All Star Survivor! | Page 7 | Golden Skate

All Star Survivor!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang said:
Regardless, it's ridiculous for anyone to allow the Rob and Amber alliance to stay intact.
Now, that they merged maybe other alliances will surface and hopefully they will be strong and take out the Rob Father. I couldn't believe Amber when Rupert took her on the little spa vacation and she says to Rob--- let's not get rid of Lex, why not Rupert and someone else, I can't remember who, but it goes to show you that she is wicked.:laugh: :laugh:

Does anyone know the date for the last show???

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Although it's a little dull right now, and it seems like Shii Ann and Kathy will go next, I can't wait to see what happens after that. It will be all Chapera left and I think it could be pretty cutthroat.

Lex dug his own grave. I somewhat understand him being mad at Rob, but he should know never to trust someone in this game completely. Lex was mad that Rob had apparently gone back on his word, while Lex and Ethan had no arrangement other than to tell Ethan if he was being booted. So in a way Lex has a point but he really needs to stop sulking.

mike79

On the Ice
Too bad Kathy got booted tonight, although it was completely expected.

Rob wins Immunity once again. He's unstoppable at this point unless the others finally get it together.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'm get so annoyed watching this show. Rob and the power the others allow him to have, drive me crazy! If things continue this way, he wins...and I don't like the thought of that!!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Rob Father Hour

Kara Bear said:
If things continue this way, he wins...and I don't like the thought of that!!!
I agree Kara. What or why are these people going along with him? :mad: :mad:

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
If you guys think about it, does anyone else even deserve to win? Maybe Jenna or Alicia as they're the only ones who have actually shown a mind of their own. Besides them no one has really done anything out there.

Rob is out winning immunity and reward challenges, making all of the decisions, and actually trying to make Survivor a game, not a personal vendetta like Lex and Kathy seemed to think it was turning out to be. If he made it to the final 2 he would deserve the votes, unlike someone like Shii Ann who has done the under the radar strategy.

Kasey

Medalist
mike79 said:
If he made it to the final 2 he would deserve the votes, unlike someone like Shii Ann who has done the under the radar strategy.

But when you think about it, it IS a strategy, and she is playing it every bit as well as the Rob-father is playing his. Confident is one thing. Cocky is one thing. But when someone is as ballsy as this dude, something inside of me just SCREAMS for someone to call him on it!

I am still rooting for the 'ultimate betrayal'....it gets down to Rob, Amber and a third person....Amber wins final immunity, and takes the OTHER person to the final two!! Baaa haa haaa! (Okay, so not likely to happen, but neither was Sandhu beating Plushy this year!)

Kasey

mike79

On the Ice
I agree that a big betrayal would be really cool to see.

I just find that the under the radar strategy is so dull and overdone that it's barely become a strategy anymore.

As long as Rupert doesn't win I'll be happy. He just doesn't fit in with this crowd, plus he's made a lot of bonehead decisions throughout the show.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
mike79 said:
If you guys think about it, does anyone else even deserve to win? Maybe Jenna or Alicia as they're the only ones who have actually shown a mind of their own. Besides them no one has really done anything out there.

Rob is out winning immunity and reward challenges, making all of the decisions, and actually trying to make Survivor a game, not a personal vendetta like Lex and Kathy seemed to think it was turning out to be. If he made it to the final 2 he would deserve the votes, unlike someone like Shii Ann who has done the under the radar strategy.
i totally agree with you about Rob and also Lex and Kathy! i'm so sick of hearing about all this "friendship" garbage...it's a game, people! they knew that going in. i also think it's stupid that some people (like Kathy) think it's betrayal if they are not told before hand that they are being voted out. why? what's the difference? and what's the point of tribal council if u already know for sure that you're being voted out. Rob may be cocky but he's playing well.
about Shii Ann, for some reason i don't believe that "flying under the radar" is really her strategy. i think that it's just turning out that way because she naturally is not a threat to the other competitors judging from her abilities (both mental and physical). i have never really seen anything from Shii Ann that makes me see her a strong competitor.

mike79

On the Ice
Any predictions for what happens tonight?

My guess is that either Shii Ann or Alicia goes. If by some chance Shii Ann wins Immunity than it will be Alicia who goes since Alicia is not part of the 5-way alliance. If Shii Ann doesn't win Immunity than we can say bye bye to her.

Kasey

Medalist
Yeah, this week will be kind of boring, because it will be Shiiann. And if she wins immunity, then yah, Alicia, unless some MAJOR politicking goes on and is actually effective. If Rob does not win immunity, it would make SENSE to get rid of him....but it seems most survivor players don't like to make sense.

One thing I am looking forward to....if it IS Alicia booted tonight, she and Rob promised each other they would never write the other's name down. Rob ain't stupid, and wants all the votes he can get on the jury. So who's name will he write?

Yeah, pretty pathetic when that is the most intriguing thing for me right now....

kasey

mike79

On the Ice
Well it turned out to be a pretty good episode after all. I loved how Shii Ann threw it in their faces that she won Immunity just because of the way they acted: 'Oh look, Shii Ann's arm is moving'. Shii Ann threw a wrench into everyone's plans and it made them all look silly. Alicia can say what she wants about Shii Ann gloating; it's not like Shii Ann's going to win the whole thing, so why not have a little fun. Yes she was acting like an obnoxious child at dinner, but when she won Immunity I found that it more than made up for everything, from a pure entertainment standpoint.

Alicia was nothing more than a baby this episode. If people think she is the least deserving Survivor than all she has to do is look at herself and realize that maybe she could change the way she goes about certain things. But oh no, Alicia had to sulk and whine. Then she has the nerve to call Shii Ann on the whole gloating thing. Alicia completely contradicted herself by acting that way and I'm glad she's gone.

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm bummed Alicia's gone, I always liked her. I hope that she realizes watching the show now that writing her name down as the least deserving All-Star had to have been a political decision - I mean, I can see some of them saying Shii Ann (who was conveniently also the target of the next vote, so who cares what she thinks?), but the fact that neither Amber nor Jenna (two COMPLETELY undeserving All-Stars based on their original games) were listed makes me think people wrote down Alicia's name as a sign that she was the first person in the Chapera alliance to go. After all, no one would DARE write down Mrs. Mariano's name while her husband runs the game, would they? And Jenna is still valuable as a final 4 option.

Shii Ann's reaction after winning immunity may have been over the top, but I don't think it hurt her position any - I mean, everyone would just be gunning for her next time no matter what she did, and if by some chance she makes it to the final 2, she will lose against anyone left, because the only people who would vote for her are Lex and Kathy (possibly Alicia if Rob is the other choice, but that's still not enough to win). She simply has nothing to lose by playing nice.

I'm disappointed that the golden opportunity to boot off the Robfather was dropped in everyone's lap and no one took the bait. Based on everything we saw in this episode, Rupert, Alicia and Big Tom should have seen the wisdom of creating a Wretched of the Earth alliance and booting off Rob (with Amber and Jenna to follow), but Boston Rob still exerts his bizarre power over everyone on the island. Sigh.

guinevere

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stupid People!!!

They had every chance to vote off Rob and threw it away. I also think they were very mean to ShiiAnn, especially Alicia, and I'm glad she got the boot. Why couldn't she celebrate her victory? That could have been one of the toughest challenges to compete in and she used sheer determination to win. I guess I am in the minority when I think she's really playing the game.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Dee, you said it and so did ShiiAnn -- STUPID PEOPLE!! Stupid, stupid people!! I cannot believe that they have the NERVE to call this an ALL-STAR edition when they're all being such total idiots!! This is what happens when you throw together a bunch of people who KNOW each other; if this exact same game was being played with 16 or 18 total strangers, I think we'd be seeing a much more interesting, well-played game.

ITA with Guinevere about Amber and Jenna being the least deserving to be there. Amber is one of those women who gets by on being cute and looking good in her little tube top but doesn't actually DO anything. Even Burnett admitted that Amber got on this edition over a couple of other people due to her appeal on that level. As for Jenna -- I spent more time last night screaming at the TV every time she opened her mouth than I EVER did with Jonny Fairplay from Pearl Islands. I have developed a serious dislike for that woman; she has been snarky and snippy and snotty from DAY ONE and she has now reached the point where I just want her to ZIP IT. Big time. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure I'm going to watch next week (tho I said that about this week, too, since Kathy was gone but since ShiiAnn was still around I thought I'd give it a chance) because apparently Jenna gets REALLY out of control and how much of that I'm going to be in the mood to put up with is questionable.

Still, though I'm no Amber fan, even though she only lasted 4 minutes in that immunity challenge, that'd be about 3.5 minutes longer than I would have -- that is the type of challenge that would drive me insane in about 15 seconds!! I'd've just dumped water on myself the second I got chained up because I know there'd be no way on earth I'd win that anyway. And kudos to ShiiAnn -- that was just SO cool. I questioned going into it how truly mentally strong she was -- well, now I know the answer. If she'd have shown fire like that earlier on, she may not be in the position that she's in now.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
i think the reason why most people are not voting off Rob is because if they are in an alliance with him, they feel safe because they know he has a lot of power and that it's better to be with him than against him. you know what they say, if u can't beat 'em, join 'em! lol

R

Rebecca

Well, I think that this season just goes to show us that Survivor is a game made for people who don't know each other. When you put together a group of well acquainted individuals, many of whom are good friends outside of the game, you end up with all the ridiculous complications and decisions that we've seen be made this season. At first I thought that the dynamics would be interesting, but all they've done is lead to poor decision after poor decision. Bring on season 9, Survivor

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what's going to happen tonight? Do you think the players will wise up and get Rob off if they get a chance---AGAIN:rolleye: ?? Some of the people I work with are saying tonight's the night for Shii Ann to go bye-bye. ;) ;) What do you think?

Dee

76olympics

On the Ice
Ok-I am beyond aggravated!

This has become so predictable from the outside looking in-I can't understand why it doesn't seem so to the players. With Shi-ann gone, unless Rupert wins immunity-this is what I foresee:

Jenna
Rupert
Tom
and tah-dah Amber and Rob

I sure wish that the first three would band together and vote off Rob. Then-it might become a little more interesting. But-I hold faint hopes at this point. I am not particularly fond of any of the remaining tribe members. Most of my faves were voted out a long time ago (Rudy, Ethan!). I do think it was cool that Shi-Ann spoke up since she knew she had nothing to lose. Nice or not-she would have been voted out unless she had immunity.

**Why in the world does Tom think Rob will take him over Amber? Methinks-he needs to take stay out of the sun more...

Longhornliz

Final Flight
It will be interesting to see how everyone responds to Amber in the coming weeks, I'm worried that Shi-Anne may have messed up her chances at the sleeper victory.