2019 Junior Worlds Men's Short Program | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Men's Short Program

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Wow a level 4 for one of the ugliest St Seqs I've seen this season. Grassl deserves better choreography.

He also needs to stop hunching so much. Somebody make that boy walk around with books on his head or something because his posture needs help.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Thought Grassl would get a < for that axel, but I guess not. European solidarity rules on the panel and judges. Bah.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Grassl being 3rd and ahead of Danielian, Gogolev, etc is the funniest stuff I've seen since...you know what, I won't say since what cause that'll open a of worms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanshani

On the Ice
So many clean performances...from the men! The junior men! :hap93:

Whatever alternate universe we have warped into for this to happen, I hope we stay here forever. :biggrin:

Alas, almost certainly not going to last for the free, but it just goes to show why quads are necessary in men's. Without them, it would be very difficult to have an objective basis upon which to distinguish their scores. :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well the FS is going to be terrifying, and it's probably a good thing that my darling here is Younghyun who is far, far from medal contention...

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
If the kid is this bendy, let him do a Beilmann, damn.

The top 11 are separated by 5.95 points TOTAL. No one can afford to rest on their laurels on that thin a margin, and if I know men's skating, we're gonna have a lot of sudden death splatterfests, so... get your levels in, y'all :dbana:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Boy am I glad plans changed and I will be gone all day tomorrow. I'll still miss almost all of the ID, but this was one terrific event.

:bow:

Thank you Junior Men!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Free skate is going to be brutal.

The difference separating them all is even less than one quad, one miss step on a triple or even a spin or footwork could be the difference between a medal and 10th places

Yes, if most of them will go clean-ish, a small things will decide. And I am glad I won't be the one to do it, because I would love to have 10-places podium, they all impressed me in some way: charming Petr & Artur, mature Camden & Roman, a bit edgy Joseph, quirky Daniel, showman Tomoki, cheeky Alexei, musical Koshiro, Irakli, Ivan...

LaArdilla

Medalist
Well, that was one heck of a promising start of the championships! The free can’t come soon enough!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, the difference between 1st and 10th is just about 5.5 point, just one mistake. There will be what to skate about in free :agree:

champagnerain

Final Flight
If the kid is this bendy, let him do a Beilmann, damn.

It depends on how flexible his back is. I have hypermobile joints, so I could definitely get into that crazy spin position, and I can bend my shoulders in ways that people think are totally unnatural, but I couldn't do a Bielmann to save my life because I have a super inflexible back. :shrug:

Danny T

Medalist
Between this and JGP Ostrava (?) the junior men are very fun and intense to watch this season. If everyone makes the transition to senior well, there can be some very interesting years ahead.

OTOH, the high level of skating means Japan is in huuuge trouble. If Tsuboi and Koshiro don't bring it in the free, they could be down to 1 spot :slink:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Such a small gap between the top 10. I am reaching StephenGfan levels of North American/Canadian indignance. The FS will be full of :popcorn: and tears(happy and sad). I'm ready for Gogogadget's leap from 10th to 1st.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Between this and JGP Ostrava (?) the junior men are very fun and intense to watch this season. If everyone makes the transition to senior well, there can be some very interesting years ahead.

OTOH, the high level of skating means Japan is in huuuge trouble. If Tsuboi and Koshiro don't bring it in the free, they could be down to 1 spot :slink:

I never expected that Junior MEN would become my favourite junior discipline - I am over the moon for diversity in styles, presentation, a different balance they bring between athleticism & artistry, such promise and room for development! I enjoyed whole JGP season this past year and getting to know these young men:)

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Such a small gap between the top 10. I am reaching StephenGfan levels of North American/Canadian indignance. The FS will be full of :popcorn: and tears(happy and sad). I'm ready for Gogogadget's leap from 10th to 1st.

Thank you for the shout out

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada

Erm, the spot next year will be reserved for Yuma, right? RIGHT? :eek:

Ok but really I wonder how the spots will shuffle post-JW. Men's short started slow, but the last three groups were worth money!