2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Men's Free Skate

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
I can count to ten in like 6 languages excluding Korean, numbers are kinda easy to memorize. Not trying to brag, just trying to prove a point. I'm just a young alcoholic.
The most important info of your statement is that you are young :D

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm surprised to see so many skaters bringing programs forward from last year. Not disappointed, just surprised. I guess if you feel like you haven't maxed a program out, why ditch it? It's just, with a new quadrennium, I would expect that skaters desire a fresh start. I wonder if they, like all of us, are feeling inflation these days and won't have the resources to change programs every year?

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
I'm basically a baby. An alcoholic baby. Wah.
200w.webp
😀

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Speaking of languages and numbers, Korean has two ways of counting. One is using native Korean words, the other is using Sino-based Korean words. And unless you can do both I won't say you can count to ten in Korean

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched as many of the men's programs, short and long, as I was able. Quite a lot put me into a catatonic state.

But the good skates were very, very good. I've added something to my description of skaters I like: They look like only themselves on ice. Keegan and Roman are plus-perfect examples. With Keegan, it's partly to do with his smile and attitude: pure joy. And also the fact that his emotional expression and musical style are from the inside out. With Roman, it's primarily his elegance and subtlety, which is pretty remarkable when one is performing explosive jumps. His jumps are as smooth as room-temperature butter.

There were other great examples in these 2 men's programs. Liam Kapeikis is one. His SP especially lets him shine and glow with his special way of artistry. Tomas from Spain is another. Both of them have artistry already present in their technique, and music in their bones. The music is not just background. It's integral to their performances

There are so many who are just doing elements (not just these men, I'm talking figure skating globally now. And others who are unmistakably in the mold of some coach, choreographer, or style. The skaters I love are skating from their hearts and souls!

P.S. I read the thread, and enjoyed the dialogue.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm surprised to see so many skaters bringing programs forward from last year. Not disappointed, just surprised. I guess if you feel like you haven't maxed a program out, why ditch it? It's just, with a new quadrennium, I would expect that skaters desire a fresh start. I wonder if they, like all of us, are feeling inflation these days and won't have the resources to change programs every year?
Keegan could skate "Perfect" every year for the next decade and I'd never tire of it. But I don't know how they decide to keep or not keep programs.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan could skate "Perfect" every year for the next decade and I'd never tire of it. But I don't know how they decide to keep or not keep programs.

SubRosa said:

I didn't see it at the time, but I've heard an interview of Tamara Moskvina when she was asked why she had her pair, Mishkutenov and Dmitriev, keep their free program from one season, when they won Worlds with it, to use it in the next, 1992 Olympics. She answered, "why do you keep your husband?"

Michelle Kwan kept skating to "East of Eden" again and again. Once I looked up to see when all she'd skated to it, and it started when she was 12 or 13. In those 2 cases, I think it (the programs, the music?) just were a great fit for their talents, emotions, desires ... and they never got tired of exploring it.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Speaking of languages and numbers, Korean has two ways of counting. One is using native Korean words, the other is using Sino-based Korean words. And unless you can do both I won't say you can count to ten in Korean
I can count to ten with the native numbers (though I'm sure my pronunciation is terrible). They taught us when I took Taekwondo. I think they taught us other words, but I stopped when I was around 9, so...