All Star Survivor! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

All Star Survivor!

Blade1

On the Ice
All Star Survivor "FINALE"

Its what everyone has been waiting for. The FINALE of the "All Star Survivor" Well let me just say I was glued to my TV set for the three hour coverage and in all honesty I was rooting for Rupert. But when he was starting to "loose" that challenge in the maze, I knew it was over. He had no chance. And I can't blame Jenna for doing what she did. If it was an extra step she needed to take to stay in the game a bit longer, and her chance of winning a million dollars closer, then I would have done exactly what she did. But after Jenna screwed up that last challenge, I knew that Rob wasn't going to bring Jenna with her. It was Amber all the way !!

And talk about crazy final tribal council. WOW !!! I mean this was a really different game played this season. Emotions were "high"

Can't say I was thrilled about Rob & Amber as the final two. But that's what happened.

Reunion Show:

:rolleye: @ Jerri. GIVE ME A BREAK !! What poor class of her leaving the group in my opinon. :cry: Such a suck !!

The whole "proposal" was perdictable. I mean so many people "talked" about it. Perdicting that something like that would happen. Of course the "Survivor" people claim they didn't know. And well at that point, after the proposal, who the hell cares who won the money. They were going to "share" it anyways. I bet with that they will have a HUGE wedding , IF they even get to the alter.

Lots of stuff happened during this whole finale. And with the TWIST - interesting, but didn't have me like feeling WOW at the end. Its great "WE" the viewers get to choose who we would like to see get a million dollars. Interesting to see who wins it. My bet, RUPERT. He'll get my vote that's for sure.

Curious to hear what others thought of the whole finale.

guinevere

Final Flight
The finale was totally predictable. The Tribal Council was the only part of the last 5 weeks (except Shii Ann's immunity win!) that was remotely interesting, even though I think Lex and Kathy were morons for believing Rob and should accept the blame for getting themselves where they landed. But I was glad to see almost everyone dump on BOTH Rob and Amber - it was very cathartic as a viewer ;)

After Big Tom went off on Rob at T.C., I seriously thoguht Rob was going to reply by saying he didn't understand a word Tom had said to him!

Totally disgusted at the marriage proposal. Hadn't Romber's stupid romance already hijacked enough of the season? Now we get a lame shortened reunion because of it? :\ I swear Jeff congratulated them about 50 times. What. Ever.

I was shocked at how rude the audience was to Jerri - I know she's an unpopular person from Survivor, but the response was really personal, it had nothing to do with what she was saying (at elast, it didn't make any sense to me as a response to what she was saying, and the booing started before she could even get the words out). I mean, I would boo Rob and Amber or even Lex and Kathy (based on how stupidly they played) before booing Jerri. I don't blame Jerri for leaving at all.

Were Rob C and Alicia even at the reunion? There were a few people we didn't really hear from, but I didn't see a single close up on either one of them.

I couldn't even recognize Jenna L under her ironed hair and all that makeup! And what was up with Amber's 1980's high school slut look? Hey Amber, Skid Row called - they need some groupies for their reunion tour!

I did not care for the 'twists' in the finale - the extra truck (although I was glad that Amber gave it to Shii Ann), and the audience vote for a 2nd winner. I'll be voting for Rupert, but I just hope that neither Rob nor Amber gets it!! (Jeff did say that all 18 players are eligible).

I think that All-Stars may have just beaten out S3: Africa as the worst season ever.

guinevere

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Re: Final Four???

guinevere said:
S4: Marquesas - Vecepia and Neleh were the final 2

S7: Pearl Islands - Sandra and Lill were the final 2

The only time there have been 2 men in the final 2 was S5: Thailand - Brian and Clay

:laugh: :laugh:so I'm still gonna have a bucket next to the couch on Sunday, just in case. :laugh: :laugh:
Guinevere, thanks for setting me straight about the women, now I remember. I guess I just wanted to see Amber dump Rob.
:laugh: :laugh:

I share your thoughts about the bucket.:laugh: :laugh: ME TOO!!
I guess I was disappointed in who won and thought the proposal was too dramatic and all in all----YUCK!!

I'm glad that we get a chance to vote and Mr. Rupert gets my vote.

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
I thought that the finale made up for a somewhat dull season. It was fun watching the jury go off on Rob and Amber, even though the jury should have just realized that yes, Rob and Amber did play the game better than anyone else.

Jerri gets no sympathy from me. Sure the audience was rude but Jerri needs to understand that she's put herself on Survivor twice, as well as that stupid show The Surreal Life, and people just don't like her. She is the ultimate media whore.

I'm fine with Amber winning, even though I'm a huge fan. Amber played a much better game than she did in Australia.

Lex needs to get over himself.

The only thing I was upset about with the reunion was that Rob Cesternino was completely ignored. I'm sure they'll talk to him on the Thursday show.

Rupert is going to win the million from the fans without question. I wouldn't give it to him just because he knows nothing about how to play Survivor. Sure he's a great outdoorsman, but when it comes to actual gameplay he's a novice. I'd give it to Shii Ann or Rich just because they really seem to know what's going on.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
I couldn't even recognize Jenna L under her ironed hair and all that makeup! And what was up with Amber's 1980's high school slut look? Hey Amber, Skid Row called - they need some groupies for their reunion tour!

guinevere [/B]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The first thing I noticed about both of these women is how much better they both look WITHOUT makeup. Amber looked sweet and cute on the island sans makeup, at the reunion show she just looked -- well, I think guinevere has summed it up beautifully. I gotta wonder if it's because she's "dressing for her man" now, and you KNOW Boston Rob's gotta be into THAT kind of look....

As for Jenna -- I don't know if it was the lighting or what, but at the final tribal council she looked like a 7-year-old who had just gotten into her mother's makeup and went a little nuts. It looked scary and just PLAIN WRONG.

I think it pretty much sums up this season of Survivor beautifully when really the only thing I can come up with to say has to do with the hair and makeup of two of the contestants....:\ Anything else I can come up with has been said already. BRING ON NEXT SEASON!! We can only hope they are paying extra attention to the "casting" of the next edition so as to avoid another debacle like this one!!

So the extra million (fans choice) will go to Rupert, hands down, right? Did you guys check out the CBS website where they have their statements about why you should vote for them? Susan Hawk says, I don't care if you vote for me or not, but if you don't I hope I see you lying by the side of the road in the dessert with buzzards picking at your bones.:laugh:

MM

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I aspire to be just like Sue:laugh: :laugh:

Well, Rupert won. Several of the people I work with voted for Rob M. Isn't it strange that America voted for the popular guy (ethical?) and there were no ladies up for the new million.

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
The only woman I thought should have been in contention is Shii Ann. Based on her previous season, I would include Kathy (who SHOULD have won in Marquesas), but her play this season completely eradicated any positive feelings I have for her strategy. In fact, I think Lex and Kathy owe Survivor a million dollars! :laugh:

I do wish the other 3 in the Top 4 had been Rob C!!, Shii Ann and Rudy. I knew Rob M. would probably be 2nd, but Colby? Meh. Big Tom? That one was a big surprise - I never saw him as either a big strategist OR a particularly popular player.

Also: :rolleye: at Ambuh being voted the sexiest. I didn't even vote for the guys, because I didn't think any of the guys listed were sexy. Where was Kel on that list? He was hot!

I wish they'd had a category for who least deserved to be on All-Stars. It would have been a tie for Amber and Jenna L - the winner and #3 player! Actually, because of her behaviour at the reunion, I bet Jerri woulda won that in a landslide...

YAY Rupert!!

guinevere

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
You're right, where WAS Kel? And what about that weird Hispanic dude who always had the machete? (I think that was Amazon) He wasn't bad either, tho a trifle scary....

Blade1

On the Ice
YEH for Rupert. I am glad that he was the second million dollar winner. You know I was surprise that Rob was in the final 4. I mean "ok" he played the game, yadi yadi yada, and sure I agree, HOWEVER, he's going to be making lots of money now. Now that there are so many "offers" for them to "air" their wedding. I mean Rob did say "if the price is right" So I am sure he'll go for it, and make some cash along the way.

guinevere

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
You're right, where WAS Kel? And what about that weird Hispanic dude who always had the machete? (I think that was Amazon) He wasn't bad either, tho a trifle scary....
Matthew Von Ertfelder (I'm probably mangling his name, but it's close). I also think he's a good-looking guy - but I'm pretty certain he's not Hispanic.