2009-2010 Programs by Discipline | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2009-2010 Programs by Discipline

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Cappellini - Lanotte FD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MrF-W2Jnfw

Geez, why female skaters wear such an heavy make-up this season? Anna looks like Khokhlova or other Russian divas...At least no spider on costumes...
Anyway, great improvements in every departments and no more love stories...

Thanks for posting it! What is their music? It sounds familiar. They are not in a bad shape but twizzles need some work. I can't see they are feeling the music good enough right now but it's probably because it is begining of the season. I'm used to their lyrical compositions and it will take some time to adjust. But it's definetely a good surpize although I liked their love story so much! :rock:

mayamae_55

Rinkside
Nana Takeda's FP revealed

Nana Takeda will skate to "Concierto de Aranjuez" for her Free Program
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/200910010007-spnavi.html

Her programs for this season:
SP: El Cumbanchero- Tico Tico
FP: Concierto de Aranjuez
EX: Single Ladies (Beyonce)

Nana's SP and EX fits her energetic, lively "dance" style perfectly- but she made a bold decision to do such a masterpiece like Aranjuez when many people still remember Joannie's FP from last year.
Nana comments in the NHK interveiw "I hope to perform my own Aranjuez"
I'm sure she will do a wonderful job- her last year's EX "Fauré's Elegy", similar to Aranjuez in a "slow, heavy music", was SO lovely
(For those who hasn't had a chance to see it, here it is)
http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51152885.html

Finlandia coming this weekend... GO NANA!!!!
(sorry for being slightly out of topic)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
No Hsuhs, not 2000 but 1000. Next time, try to be more accurate on numbers you quote:biggrin:
OK, OK, I stand corrected, it's only 1000 others. First I thought I misinterpreted her words, but it does sound like she wouldn't mind winning a 'Best Aranjuez of all times' poll, does it not.
And not "somehow", a LOT different.
I think she could achieve that by putting a huge fake insect on her dress. Would make her unforgettable.

Kypma

Final Flight
He competes in both Men and Ice Dancing for Canada. Men nationally and Ice Dancing both nationally and internationally

Actually, he did compete at the JGP Courchevel last year, and by his own standards his performance wasn't great (I think he said the first fall on nothing in particular threw him off). Although I think from now on he'll only be competing nationally, so you're still pretty much right :)

-Kypma

Okami

On the Ice
Yes--it's a version same Chilean music that the Duchesnay's used for their Missing programs. The Inti-Illimani were the artists, and the tune is either Dolencias or Sikuriades (Missing I). However, other stuff has been mixed with it.

Thanks a lot, Dorispulaski! :agree:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Domnina/Shabalin
According to this
OD: Aboriginal Dance (arrangement by Alexander Goldstin)
FD: Passion by Zbigniew Preisner (arranged by Alexander Goldstin)
Requiem for a Dream

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Requiem is becoming the new Carmen. What will we have more of in 2009-10, POTOs or Requiems?

Yes, I love Requiem, but really, how predictable was this choice for them. Dramatic, loud crescendo like Spartacus...opportunities for Russian falling of arms and overacting. That said, i am am eager to see it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm more curious about the Aboriginal Dances--I'm wondering whether this is Russian for Savage Rites (Duchesnay's 1988 FD music). I've taken a look at some Australian aborigine dances, and somehow they do not seem to play to the long lines and nice posture of DomShabs, so that's why I am wondering who the aborigines are. (Australian? other indigenous groups elswhere? generic 'savages' as in Savage Rites?)

Of course, given her choice of an Olympic FD for herself, I can see Linichuk getting attached to this Australian performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzhZr-uKTlc