3A-3T vs 3Lz-3Lo | Page 3 | Golden Skate

3A-3T vs 3Lz-3Lo

Mawwerg

Final Flight
There is a page Ice Skating World on facebook. There is a video posted on 17th April with 3Lz-3Lo combos made by Kostiuk, Honda, Tsibinova, Nugumanova, Sinitsyna, Shcherbakova, Zagitova and Trusova. Unfortunately I was not able to find this one on youtube.

MasterB

Final Flight
A toe jump can be added literally to anything.

Loop jump combinations are beautiful to look at but the success rate of landing one is too low which is why most skaters won't sacrifice it in competitions.

In order to hit one correctly you have to hit the first jump to near perfection, the slightest bobble on the landing of the first jump and you can say bye bye to the loop jump.

Triple Axels are a different matter entirely and should never be compare to any 3-3 combo.

Of all 3-3 combos (that do not include the axel) anything with a loop as the second jump should trump all other combos. There should be levels of jumps

Level I

Solo Triples

Level II

3-3 with toes

Level III

3-3 with loops

Level IV

Axels, solo Quads

Level V

Axels combo
Quad combo

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think it's pretty safe to say a 3A+3T is harder than a 3Z+3L. There's a reason we don't see many ladies doing 3As, it's point blank much harder than a 3Z. We don't even see a ton of 3A+3T combos from the men (they'll usually tack the -3T or -3L onto an easier triple).

Note in the COP, 3A is 2.5 points higher than a 3Z but a 3L is only 0.8 points more than a 3T.