2019 World Team Trophy Mens Free Skate

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Shoma really is something else...that friggin' layout!!!Loco returns

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you Shoma for fighting until the end of season! Lovely skate in front of your home crowd :clap:

Cool crazy try on 3axel-4toe!

189.46 in first place.

Now GO Vincent!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Thank you Shoma for fighting until the end of season! Lovely skate in front of your home crowd :clap:

Cool crazy try on 3axel-4toe!

189.46 in first place.

Now GO Vincent!

He will totally nail it next season, I have no doubts! And that 4F-3T, he crazy today!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just "whaat did you try you crazy man??". He really tried!

I know! I screamed!

The only time I ever saw a skater try that was Plushy during a practice on YouTube and he underrotated on the 4T!

The crowd goes wild!!

I'm on the OK.ru stream but somehow I'm still behind everyone :laugh:

A gutsy Moonlight Shomata!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Japanese announcer mentions Mishin and Plushy! What did they say I wonder!

Flower crowns suit Shoma!

Here comes Vincent! Good luck!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
great performance! but did vinny (gosh ti sounds so italian-american:biggrin:) rotate everything?

patchris84

On the Ice
Congratulations to Vincent for the beauty of his jumps today :thumbsup: ! What a quadruple lutz !!!(just the 3s of the last combination)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
:eekn:

Vincent really goes for everything; and no pops or falls :clap: Right after Shoma and all.

Just crazy.

Nice in K&C with his fourth coach :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Vincent, this performance is a Sign From The Skating Gods: it's time to move on from Tom Z.

Now if you would just learn to loosen up your arms a bit more...

But really, congrats on the breakthrough season, particularly the second half.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Just to let you know, I couldn't find the comment I was actually thinking of, but I did find another comment where she linked to a video of somebody saying a whole pile of Vietnamese surnames, and provided the direct links to the points when Vivian Lê's and Nam Nguyễn's surnames came up:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...s-Free-Skate&p=1208667&viewfull=1#post1208667

And I have also found another conversation, where a different Vietnamese speaking member got involved. Here is the start of the conversation (it continues onto the next page):

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ng-Questions&p=1002193&viewfull=1#post1002193

Please note that I have also restored the accent to the spelling of Nam's surname in my previous post.

Which brings me to Daniel Grassl. Could you settle an argument for me?

Given that he's from the German speaking part of the country, I have often wondered if there is supposed to be an umlaut on the "a" of Daniel's surname, i.e. "Grässl"?

Just asking because it makes a difference to the way his name is pronounced, i.e. "Graessl" if there is.

CaroLiza_fan

i've never seen the umlaut on his surname, i guess both forms exist, it could be a variation or an adaptation of the german-italian form since we don't have the ae sound in our official language (it still exists in some dialects)

Yossalu

On the Ice
Vincent is wearing that newfound status of world medalist well. He looks more confident in his elements and thus more able to tap into the artistic side of things. He's clearly working so hard and I think it will continue to grow. Hamada has been a great influence on him!