2023 Europeans Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Europeans Entries

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Georgia, Hungary, Serbia, Moldova, Poland (and Russia)

I'm very glad that the Georgian Federation saved Gubanova's career, but I still think it's immeasurably unfair what happened to Urushadze, who carried the women's discipline on her back for years alone, got an Olympic spot, and was sent to Courchevel for a JGP out of gratitude.
ok, that's the past. however, the current problem is that, despite the good results, I don't see it as in Tbilisi, Gori, etc. born skaters would flood the novice competitions. the Fed's (specifically Mariam Giorgobiani) argument in favor of transfers is a circulus vitiosus. I'm afraid they will never reach the goal.
on the other hand, they have a strong team from the Russian C Division. but Hungary's Z-League Russians... please. it's a joke.
only the Serbian practice is more terrifying. I don't know how much it costs to keep Dubinina up to date, and how much the Association spends on making her compete - and how much they spend on themselves while accompanying her. all I know is that even watching her on the ice is getting more and more embarrassing, while e.g. Ana Scepanovic is preparing without a coach or support.

before anyone accuses me of russophobia: I am very confident that Gracheva will be focused and sharp. hers is one of the most imaginative, best SPs of the season (unfortunately I don't know who the choreographer is), but it only works if she's accurate. and I was happy to see at the Universiade that Kurakova's movements and jumps are starting to come together, and her performance is comic again. in the first half of the season she was very wooden.
however, it's very sad that the Polish silver medalist will not be there at the Euro. I don't know what PZSW did or could have done to get the ISU to accept Bialas' JGP scores for entry (she didn't meet the tech minimum of SP in a senior competition). I don't think she would have made it to the final24, but it would have been nice to see her once. maybe not a great skater but she's a special, sensual phenomenon on the ice. with very little confidence.
Nothing. You can't count junior events for the senior tech minimums (which I think it stupid, but that's the rule).

icetug

Medalist
Nothing. You can't count junior events for the senior tech minimums (which I think it stupid, but that's the rule).
That's right. The only what the Polish FS Association could do was sending Karolina to the Latvia Trophy and praying she would repeat her result from 4Nationals...

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I’m really curious to see how the Finnish dance team will do at home again. They thrilled everyone when Espoo held the GP earlier this year. I love the way they skate together. They really surprised me. Very enjoyable to watch, very easy skating. I have them in my predictions winning a bronze here.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maia Sorenson (DEN) OUT
What a pity. I hope there will be no more. She neither does not have a substitute, so one skater less. Any reason? Has she been in Finland already? So this means there will only 5 groups, I suppose. How does it change the shcedule? Will the competition start later or finish earlier? Or will they keep it in 6 by 5 skaters in each? Well, the starting order should be published today at some time. I just could leave the arena, if the break between competitions is long. Don't see you today, I will go to work now and from there direct to train, will watch pairs and men when I get to my hotel. I want to keep myself exited and don't read the forum until I have watched today's competitions. To the rest: live :love2:

yesterday

Record Breaker
What a pity. I hope there will be no more. She neither does not have a substitute, so one skater less. Any reason? Has she been in Finland already? So this means there will only 5 groups, I suppose. How does it change the shcedule? Will the competition start later or finish earlier? Or will they keep it in 6 by 5 skaters in each? Well, the starting order should be published today at some time. I just could leave the arena, if the break between competitions is long. Don't see you today, I will go to work now and from there direct to train, will watch pairs and men when I get to my hotel. I want to keep myself exited and don't read the forum until I have watched today's competitions. To the rest: live :love2:
How were the lasst 2 groups of men for you? 🙂