2022 Skate America Women's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Women's Free Skate

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Finally watched this. Oh my, the judges were really generous. And you can tell...Amber knew that score should not have been near 197 points. And Isabeau 206??!! ...with that technique and slow skating? ...hmmm.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
And btw, Dorothy's jumps, her famous spins and her gorgeous edges were all spectacular.
Her delayed axel … just amazing (same with Robin Cousins). I know that jump isn’t worth anything in the scoring system, but i wish it could be included in choreo without it counting in the total of jumps allowed. Or that skaters at least did it at galas.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her delayed axel … just amazing (same with Robin Cousins). I know that jump isn’t worth anything in the scoring system, but i wish it could be included in choreo without it counting in the total of jumps allowed. Or that skaters at least did it at galas.
❤️ This. I just love watching those delayed double axels. And Brian Boitano had a breathtaking delayed triple axel ... it seemed like he would hang in the air.

It's such a shame that such moves aren't worth anything any more. They add to the wonder of the athleticism and the beauty of figure skating.

And I meant to say when I mentioned Amber skating to Hit the Road Jack. Since I've heard it in several skaters' programs this past month or so, it's serendipitous and awesome when skaters pick the same music, like it is the Right Time for that piece, because they surely didn't consult each other ahead of time.

Of course, sometimes it goes crazy, like The Year of Phantom of the Opera. :laugh:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love the gala idea. It would save a lot of wear and tear on bodies