2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30

StunninglyUnique

Rinkside
Hi everyone, so after sochi I completely fell in love with Stobolva/Klimov but lately I have noticed some attitude from Ksenia, I don't know, I think she is a fantastic skater and she is very beautiful but she seems to have a rude personality :/ just watched the EC and the interview after their short program, Ksenia seemed annoyed and rude to the interviewer and not paying attention to the interview at all and then at the Russian Nationals she kind of did this face after Yulia had reseved her scores for her long program. Can someone just explain to me if I'm reading her wrong or does she actually have a rude attitude. Her attitude is not that interesting because it's their skating I love and not their personal life or personality but it still buggs me.

gold12345

Medalist
I don't see why not. It's not the French or Italian teams are going to be putting up 130 points in the FS. If T/M go clean they will jump over both of them.

Agreed. T/M have only skated a clean LP at this past Russian Nationals, but even with a mistake or two, they might still have a pretty good chance of passing the French and Italians.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
LOL none of the judges saw the three evident errors made by Stolbova. On the other hand their side by side spin was amazing!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
They know that with those scores they have zero chance against D/R next month and it's dangerously close to K/S today. So they are not used to it and they can not afford any mistakes tomorrow.

Of course, but come on, they earned the highest score, even with mistakes, whole season 70+. What do they expect? They lost to the Canadian as Canadian have 3Lz and 3LzTh, let alone better death spiral and twist. You know, the receipt is one: learn to do more difficult elements. Because they seem to start having "Slutskaya from Salt Lake syndrom" - you skate a mediocre performance and wait for judges to appreciate it :eek:hwell:
They generally have such reactions about every score they got, besides maybe Euro's and Olympics 2014 - just for example World's 2014 :)scratch:), when they seemed simply dissapointed with that 2nd place.

Hi everyone, so after sochi I completely fell in love with Stobolva/Klimov but lately I have noticed some attitude from Ksenia, I don't know, I think she is a fantastic skater and she is very beautiful but she seems to have a rude personality :/

I read such opinions about her, too. As I don't like their skating, I usually read the interviews with them, but in one I've read some time ago, I thought she didn't pay much attention to nothing what Fedor said. She's overshadowing him every time, on or off the ice - IMO it doesn't look well.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They know that with those scores they have zero chance against D/R next month and it's dangerously close to K/S today. So they are not used to it and they can not afford any mistakes tomorrow.

Spot on. But then what did they expect with repeating elements from last year (and in the FS not even changing their order, if I remember correctly). I believe the phrase is "resting on your laurels"...

whatif

Medalist
Spot on. But then what did they expect with repeating elements from last year (and in the FS not even changing their order, if I remember correctly). I believe the phrase is "resting on your laurels"...

To give them some credit, they are working hard on upping the content http://instagram.com/p/xg_n9txEGu/?modal=true and not sure why she is always so pissy maybe at herself or just life in general but the attitude kinda sucks.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
To give them some credit, they are working hard on upping the content http://instagram.com/p/xg_n9txEGu/?modal=true and not sure why she is always so pissy maybe at herself or just life in general but the attitude kinda sucks.

That's good to hear. I think they thought the Canadians weren't going to be a threat to them this year and why not go with what works. A serious miscalculation, no? So good they are finally addressing it.

And maybe she's just an unpleasant person. Lord knows I met quite a few very talented poets in a writing group I was in, and most of them were, well let's be polite and say, not someone you would want to be stuck in an elevator with. Talent doesn't ipso facto mean Nice Good Person.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I do not think that they're going to include a 3T+3T in their programs... There was a video ot Tatiana Volosozhar doing that in practice, too, but it's just "practice for fun" I think. What they need is a second sbs triple, and a video of Ksenia (or Fedor) doing a 3S would really show us that they're trying to improve their BV; another option is a thrown 3Lo, but since their thrown salchow is so good and it has become almost a trademark of theirs, performed as it is at the end of the FS (just like S/S), I don't think that they're going to change it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That's good to hear. I think they thought the Canadians weren't going to be a threat to them this year and why not go with what works. A serious miscalculation, no? So good they are finally addressing it.

And maybe she's just an unpleasant person. Lord knows I met quite a few very talented poets in a writing group I was in, and most of them were, well let's be polite and say, not someone you would want to be stuck in an elevator with. Talent doesn't ipso facto mean Nice Good Person.

This is true but I think perhaps we are reading too much into what seems mostly to be her facial expressions in K&C and form what I can tell one interview. Also even were she a 'bad sport' that doesn't ipso facto make her a bad person either- she could be very kind, loving, generous, funny etc with friends and family and just not a nice person in a professional context. She'd be far from the first person like that either :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I do not think that they're going to include a 3T+3T in their programs... There was a video ot Tatiana Volosozhar doing that in practice, too, but it's just "practice for fun" I think. What they need is a second sbs triple, and a video of Ksenia (or Fedor) doing a 3S would really show us that they're trying to improve their BV; another option is a thrown 3Lo, but since their thrown salchow is so good and it has become almost a trademark of theirs, performed as it is at the end of the FS (just like S/S), I don't think that they're going to change it.

Yeah I think this season they will not change anything but their coach has listed multiple technical improvements they are seeking to make for next season, including harder SBS jumps and throws. I do think, if they are upset they are going to be second to D/R, the solution is only to up the tech content as much as they can as soon as they can.

Lota

Record Breaker
I think Ksenia's just a perfectionist and she knows she didn't do a perfect job here. And you know, it's easy for us to sit back here and analyse (or should I say overanalyse) everything, but for them it's different. Sometimes we sit back here and cannot understand why someone is disappointed with their score, but everyone puts lots and lots of work into their training, so of course it's not pleasant for them to see unexpectedly low results. Especially if they are striving to be the best of the best, especially if they are perfectionists (and I'm not talking about her, but in general here).

Ok, now I feel silly, like some sort of preacher :eek::

Last edited:

salchowx4

On the Ice
Scores seem reasonable to me with the exception of some overlooked mistakes. I agree with the overall standings. S/K are so good that even when they are cautious and flawed (like today) they look first class.

Worlds will be interesting. Based on GPF, if D/R are clean or almost clean, they will win, but S/K are close enough to make it a real competition. Can't wait.

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I think Ksenia's just a perfectionist and she knows she didn't do a perfect job here. And you know, it's easy for us to sit back here and analyse (or should I say overanalyse) everything, but for them it's different. Sometimes we sit back here and cannot understand why someone is disappointed with their score, but everyone puts lots and lots of work into their training, so of course it's not pleasant for them to see unexpectedly low results. Especially if they are striving to be the best of the best, especially if they are perfectionists (and I'm not talking about her, but in general here).

You're right, of course, but the thing is that she's dissapointed with almost every result. How much would she like to earn? Is 145 not enough? I mean, OK, when you lose to somebody, you can be disappointed with even good score but they are mostly 1st, being that young, current Olympic and World runners-up and now you are 1st, too, winning with extremely experienced and artistically gorgeous pair who just skated amazing program. It just looks like being overambitious.

whatif

Medalist
They are threatening 2 quad throws next season. Let's see and wait. I do think they are capable of much much more.

whatif

Medalist

She reminds me of Totmianina who also always had a sour or bitchy face.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A better quality short programme than I expected. I would have K/S in the lead, how did that programme not score over 70? They should be ahead of S/K on PCS on the TES side they had better SBS jumps and throw than S/K. I really like their death spiral, I am surprised that it was only a L3 compared to the L4 for S/K. Both are still very close so it is all to play for. S/K's programme has grown on me but it was second best for me today.

J/C gave one of the best skates I have ever seen from them, they fully deserved their 3rd place. I was really impressed with M/H, I expected them to score over 60 and felt they were harshly on the PCS. T/M chose today to skate their worst short programme in a long time they still are in touch and have a good chance to podium but they will need to skate clean.

I really liked the skate from Y/G, POTO made me wary but I liked their presentation, not top level difficulty but everything done cleanly. It's hard to believe that she could not find a suitable male partner in the USA. From reading his bio he previously skated with Vanessa James. The overall entry of 14 is somewhat disappointing, when was the last time Ukraine had no team entered?