2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Tomoe's Lutz is perfection but that 3T was UR too, just like in her last event. This time it wasn't called.
It's funny because she has the textbook technique but for some reason she can't get that second jump around. :think:

It's not some reason. It's BECAUSE she has the textbook technique - she is struggling with jumps in combos. So called textbook technique jumps are very difficult to attach another fully rotated triple.

I am okay with the 3T not being called < because I see it as borderline 1/4 turn underrotated... however that big hooked landing should have hurt GOE.

Good joke :laugh2: ..Wait, are you serious? :unsure: It was borderline downgraded jump (i.e. 1/2 turn) and that "big hooked landing" occured EXACTLY BECAUSE of that. She lands on the ice literally facing forward - it was evident even in real time :drama:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Lol :laugh2: Are you serious? :unsure: It was borderline downgraded jump (i.e. 1/2 turn) and that "big hooked landing" occured EXACTLY BECAUSE of that. She lands on the ice literally facing forward - it was evident even in real time :drama:

:eekn:
I... I... I must be completely blind

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yeah, that 3T was almost a 2T, pretty close!
Specially under the new rules there is no way that 3T shouldn’t have been called.
It’s really disappointing to have such lenient panels. And worst than that is the inconsistency from event to event, some are more strict, some are blind or pretend to be. It’s just a whole mess and makes the sport look bad.
And in situations like this when a call can make the difference between first or second place and then first or second place can decide who gets the spot for the Final, it’s really... upsetting.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yeah, that 3T was almost a 2T, pretty close!
Specially under the new rules there is no way that 3T shouldn’t have been called.
It’s really disappointing to have such lenient panels. And worst than that is the inconsistency from event to event, some are more strict, some are blind or pretend to be. It’s just a whole mess and makes the sport look bad.
And in situations like this when a call can make the difference between first or second place and then first or second place can decide who gets the spot for the Final, it’s really... upsetting.

Can I like this more than once? :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
meaningless and silly thoughts:

i enjoyed Tarakanova more than Tarusina, they're both very good skaters but somehow they lack the wow factor of their fellow countrygirls

Filcova: the goth mood of this program brings me back to my teen age years XD she’s rough, but I enjoyed her performance.

Rogic: skating to 300 soundtrack’s already epic this ways, no matter the score.

Kawabata: the girl who did the impossible :biggrin: I enjoyed her a lot, last time she didn’t impress me much, but this time I couldn’t take my eyes out of her.

Li: beautiful skater, as usual, and gorgeous dress, inspired by Rebecca Ferguson's costume in the movie!