2024 World Championships Practices | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Practices

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Adam Siao Him Fa's axis is scaring the ever-living daylights out of me, someone posted a video of his SP runthrough on Twitter and he went near sideways on a 3A attempt (and then somehow managed to land it). Based on his practices, I'm a little worried about how he will perform :(
That's normal for Adam, tbh, his axis is very wild a lot of the time. 😬

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am at the men's practice (and have been since 6:30 am). I overheard Ivan Shmuratko telling the judges that the wrong music was playing, but the music kept playing! He told them again, but they still didn't change it for for some reason (it was a song in French). He didn't perform to this music and I seriously hope someone gets the music issue sorted out before the next practice...

icewhite

Record Breaker
Based on the first day of practice, it looks like the group of women fighting for 4-12th spot are quite strong: Livia Kaiser, Lorine Schild, Olga Mikutina, Nina Pinzarrone, Amber Glenn, Kimmy Repond, Ekaterina Kurakova, Maddie Schizas, and Anastasiia Gubanova. The Japanese and Korean women look to be in great shape (with the exception of Haein, who is looking good, but not great). Hana Yoshida and Amber Glenn are both hitting several 3As and both say they have newfound consistency with that jump. Loena Hendrickx had a great practice, but apparently she is still dealing with some niggling injuries and right hip inflammation. :( The Japanese men all have had moments of brilliance and moments of struggle, but all three say they are in the best shape of their lives right now. Their practice at 6:30 in the morning today featured a clean SP from Kao, Yuma landing the two quads that gave him issues yesterday during his FS, and Shoma doing another 4T+3T combo. If Ilia makes mistakes, we could possibly end up with a Japan sweep. The US men are MIA, Jason arrived sometime yesterday and we haven't seen the other two at all. Adam Siao Him Fa's axis is scaring the ever-living daylights out of me, someone posted a video of his SP runthrough on Twitter and he went near sideways on a 3A attempt (and then somehow managed to land it). Based on his practices, I'm a little worried about how he will perform :(

Not sure I understand your post correctly, so you think 1-3 in women's are set?
I think Schizas and Kurakova will not be among the top 5, and neither will Mikutina, although I hope she shines. But the judges don't give her what she deserves.

Women's short starts at 11pm here, I suppose I won't watch live or at least not more than the first group... 🥱

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ARM. Clean run through
Chiu landed many thing before RT but the missed the 3a in the sp rt

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Group 2 Runthrough

Hendrickx FS: 3Lz+3T(ur), 2A, 3F, 2A, 3Lz+2T, 3F+2T+2Lo, 3S

Pinzarrone: 3Lz(step out), 3F+3T, 3Lz+2T, 3Lo+2A+2T, 3Lo, 2A. She either marked a jump or I missed it.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Loena LP
Clean rt but no 3/3 ( apparently it was a UR 3t. I am at the opposite side of the rink so to me it looked like a 3lz 2t) No loop. Did two 2a as solo jumps. 2 flips 2 lutzes and of course no 3toes ( at least... From my viewpoint lol)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am at the men's practice (and have been since 6:30 am). I overheard Ivan Shmuratko telling the judges that the wrong music was playing, but the music kept playing! He told them again, but they still didn't change it for for some reason (it was a song in French). He didn't perform to this music and I seriously hope someone gets the music issue sorted out before the next practice...
Bless you getting up that early. Poor Ivan :(

If you don't mind, did you see Jason or Donovan? What did you think?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since no one has mentioned women's practice, I will weigh in on our 2 American gals. Isabeau barely marked her program, then when it was other gals' turns, she was not careful and almost got in the way of several. How disappointing! Amber was pretty glorious though, the crowd was waiting for her triple axel. She botched the first 3A, but landed other great triples. Finally she went back, landed one not great, she tried again and nailed it! Proud of her, I hope she does well.

Kaori was magnificent. She'll probably three-peat!
Love your avatar...they are missed.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, don't they announce the scheduled skater and play their music whether they actually appear or not? At least that’s what I've heard they’ve done in the past.

Oh my gosh, i just noticed that tomorrow is my 20-year anniversary here on Golden Skate. I don't post a ton, but I do enjoy my time here. Happy anniversary to me!
Happy early anniversary!