2023 Four Continents Men's Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Men's Short Program

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I have seen Keegan skate live a bunch of times... He is amazing... his speed doesn't translate on screen. He is insanely fast... nobody comes close. At Nationals, I was sitting next to a couple ladies taking the "judging" courses.. They were filling score cards and one said well.. .good luck counting turns on these spins... the other answered : i am just assuming he did plenty more than required for that bullet !

LOL
I can confirm all of this about Keegan's speed across the ice, and the speed of his spins - both of which are incredibly impressive when you see him skating live. He's also a really gracious person - generous with his fans, and who puts everything into connecting with the audience.

[I want to write to him to say thank you for all the enjoyment his skating has brought me over the years (I first saw him, live, in Skate Canada in 2017 and have been a fan ever since) - and also to say what an inspiration he's been with his authentic, super-resilient and kind personality. (I have no idea where to send the letter, though..... )]

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
yeah... the contest is not over... but i was not impressed with Stephen again in the SP. Has he skated one very good SP this season?

I know a lot will be decided with the LP, and of course, I am biased... not many people on this forum sport a Conrad avatar ;) but I would give it to Conrad. He skated very well under pressure. He is calmer and attacks the programs. I don't get that vibe from Stephen...I got a 'let's skate not to make mistakes" sort of vibe from him... not much commitment. I also don't like the "let's remove a quad from the SP sort of deal... " I feel that Conrad deserves higher praise for all the improvements he has made... All I can wish for him is to have another solid skate tomorrow and see his PCS rise up a bit now that perhaps, he has proven he is there to compete with the big guys.

I hear it about skating so early in the order... but I expect better from judges... they should really look at what is happening on the ice and not when it is happening. I am not saying Conrad deserved 8s.... but 5s? Seriously?
I think Conrad has improved immeasurably this season. Stephen Gogolev doesn't seem to do much in terms of presentation - I don't see how he was awarded higher PCS than Conrad. I would send Conrad if it were up to me.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what is this about those being his legs??? What's the back story?

BTW, I thought his skate was utterly brilliant - lots of fantastic swan details, great posture and expression - and amazing jumps!
Goldenskate did an interview with him during US Nationals. (It’s probably linked to his fan thread). He had a bad short, but a good long. He said he “gave his legs a pep talk” before the long and reminded himself “these are your legs.” So, apparently as long as he remembers those are his legs we are ok.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can confirm all of this about Keegan's speed across the ice, and the speed of his spins - both of which are incredibly impressive when you see him skating live. He's also a really gracious person - generous with his fans, and who puts everything into connecting with the audience.

[I want to write to him to say thank you for all the enjoyment his skating has brought me over the years (I first saw him, live, in Skate Canada in 2017 and have been a fan ever since) - and also to say what an inspiration he's been with his authentic, super-resilient and kind personality. (I have no idea where to send the letter, though..... )]
To his rink…

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States

Or you can write him a post on his Instagram acct: and if you follow it, you can write a private message. https://www.instagram.com/sk8erkeeg/

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or you can write him a post on his Instagram acct: and if you follow it, you can write a private message. https://www.instagram.com/sk8erkeeg/
But then you don’t know if he’s reading it or someone in his team is. The only skaters I know I have been communicating with are Jimmy Ma and Timmy Chapman. They aren’t big enough to have someone dealing with their SM. Well. Chris/Alexa/Brandon I don’t think have someone running their SM either. Keegan is big time and almost certainly has someone running his. I’m not even old fashioned and I think a letter is harder to ignore than a SM message.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
But then you don’t know if he’s reading it or someone in his team is. The only skaters I know I have been communicating with are Jimmy Ma and Timmy Chapman. They aren’t big enough to have someone dealing with their SM. Well. Chris/Alexa/Brandon I don’t think have someone running their SM either. Keegan is big time and almost certainly has someone running his. I’m not even old fashioned and I think a letter is harder to ignore than a SM message.
Could be or maybe try both methods. One doesn't know if they are reading fan, snail mail either for certain or they might have handlers for that too.

Last edited: