posted this elsewhere, but I have to post it again here, I love Kanako's LP. emotional performance and gorgeous choreography. The opening 3T-3T took my breath away, the ending twizzle sequence steal my heart. I love Kanako's smile in the end and K&C. always loved this girl's smile. Shame on such a low PCS!:scowl: I wish Kanako good luck in future competitions and enjoy every one of them (if Kanako is going to retired after Sochi Oly, there isnot many left...) and keep smiling!

elif

Medalist
Let's rank:

Carolina: 53,80(six triples landed, no falls, everything level 4)
Julia: 55,92 (three triples landed and a fall, everything level 4)
Kanako: 58,26(seven triples landed, one UR and 6 counted, , no falls, everything level 3 or better)
Nagasu: 57,95(five triples landed, no falls, steps level 3, spins level 4)
Elizaveta: 56,74(four triples landed, two falls in the most difficult, everything level 3 or better).
Agnes: 47,16(four triples landed, no falls, spins level 4, steps level 3)

It seems that the more triples landed, the more lowballed the skater will be(this includes PCs). Elizaveta and Julia were in the same category of Agnes and got an average of 8-9 points more. Russia extra points? Really? It is hard to believe than both Kanako and Mirai barely beat Julia and Elizaveta in TES.

We have a protocol for TES. You can see from there : http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2013/gprus2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Carolina's TES was lower than Julia because she only have one combination (3F+2T) Also she didn't get full value of 3S because its counted as a SEQ. If she only added one 2T on her 3S, her TES going to up for 3 points. Lipnitskaia's TES was higher because all of her jumping combinations are in the second half of the program with her 3 clean triples.

Amei

Record Breaker
I like the fact that even when she knew she had won, in the kiss and cry you could see that Lipnitskaia was still upset with her performance.