2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was holding my breath every time Lolo and Nik did a lift.

My favorite moments in this program were when Beethoven's "Fur Elise" morphed into Spanish style. Lovely!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What are the chances Skate Canada will send the top 3 here to 4CC and delay naming the Worlds team until after 4CC?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What are the chances Skate Canada will send the top 3 here to 4CC and delay naming the Worlds team until after 4CC?
Honestly, I hope they do not do this, especially considering that Nik and Lolo train with LaLa.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m sad for Zachary and Marjorie! They won the free dance. Such a close competition. Canada clearly has 3 teams in the top 8 standings in the World.

Now, time for lunch and a nap, before I bite my nails with the Pairs Free Program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Do you think the top 3 here will go to 4CC or do you think Piper and Paul will be back in time.
it all depends... recently two of my friends got appendectomy... one was a very easy intervention, 18 hours at the hospital and back home... not lifting more than 15 pounds for a couple weeks is the only restriction... the other, 9 days at the hospital and in severe bad shape...
As we saw Piper on the ice already, it looks like she may have had a less intrusive intervention and could be ready for 4CC...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
OMG.... That deduction in the RD for the extended lift is costly for LALA.

Even without Piper and Paul, many countries would be jealous of the podium we got here in Canada
Think about a team like Laurialt/LeGac, third here, and with skills and performance ability like that they would absolutely be the top team in just about any other country!

rain

Record Breaker
I would say zero. The only way there would have been even a question is if FB/S had actually lost overall. Even then, I think Skate Canada would choose them for worlds. They won a GP, and went to the GP final. LaLa did neither of those things. The international judges will score FB/S higher (providing they don't fall again). I think the world team has been clear since FB/S won that GP over Chock/Bates.

I also expect that if Piper and Paul are well enough, they will go to Four Continents, not Lauriault/Le Gac. I think Gilles/Poirier will want to have another competition post surgery before worlds, and if they're back on form, I think they'll go.