All Star Survivor! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

All Star Survivor!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I think the most appropriate team won the mouthwash, with Rob M and Amber making out every 20 minutes!:laugh: Talk about get a room! How unbeleivably romantic to be making out with 2 people laying on either side of you! Such class! Then again, consider the source.

guinevere

Final Flight
I find it interesting that, with all of the All-Stars who made big mistakes in their own edition seeming to have learned well for this one (i.e. Jerri keeping her mouth/temper under control, Rob M doing work instead of being lazy), Rob C seems to have come into All-Stars with a worse strategy than the won he used before. I mean, he was at a real disadvantage because his Amazon strategy couldn't have worked again, since everyone knows what a wheeler-dealer he is, and with the smaller tribes he didn't have as many people to work with (and we are only shown a small portion of what really happened), but he never seemed to get a good bead on his own tribe, from Day 1. He was always rubbing someone the wrong way, either through his jokes, his perceived laziness, or his lack of sense (in finding the key). And he was clearly blindsided at Tribal Council - because he chose to trust the RobFather?!? All I could think was: The best strategic player ever just played the worst game of Survivor ever.

Of course, what I really don't get is why no one (including Rob C!!) is thinking that they need to break up Rob M & Amber immediately. Hello!!! They are practically having sex right next to everyone at night - they obviously have an alliance and it's in everyone's interest to break it up now. Aside from the politics, they're just being gross.

guinevere

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
guinevere said:

Of course, what I really don't get is why no one (including Rob C!!) is thinking that they need to break up Rob M & Amber immediately. Hello!!! They are practically having sex right next to everyone at night - they obviously have an alliance and it's in everyone's interest to break it up now. Aside from the politics, they're just being gross.

guinevere

Thank you!! I completely agree!! This is something else I was thinking last night; they've got a little axis going on there that is best to be removed ASAP before it comes to back to bite everyone else in the butt! Of course, they may be thinking that Rob & Amber are just playing each other, and that may not be an incorrect assumption.

Kasey

Medalist
I agree with those who say that Jenna shouldn't have been there to begin with. Maybe her mom really did want it for her, but if it were me, and my mom, I wouldn't have gone to the next state, let alone to another country. I'm glad that she was able to be there before her mom died, but I wouldn't have ever gone.

I'm not sure what Rupert was thinking with the shelter (aka "Swimming pool" after the rain!). I love Rupert, but that was a really stupid idea.

This week, I LOVED the immunity challenge! Big Tom getting thumped left and right, and Lex's crouch stance with Richard trying to guide him was TOOOO funny! My mom and I were hysterical watching that! And Yay Saboga, finally!! :)

Rob C maybe was annoying...but so is SUE! And I bet that Rob had a LITTLE more physical strength than she does....I would have thrown the votes her way.

Rob M and Amber, holy cow! Yeah, get a dang room!

It's interesting.....

Kasey

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This week, I LOVED the immunity challenge! Big Tom getting thumped left and right, and Lex's crouch stance with Richard trying to guide him was TOOOO funny! My mom and I were hysterical watching that!
Kasey, I was in stitches too. I got more of a kick out of Lex and then when Richard yells at him to just stand up straight, I was practically hysterical.

Should be interesting to see what happens this week.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What Gives???

I saw a preview on TV and Jeff says that whatever tribe looses the challenge will no longer be? Now I take that as the tribe will be ousted, not the members. Any other guess as to what it means.

Dee

Kasey

Medalist
Aloha naked dude!!! :) It was TOTALLY disgusting, him rubbing his naked self against Sue! (Although I can't stand her either).

Kasey

guinevere

Final Flight
Y'know, I'm not really a Sue fan, but I agreed with her totally on two counts tonight: first, I have never thought Big Tom was particularly amusing, and all through Africa his sexual innuendo jokes creeped me out. Second, Rich totally crossed a line - I am surprised that Jeff didn't come down harder on him after the challenge or even mention it in TC (at least not that we could see). I have to wonder if Rich's exploits had any affect on Kathy's (and thus the other women's) vote?

OTOH, what was up with the "graphic scene" notices? Honestly, I didn't even catch what happened on the beam the first time, other than an interaction between Sue and a heavily pixelated Rich (and they had been verbally bantering already). I was really confused about the warnings to keep children and small animals away from the television, lest they explode, since we'd already seen a lot of Rich in every episode. Why now? I heard Sue complain about "what Rich did" as Chapera was leaving and wondered what I missed, but it wasn't until I saw the preview for next week that I knew I had missed something significant. Fortunately I wasn't home at 8 and had taped it. When I went back and watched the challenge again I had to really pay attention to see what was going on. I think they deliberately aired a camera angle where you couldn't really see what happened too well. At the very least, Jeff should have eliminated Rich from the challenge at that point.

guinevere

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
guinevere said:

OTOH, what was up with the "graphic scene" notices? Honestly, I didn't even catch what happened on the beam the first time, other than an interaction between Sue and a heavily pixelated Rich (and they had been verbally bantering already). I was really confused about the warnings to keep children and small animals away from the television, lest they explode, since we'd already seen a lot of Rich in every episode. Why now?
guinevere

Simple math: CBS+Superbowl+Janet Jackson's booby = covering their butts.

Nudity in and of itself is not the real issue I suspect. It's not so much that Janet Jackson's boob was exposed, it's that it was exposed through an action deemed to be sexually-charged.

Likewise, Hatch has been dropping trou since Episode 1, but last night he made it more sexual.

I'm :rolleye: over all the hoopla, but that's my guess as to why the dire warning was added. I don't think we would have seen the warning if the Superbowl thing hadn't happened and the FCC weren't breathing down networks necks right now.

Last edited:
I think you're right Skate Sandee, the network was covering their butts.
It wasn't that big a deal to me, but having been at a birthday party of old folks the other night, my eyes were opened to how today's tv shows really bothers them....they all watch TVLand to watch the old, wholesome shows because they are offended of so much of what is on tv these days.
Tho I agree, it was totally out-of-line for Richard to act that way and say what he said to Sue.
I, wonder, tho, if that is what Sue is getting so upset about in the previews for next weeks show....??? From what we saw on last nights episode, Jeff basicly came to Sue's defense by telling Richard "that's enough, no one's interested in that, move on"...Does he, or someone else, bring the incident up next week in a way that upsets Sue or what? Can't wait to see next weeks show to find out what her blow-up is really all about.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to what she's screaming her head off about, too. I'm still a little vague about what exactly happened on that bridge even after rewinding it twice. But if he rubbed up against me like that I would not rest until I had thoroughly boiled myself a few times. Eeeeuuuuww!!

When Hatch & Co. (still can't keep track as to which tribe is named what) showed up with that raft, I honestly thought Jeff was going to say, "Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me", but hey -- it worked!!

mike79

On the Ice
Sue better not try to portray herself as innocent in this matter. She's the one who saw Rich coming and waited for him to get there, all the while taunting him to come that way. On the Early Show this morning he said that he took off his shorts midway through the challenge because his tribemates told him to.

Even though it's not surprising, it's too bad to see Rich go. He was entertaining, and easily the best player ever.

Rob M continues to be the man this time around. He was a machine in the IC, hurting Ethan, and taking out Colby, all the while running the course faster than anyone.

pick_chick

Rinkside
I agree with mike as Sue did stop and wait for Rich and she saw he was less clothing AGAIN so she should just suck it up and well rich is voted off now and I guess that means no more blurs :(
ha ha but next week looks like some one gets sue all hyped up !

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Simple math: CBS+Superbowl+Janet Jackson's booby = covering their butts.
SkateSandee, I like the way you do math.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wanted all you Survivor fans to know that Richard was my person in the office pool. My $100 just went out the window.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
Sorry, Dee!

On other boards, people have been opining that Sue's freakout next week has nothing to do with Rich, but that something else will happen between her and another player. If Vecepia were here, she'd say "Too much drama!".

That first time that Ethan got tossed and hit the side of his head, he kind of sank down for a second, and I thought he'd been seriously hurt! I hope that pool had padding on it, cause a lot of those guys hit the side pretty hard. I would definitely have been intimidated to participate in that challenge. Good for Kathy for thinking strategically, and the look on Rob M's face was priceless - unfortunately, his extra bulk & strength still won out when he used the same tactic. Seeing Rob pick Colby up by the legs and toss him was pretty amazing though - I wonder if Rob wrestled in high school - he seemed to have a wrestler's understanding of how to get people off their legs.

guinevere

Seonaid920

On the Ice
The spoilers were wrong!

I was really hoping they would vote out Colby last night because he is getting a little to big for his britches!

I love Rob Mariano, he really is funny and I liked when the picked up little Colby and threw him into the water pit.

Poor Ethan really hit his head hard.

Next week looks good. There was a rumor that Jerri got "touched" by Richard Hatch and then left the show angry. IT was Sue who ended up getting touched in a skeevy way but I can't imagine she would leave the show because of that.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
for some reason i'm wagering that rob mariano is looking a little 'too good' physically to stick around till the end, lol. he has a big ego thinking he's the leader of his tribe and putting down the other guys....:laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Saw another preview of tomorrow's show and Sue is all bent out of shape and yelling at Jeff. I hope she is not all upset over the Richard thing (pardon the pun:laugh: :laugh: ) As far as I am concerned she asked for whatever she got. In the preview she says she was humiliated......whatever happened must have been pretty bad. She needs a muzzle!!

Do you think she's talking about the Richard thing???

Dee