2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ladies FS

Seruleane

Final Flight
Oh Elena...that fall was so weird, I wonder if she was exhausted or just lost focus? I can tell she really wants it, but is still not quite there. Hopefully she'll improve as the season goes on. It does not look like she's given up.

Evgenia's dress is SO PRETTY- she's just a vision on ice. But I don't like the back-loaded choreo. I never noticed it before, but now with the triple triple moved to second half, it just seems more unbalanced. I think the back-loaded jumps works great for Zagitova's program, but not Evgenia's.

Rika- great skate aside from the fall, she really seems to have rebounded from last year. I really like the Frida program for her. Rika always goes a non-traditional route which I love.

zytolda

On the Ice
Evgenia's dress is SO PRETTY- she's just a vision on ice. But I don't like the back-loaded choreo. I never noticed it before, but now with the triple triple moved to second half, it just seems more unbalanced. I think the back-loaded jumps works great for Zagitova's program, but not Evgenia's.

exactly my thought - Alina has every jump on music accent and it makes program interesting; with Evgenia last 1.5 minute for me is skating from jump to jump with no connection to the music

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yeah it was hit and miss, and that fall was just plain weird. But I'll say this. I NEVER liked Radionova. I thought she skated like an overcooked noodle and relied too much on cuteness. She may not be the threat she was a few seasons ago, but I think she's a much more interesting skater now. Maturity is really starting to suit her.

The thing about her is that she actually shows progress in her skates, as misdirected as some of those choices have been, you can just tell there's an inner artiste struggling to get out there somewhere. Physically she has really changed, but she is adapting, her movements and limbs are more refined and controlled, and more movements are carried through as oppose to some just do it because it is how you get transition scores.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
OT I'm in Florida and the roofers showed up just as the final two groups began. Darn you Irma. Back OT, I managed to catch the final seconds of Med's FS and all of Rad's. Thanks to everyone who provided PBP cause that's how I'm catching up now! :biggrin:

Seruleane

Final Flight
I think Radionova switched coaches as season too late ... for the Olympics. If she continues her career she'll be a far better skater next season. There is improvement but fixing long term issues is so difficult ...

I agree. Would love to see her in future seasons because I think she has a lot more to offer. But, unfortunately, with the depth of the Russian ladies' field (and the insane tech that Eteri's junior girls are doing), I don't really see her chances improving much more. Basically, this season is her best chance. It's only going to get harder.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Pwhahahahahahaaa... judge no 5, not biased AT ALL!!!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

exactly my thought - Alina has every jump on music accent and it makes program interesting; with Evgenia last 1.5 minute for me is skating from jump to jump with no connection to the music

I actually enjoyed it here: it kinda reminds me of old free skates from the american ladies that usually started with a spiral or simple jumps like the 2a. It's a nice way to open the program, instead of beginning with the nervous face because of the opening combo.

She needs to fix the lutz edge though, it hurted the bv a bit here.

Tulipstar

Medalist
And to continue on from the SP - it is not just how Elena skates, look at that K&C. She's checked out.

I don't know. Unfortunately, this doesn't look promising but there's a lot of time so fingers crossed.
Kids were shouting "I love you" and she seemed quite happy to receive cheers while in the K&C, to me :)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
We'll have to see the judging at GP though, usually during the Senior Bs competition judges are more strict.

Pwhahahahahahaaa... judge no 5, not biased AT ALL!!!

We are talking about the two times world champion, unbeated for how many years at this point?

In the Yuna era it was the same, and honestly i'm not surprised to see 10s for skaters of this level.

Kittosuni

Medalist
If I counted it right Medvedeva has 30 different features in her STSQ while Zagitova has 35 features. That's a packed STSQ :shocked:

Usually 20-25 i sufficient to get level 4.

pearly

Record Breaker
So apparently I decided to take a power nap during Elena's FS. :/ How come she added an extra jump?