2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nicolas Nadeau......Wasn't he a singles skater? His name sounds familiar.
Yep Elvis himself. Nic is a wonderful personality. On instagram you can see he is trying to physically get stronger for pairs (and or he is trying to gain support - a lot of shirtless photos of him working out - maybe that's the way they train?.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
THis is Canada's strongest discipline. I do fear that Shane Firus and his partner best before date may have expired. THey are not as young as the other teams and there are others behind that can move up and pass them. 4th without the top Canadian team. the two L squared teams are moving up score wise and significantly ahead, The Danadians also have moved up in the world scene and Piper and Paul minus the appendectomy are at the top of their game (really scared for them an appendectomy is not something easy to come back from especially in skating where bending and flexibility is required.). LaLa are showing why they were world junior champs; sad they can't or won't be going to worlds.

VickB

On the Ice
Think about a team like Laurialt/LeGac, third here, and with skills and performance ability like that they would absolutely be the top team in just about any other country!

L/L have no more future assignments ?

What about Poje and Weaver returning next season or the Olympics ?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What about Poje and Weaver returning next season or the Olympics ?
It seems really unlikely. During the Canadian Nationals stream, Ted asked Kaitlyn if she missed skating with Andrew and she said something like "not really, training for competition is a real grind".

They did skate, and very well, in the Canadian Stars on Ice holiday tour shows. Andrew in a kilt was one of the highlights of the show!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I totally missed the event, can anyone tell me why Fabbri/Ayer were not competing? Are they injured?

yesterday

Record Breaker
I totally missed the event, can anyone tell me why Fabbri/Ayer were not competing? Are they injured?
put in "Fabbri/Ayer" into forum search, there's at least one, mabey two threads as pre-discussion to the Nationals where they will be mentioned.