All Star Survivor! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

All Star Survivor!

guinevere

Final Flight
Good for Shii Ann for going down screaming!

The only person left in the game I even remotely like is Rupert. And I would be shocked if he made it into the Top 3.

Of course I can't miss an episode, but I can't wait for this season to be over. It is the 2nd worst Survivor season ever (only Africa was worse, because it was so completely boring).

guinevere

Kasey

Medalist
rupert's the only one I like left also. Good for Shii ann to go out the way she did, haha. Actually, I think the order now will be Tom, then Rupert, with Jenna in the final three with the lovebirds. But Rob should win it, as obnoxious as I think he is. He's been playing the game and everyone in it since day one. Amber has done nothing but cozy up with Rob. I guess that's some kind of strategy, but not enough, I think, to win.

Kasey

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe I'm crazy but I think Amber has a real strong chance to win and I really think she will take Rob out. I think that way because of how Shii Ann voted. She may know something we don't.

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
I think Rupert will be the next to go (he's the only one left who could realistically beat Rob or Amber in the final 2, plus he could win final immunity), then Tom, then Jenna.

Amber v. Rob in the final. What a non-choice. If I were on the jury, I would ask the producers if they could just write a $1,100,000 check to "The Marianos" and be done with it. But if they have to go through with it, Amber will win.

This season is so lame.

guinevere

The only thing I can figure out is that CBS is editing the show in such a way that we can see what's going on, but at the time the competitors couldn't (except for Shi-Ann). We get to see all the little interviews with Rob gloating about how he is playing everyone for a fool, but maybe that was not so obvious to them.

I do not have any other explanation for why 16 people would go to a deserted island with no other purpose in mind than to hand Rob Mariano a million dollars.

Mathman

heyang

Record Breaker
I think each contestant has to have private face time with the cameras each day. THe producers choose what we get to see, but the other surivivors don't know until they watch the show on the TV with the rest of us.

I cannot believe that Rupert, Tom and Jenna didnt' even consider eliminating Rob or Amber. STUPID PEOPLE to quote Shi Ann. It's obvious how close Rob & Amber are - although Jenna did vote against Heidi and they were best buddies. UGH.

I also can't believe that the finale is on Mother's Day. I haven't a clue as to what the networks are thinking about sweeps month - Friends, Surivivor and Frasier all end in the 1st 2 weeks of May. What do we have to watch for the rest of May?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who Gets the Boot Tonight????

OK Golden Skate Survivor fans, what's going to happen tonight? From the previews, it seems that Rob happens upon Rupert and Jenna plotting. Poor Rob:rolleye: :rolleye: So what are your predictions?

Here's mine: Either Rupert or Rob go tonight. Something on these lines have to give. The women have to think of the physical challenges and they can't win against these big guys. Lets see

Rob vs Rupert = Rupert will win
Rob vs Big Tom = Rob will win
Rob vs Jenna = Rob will win
Rob vs Amber = Rob will win (I don't really think the jury will vote for Amber, what has she done? I will give Rob that much.)

Your thoughts please!!!

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
My guess would be that Tom goes tonight since he isn't in an alliance like the ones consisting of Rupert and Jenna, and Rob and Amber.

guinevere

Final Flight
Tom is the one person who SHOULD be safe tonight, as he is the swing vote. No one wants to go into the final 4 with a probably tie vote (there has not been a tie vote since the Purple Rock o' Death in Marquesas, and no one knows how a tie would be broken).

Of course, the way people are playing this game, who knows?

But I stand by my original prediction of Rupert. If Rupert gets immunity, Tom would probably go, because I'm sure Rob and Amber are convinced Jenna would flip for them (and I'm convinved of that as well) in the final 4.

The only thing I can figure out is that CBS is editing the show in such a way that we can see what's going on, but at the time the competitors couldn't (except for Shi-Ann). We get to see all the little interviews with Rob gloating about how he is playing everyone for a fool, but maybe that was not so obvious to them.
This is true, but every single person knows what a snake Rob is, both from his previous game, AND from his cocky behaviour in front of everyone this season. When Brian pulled off his win in Thailand, it was obvious that he had completely swindled everyone in his "alliances", and that they had a lot of surprises when they watched the show and found out what he said in his confessionals. But Rob is playing a combination of Brian's game and Rob C's game (where everyone knew he was lying, but were all convinced her was telling them the truth. Rob is extremely lucky he landed on the one team without a former winner, and that the other 2 teams were so busy getting rid of previous winners that they self destructed!

guinevere

Kasey

Medalist
Okay, assuming that immunity is not an issue....tonight I think it will be bye bye Tom, then Rupert, Jenna, Amber and Rob. Although, I would be VERY open to something different than this (like a Rupert win!) Would love to see Tom, Rupert and Jenna vote out Rob tonight, then Amber next....but, to quote the brilliant player Shii Ann, (haha) STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Kasey

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Its getting pretty interesting!!! Was anyone surprised? I wasnt really, I thought it was dangerous for rob and amber to have such a close aliance with big tom because they cannot understand a word he says. Communication is key at this point. I wonder if this will bite them in the end if they make there.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Aaaahhhhh!!! I'm at a conference tonight, and missed it. The CBS site hasn't been updated. What happened???

Longhornliz

Final Flight
There was a reward challenge that was sort of like the last one... balance beam walking, slide puzzle, mud crawl, rope climb, rope bridge... blah blah

Rob and Amber were the last two standing on the final leg, Rob won and his prize was a chevy truck!!! He also got to go watch a movie at the "drive in" where there were snacks and other fun stuff to enjoy. He selected Amber to go with him.

The big surprise was that whoever was selected as the guest by the winner also won a car!! So amber won another chevy vehicle (not sure what kind it was, little sedan kinda sporty)

When they returned to camp everyone was really bitter they didnt get the cushy reward, and it didnt help that amber had also won a car. Jenna and Rupert started to try and swing big tom over to their side and pick of rob at the next meeting. But rob overheard and then instigated a fight between rupert and big tom.

.... Hang in there, a lot happend....

At the immunity challenge they had a word puzzle to find the names of all the tribes in survivor history. Rob won immunity, everyone began to scramble and Amber became a little nervous.

In the end Rob and Amber went back on their aliance with Big tom and voted him off.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Thanks for the recap :)! I kind of figured Big Tom would be next, but I would have liked to have seen what happened. :mad: . If he loses immunity again, is anyone ever going to get rid of Rob???

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm so glad that Rupert did not get the boot! Very frustrating, however, that Rupert, Jenna and Tom couldn't get it together and vote out Amber :\

I was completely wretching over the Rob and Amber show this episode. Every second I see them I hate them more. Rob's gross romance with Amber makes me unable to respect him as a player of this game (where even I have to admit he has dominated since Day 1). I'm too busy throwing up. Check out Amber cooing "Oooh, I'm a good Catholic Girl!" before they go make out...again :rolleye:

Did anyone doubt Rob would win both those challenges? Reward challenge: let's see, both the start and the end rely on balance, which Rob has shown he has a preternatural ability for; the second part was the Thai puzzle, which Rob won earlier. Immunity challenge: Intellectual puzzle - right off the bat I knew the only person who would even come close to Rob would be Amber. They should have just given Rob the keys to thr truck and the immunity necklace, and we could have seen more of the behind-the-scenes plotting instead of 2 non-competitions.

CBS promises a surprise that is guaranteed to SHOCK everyone at the live finale. Hmmm..., if the finale's live, what surprise could they possibly know about? Five bucks sez Rob proposes to Ambuh on live television (gack).

guinevere

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Final Four???

I think Rupert is playing smart. He is kissing Rob's hiney to go up against him. Smart!!

The big twist:confused: :confused: Here is my prediction and I am not sure why I'm thinking this way. I think there will be the two women at the end. There never has been before, it has either been man-women, man-man never two women. If Amber goes up against anyone else other than Jenna, she will lose, and I think she knows that. Remember she can smell the million!!!

Guinevere thinks Rob will propose to Ambuh:laugh: and I second the ICK!! and add a YUCK!!! Well that would make sense of how to give the million to both of them. Hmmm???

Dee

I didn't get Rob's strategy in voting off Big Tom instead of Rupert. Big Tom is more loyal to Rob than Rupert is, Tom is less likely to win one of the final challenges, and Rob could only have gained by breaking up Rupert and Jenna.

It all comes down to immunity now. But I think it's Rob and Amber in the final two, with Amber getting the million.

Wow, if Rob proposes after that, it will be be greatest strategic coup ever in the history of survivor -- Rob snatches the million after all, in the final play of the game!:laugh:

Mathman

guinevere

Final Flight
Re: Final Four???

Dee4707 said:
I think there will be the two women at the end. There never has been before, it has either been man-women, man-man never two women.

S4: Marquesas - Vecepia and Neleh were the final 2

S7: Pearl Islands - Sandra and Lill were the final 2

The only time there have been 2 men in the final 2 was S5: Thailand - Brian and Clay

wow, I'm way too wrapped up in Survivor! :laugh:

guinevere

ETA: I've heard other people surmising that the BIG SURPRISE will be Amber winning final immunity, and taking Jenna to the final instead of Rob, thus insuring her win in a landslide. I would agree with that possibility (especially as the producers have played up Amber's flirt-with-a-purpose M.O. all season until reacently), but the promos have said that the guaranteed shocker comes during the live portion of the finale, so I'm still gonna have a bucket next to the couch on Sunday, just in case. :p

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I think that the twist might be that rob and amber will make it to the final two, and then who ever wins the million will expose that they never really liked the other one and they were just using them.... then they will refuse to share the million. I dont buy that amber is really into rob that much.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Well I was way off!!!

I missed the final episode!!! grr tivo has failed me. I saw the unvailing of the winnder, the icky proposal and the reunion... but if someone could catch me up on the 2 hours that came before that I would apreciate it.