2019 Junior Worlds Men's Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Men's Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I really should stop having favourites and just have a general like/dislike, that'll save me from a whole lot of stress... But one can't change a fundamental personality trait, even my psychiatrist said so. Oh well, I'll try not to wish anything for my faves that actually are in contention and just wish for a clean, charming D'Artagnan (that probably nobody will care about but me and the fans with the banner, but still)

seimei

On the Ice
Gogo got ! on his flip. I thought his flip was ok, but his lutz was !.. though. Have he ever got ! on his flip this seaseon?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
As always, the last group of skaters got a little boost from the judges, but it will be an interesting fight for the medals, and that between top 12 skaters i guess :biggrin:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Between this and JGP Ostrava (?) the junior men are very fun and intense to watch this season. If everyone makes the transition to senior well, there can be some very interesting years ahead.

OTOH, the high level of skating means Japan is in huuuge trouble. If Tsuboi and Koshiro don't bring it in the free, they could be down to 1 spot :slink:

It seems like Koshiro was affected by nerves today. He must be feeling a lot of pressure! I hope he holds it together for the FS :pray:

LadyB

Record Breaker
From the little I could see (oh, I hate having to work when there is an important skating event on), it's been a strong comp with great performances. However, while I'm still hopeful for Petr (and to a certain extent for Roman), I really feel sorry for Artur and Stephen. Well, they're not a million miles off, but...
Still, I totally love Koshiro's Adios!!!!

noskates

Record Breaker
Yayyy Camden!! I have been a fan of his since I saw him win Juniors at Nats last year. I think if he an continue to work on his consistency he's definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with. I think he has so much more panache than many of the other young men.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Fantastic competition :gclap:

Camden nearly melt my heart but i'm too afraid of the free, for hoping on a medal for him.

But who was the last ? I can't say... :think:

Was it Plushenko or some italian talent ? :biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well well.. the competition is so tight simply because the boys are limited here... except for the two who did a loop combo, everyone else pretty much had the same layout...

joseph was smart to have his combo in the second half... massive GOE... i think that's something Gogo could have done too.

I am fine with Camden and Tomo on top... fine with Peter's score as well... not sure Daniel, Alexei and Roman were that much better than Jo (yes i know.. he touched on the 3a but look at the quality of skating overall) and I thought judges were a bit stingy on GOGO though, we all have seen him skate better....

now that it's open quad for the LP... the pressure will be extreme... if Gogo and Jo and even Adam land theirs early on... we could have a splatfest in the final flight... it won't probably happen but yeah... exciting event... i'd place Jo in the top 6.. that is my biggest disappointment. tech panel was hard on his levels perhaps?

champagnerain

Final Flight
These are some...weird protocols. I'm not used to seeing so few UR calls but so many ! calls. I guess that because the junior boys can't attempt quads in the SP, I should expect fewer UR calls than I would in a senior competition, but...this just looks strange. :slink:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
can you believe my luck? i got a call just right when daniel started skating and i couldn't get free untill now :( but he did well from what i'm reading, so celebratory lasagna are still a thing :biggrin:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
can you believe my luck? i got a call just right when daniel started skating and i couldn't get free untill now :(

Phones are the nemesis of skating :curse:

Dispose of ALL of them, NOW !!! ( or at least switch it off, next time :biggrin: )

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I think Stephen was unlucky with the skating order. He skated without mistakes, and I think the edge call in the Flip was not justified. Being 10th is weird. It is true that junior SP is just framed by the strict rules. We end up with identical programs on and on. Only the music changes. On one hand it is good they don't allow quads but with this rules they make results so unpredictable. The FS is the real churner.

Holy Headband

On the Ice
I think Stephen was unlucky with the skating order. He skated without mistakes, and I think the edge call in the Flip was not justified. Being 10th is weird. It is true that junior SP is just framed by the strict rules. We end up with identical programs on and on. Only the music changes. On one hand it is good they don't allow quads but with this rules they make results so unpredictable. The FS is the real churner.

I strongly disagree that only the music changes. From Gogolev's point of view, sure, since he hasn't developed the skills to stand out with anything other than his jumps yet, but some of the other skaters have outstanding choreography, spins, skating skills, etc.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
well well.. the competition is so tight simply because the boys are limited here... except for the two who did a loop combo, everyone else pretty much had the same layout...

joseph was smart to have his combo in the second half... massive GOE... i think that's something Gogo could have done too.

I am fine with Camden and Tomo on top... fine with Peter's score as well... not sure Daniel, Alexei and Roman were that much better than Jo (yes i know.. he touched on the 3a but look at the quality of skating overall) and I thought judges were a bit stingy on GOGO though, we all have seen him skate better....

now that it's open quad for the LP... the pressure will be extreme... if Gogo and Jo and even Adam land theirs early on... we could have a splatfest in the final flight... it won't probably happen but yeah... exciting event... i'd place Jo in the top 6.. that is my biggest disappointment. tech panel was hard on his levels perhaps?

Well done. The American men were killing it and have set themselves up nicely. Gogo wasn't so hot. The Japanese men didn't have their best skaes but ironically the skaters are so close that even Gogo could move up onto the podium or Phan from Canada or Kraz or whoever. The top ten and then some are close enough that one difficult quad in the second half is the difference. I wouldn't get too confident about an American sweep but anything is possible.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Well he isn't totally buried but we know he could be hit or miss. But the American men were bringing it.