Japan Open | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am amazed by Shizuka's performance. She improved so much in her artistry since the Olympics. She is so much more emotional and has all the subtle nuances. She now breathe in and out deeply during her performance. Very beautiful.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I am amazed by Shizuka's performance. She improved so much in her artistry since the Olympics. She is so much more emotional and has all the subtle nuances. She now breathe in and out deeply during her performance. Very beautiful.

Am I the only one who's not impressed by Shizuka's performance? The music cut was horrible, and everything was rather bland. She's skating rather 'heavily' and has lost all the fluidity & flow. Again, comparing her skating to Mao/Nakano etc, you can tell the huge difference between an 'amateur skater' who has to train 6 hrs a day and a so-called 'professiona skater' who barely trains at all.

The only thing that impressed me is her improved Bielmen. I always cringe at Shizuka's sit spin though. She has some quite ugly hunched back (the same as Xue Shen's) while getting down to the sit position.

Eevun

Final Flight
Adrien - This kid is cool!! Did you notice the pause in the air before he began his 2A. Increible! Watch out Brian, Stephane, and Thomas.
:love: Adrian, you make me, us!, begin to believe in Swedish figure skating again! And Kristoffer, who have paved the way for the interest in figure skating in Sweden! World, here we come! I just hope that Adrian's back will remain well... But the boy seriously need to do something about his PCs. 3rd of the men in JO thanks to his tecnical points but the PCs was the lowest. Show emotions!, just some kind of emotions!
I really really hope the future lies ahead of him.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Am I the only one who's not impressed by Shizuka's performance? The music cut was horrible, and everything was rather bland. She's skating rather 'heavily' and has lost all the fluidity & flow. Again, comparing her skating to Mao/Nakano etc, you can tell the huge difference between an 'amateur skater' who has to train 6 hrs a day and a so-called 'professiona skater' who barely trains at all.

The only thing that impressed me is her improved Bielmen. I always cringe at Shizuka's sit spin though. She has some quite ugly hunched back (the same as Xue Shen's) while getting down to the sit position.

I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly was not comparing her to Mao or Nakano. Shiz was skating an exhibition piece not a competitive piece like the other ladies, so for me there was no comparison. imo She skated a beautiful program.

Bennett

Record Breaker
It was a rare occasion for me to see Mao tired and kind of slow during the performance. Japan Open is not my favorite event because skaters are so exhausted after the busy season. I feel sorry for them and worried that they might get injured. But her 3A was even better than the one at 4CC. That was good. I also appreciate her trying Sal. It's interesting she is so good at loop but not so much at Sal despite her superb edges quality.

It was really cute when Daisuke and Takashi bowed to Mao and Yukari:laugh:

I hope that Dai gets enough rest both physically and mentally.

Lambiel was so cute in his newer shaved hairstyle. Although it didn't go well with his costume at all :laugh:, I would love to see him in a T-shirt and jeans with that hairstyle. He is so cute.

Oh, Kimmie's, Yukari's and Mirai's videos are gone :frown:
When I clicked on Kimmie's link this morning this is the message I got:

: This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Association of Copyright for Computer Software

I'm not sure what that means. Are they planning to make and sell skating soft ware?

Joe

I'm not sure what that means. Are they planning to make and sell skating soft ware?
The ACCS is a Japanese watch dog organization that protects its clients' copyrighted material on the Internet. Here is their web site.

http://www2.accsjp.or.jp/en/index.html#kaiinsu

Evidently the Japanese Figure Skating Federation, or the Japanese television network that bought the rights to televise the show, is one of their clients. I see that the organization is sanctioned by the Japanese ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
FierceMao said:
Am I the only one who's not impressed by Shizuka's performance?
Um, yeah, pretty much. At least going by the posts on this thread so far. :)

ChrisH

On the Ice
According to the protocols, Nakano did two 3Ts and got positive GoE on them. She didn't do a 3Lo. I think that she didn't do triple-triple combos this past season because her 3T and 3Lo were not her strongest jumps. Perhaps she's now focusing on her 3T so that she can rotate and add a 3F+3T to her programs.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am a bit worried that Mao URs her 3F-3L more often than not at least in competitions. I hope that her future coaches would be able to help her address it.