2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Women's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Women's Short Program

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think Brady is better than the 2 girls we have now .
She has been the top US woman for the US in this quadrennial. When have Karen and Mariah made it to the GPF or won a 4CC medal?
Alysa's technical edge has been worn away by growth and physical maturity.

Bradie has nerves of steel and is a fierce competitor. It is so sad that she has been sidelined by injury.

lunastartron

Rinkside
She has been the top US woman for the US in this quadrennial. When have Karen and Mariah made it to the GPF or won a 4CC medal?
Alysa's technical edge has been worn away by growth and physical maturity.

Bradie has nerves of steel and is a fierce competitor. It is so sad that she has been sidelined by injury.
Mariah won more medals than Bradie during the 2019 - 2020 GP season (the year Bradie made it to the final in a tiebreak over Mariah and Satoko) and tied her in points.
She also has as many GP medals total as Bradie for the quadrennium.
It’s not as if there’s a substantial gap in their records.

Last edited:

yctomi

Rinkside
There are a lot of interesting things that can happen based on Schizas/Zhu/Gutmann/Gubanova.

For example if Gubanova places 5th and Schizas is 6th (not entirely inconceivable), then Canada and Georgia tie (because they would have each acquired 7, 6, 5, 3 points from their 4 disciplines) and it comes down to the best total score of their best 3 disciplines.

Georgia's scores
M - 92.37 - 7 points
I - 64.60 - 3 points
P - 64.79 - 5 points
W - ?

Canada's scores
M -71.06 - 3 points
I - 82.72 - 7 points
P - 67.34 - 5 points
W - ?

The big showdown will be Schizas vs. Gubanova. Huuuge ask of Lara and Zhu to keep their countries from slipping out of the top 5.
China is already in the top 5 unless US finishes behind both Georgia and Canada, and Zhu finishes last

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
But a LOT of dominos would have to fall correctly. And you know what? So far, they have.

Still plenty of dominos left, but heading into the fourth of eight sections, this thing is by no means in the bag for Russia. Have to see where things stand afterwards.

I'm getting Dominos for dinner tonight.

I can't wait for the SP!

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wouldn't count Karen out though... finishing 4th at worlds nowadays means best in the world but Russia. That's 9+ 9 =18 points in this event if she can repeat that.
Yeah, I feel like there's a non-zero chance Karen could place second in the team event if the Japanese don't perform their best because it happened at Worlds.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah won more medals than Bradie during the 2019 - 2020 GP season (the year Bradie made it to the final in a tiebreak over Mariah and Satoko) and tied her in points.
She also has as many GP medals total as Bradie for the quadrennium.
It’s not as if there’s a substantial gap in their records.
Bradie can do 3-3's in her sleep and has a much higher career best in both the SP and the LP while Mariah seemed to peak in 2019 and has slowly declined since then. I would take the Bradie who won Nationals last year in a heartbeat she would be a threat to beat whichever Japanese lady skates and give the US an outside chance to win Gold.

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Bradie cannot do 3-3s in her sleep now. She is injured and essentially on a disabled list and did not even enter Nationals. This discussion is leaving me dumbfounded. We have to go with skaters who are actually in China and eligible to skate..

Ok so... out of the US ladies who do we know is even in China right now?
Only Karen? Or have there been sightings of the two others?