2009-2010 Programs by Discipline | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2009-2010 Programs by Discipline

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Dare I mention that Evan is skating to Firebird also? Hmmm????

Wow. This is going to be very interesting. I love Firebird, esp for Jeremey, but not so much Evan. I really got the impression that Jeremey loved that "A Day in the Life" SP, I am stunned that he would scrap it before even skating it in an international event. I guess Yuka thought that the olympic judges are not going to like "modern" music.

As for Jeremy's LP according icenetwork profile it is now:

FS Music: "Symphony No. 3 in C minor" by Camille Saint-Saens

The same source lists Firebird as Evan's Short

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I apologize for the confusion. Apparetly I need new glasses. The update was from Jeremey Barrett and Caydee Denney...they re doing firebird and perhaps I should actually be doing work instead of using mobile facebook. I have since deleted the message and hopefully anyone who responded will do that as well so as not to cause any confusion.

I am currently kicking my own butt...but feel free to do it as well as well as scream and yell at me and call me stupid...it's deserved!!!..it's friday, I am stressed and really need a vacation!!!

:banging:

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
The update was from Jeremey Barrett and Caydee Denney...they re doing firebird and perhaps I should actually be doing work instead of using mobile facebook. :banging:

Thank you for this update, sillylionlove :thumbsup:
Things like that happen all the time. Wishing you a stress-free weekend :)

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I apologize for the confusion. Apparetly I need new glasses. The update was from Jeremey Barrett and Caydee Denney...they re doing firebird and perhaps I should actually be doing work instead of using mobile facebook. I have since deleted the message and hopefully anyone who responded will do that as well so as not to cause any confusion.

I am currently kicking my own butt...but feel free to do it as well as well as scream and yell at me and call me stupid...it's deserved!!!..it's friday, I am stressed and really need a vacation!!!

:banging:

No problem :agree:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
doris, you have Michel Brezina's long program as The Truman Show, but his bio has it as An American in Paris (and, checking this youtube link, it's definitely not anything from The Truman Show).

Disappointing, because I just got really excited to see a skater attempt skating to Glass.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ahh, I love me some Ryan Bradley! Look at this! The costume, the movements - it's like a parody of classical generic figures skating programs. It's brilliant.

merrybari

Final Flight
Ahh, I love me some Ryan Bradley! Look at this! The costume, the movements - it's like a parody of classical generic figures skating programs. It's brilliant.

Thanks for the link.

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it brilliant, it's a delightful work in progress that taps a side of Ryan we haven't seen much of before. The comedic quality is wonderful - he's a consummate entertainer. ITA with parody!! Will be fun to watch this one grow!

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice

Yes, he friendly mocks Mozart but even the lyrical and sometimes rhetorical coreographies (see the Air on the G string section). It's like a skating about skating. Interesting job among the usual "serious" programs we're going to see this year.
Others might look "stupid" doing this, bot not Ryan. He's always classy.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Mens

Jeremy Abbott
SP
Florent Amodio
SP / FS
Stephen Carriere
FS
Samuel Contesti
FS
Brian Joubert
SP / FS
Takahiko Kozuka
SP
Stephane Lambiel
SP / FS
Armin Mahbanoozedeh
SP
Nobunari Oda
FS
Evgeni Plushenko
SP
Alban Préaubert
SP / FS
Shawn Sawyer
SP
Denis Ten
SP
Johnny Weir
SP

If anyone knows of others, feel free to add to the list! Thanks! Also, I don't follow ice dance or pairs enough to compile a list.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Apparently Davis and White's Indian OD is a karthak.

Check out the Nebelhorn interview here:

http://meryl-charlie.blogspot.com/

Here's a page on what one should look like, with several videos.

http://chandrakantha.com/articles/indian_music/kathak.html

WhileI could well have done without another POTO, I like their Indian dance, but wish Charlie would have at least done something else with his hair. Or just use blue face paint, since apparently he is supposed to be a god in this piece.

BTW, the embedded video of the OD is a better one than the one I had seen before-better camera angle and better synching of the music to the video.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what music is Samuel skating to? :)

Yes--it's a version same Chilean music that the Duchesnay's used for their Missing programs. The Inti-Illimani were the artists, and the tune is either Dolencias or Sikuriades (Missing I). However, other stuff has been mixed with it.

There is a practice video of his SP that sounds sort of like the music from the Amelie soundtrack, but I'm not sure that's what it is. It was uploaded about 3 months ago, but I'm not sure it's current either, so I haven't added it to his list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSLKAWYbd4

Last edited:

Enthusiast

On the Ice
I think the program isn't skated well at all - it's regressed from where they were at the end of last season.

None of these skaters are the frankstein's monsters of their coaches. D/W are athletic and expression and musicality for that matter is "learned" by them. It is going to come out rote. A lot of this is genuinely on the skaters as much as the coaches. Meryl said she and Charlie listened to a lot of music and decided on POTO. It's difficult to design an "organic" program without the qualities in your skaters leading you. D/W always seem to be skaters who are interested in the technical side of their programs without feeling the music side. I believe if they felt the music side more some of their movement would be less sloppy.

V/M came to Marina and Igor with their current facility for natural expression and an innate ability to dance.

Is it a good thing to be Frankenstein's monsters of their coaches?

life684

Final Flight
Apparently Davis and White's Indian OD is a karthak.

Check out the Nebelhorn interview here:

http://meryl-charlie.blogspot.com/

Here's a page on what one should look like, with several videos.

http://chandrakantha.com/articles/indian_music/kathak.html

WhileI could well have done without another POTO, I like their Indian dance, but wish Charlie would have at least done something else with his hair. Or just use blue face paint, since apparently he is supposed to be a god in this piece.

BTW, the embedded video of the OD is a better one than the one I had seen before-better camera angle and better synching of the music to the video.

But kathak is not a folk dance, it is one of 8 indian classical dances. So idon't know whether that is permitted or not, since they have allowed. D/W dance though interesting was more bollywood inspired at place than kathak.

For those of you who want to know more about Kathak, check wikipedia entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathak.

As for the hair that may be a olympic surprise, if he changes all through out the season the surprise factor will surely be lost.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Since they are allowing P&B skating to Dolly Parton singing a John Denver song, not to mention the Dixie Chicks which S&B are using, they'll accept most anything except a blues (which actually is a folk dance/song).

At least a karthak is traditional dance, if it's classical.