Skating roles for ice movie/production in your dreams | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skating roles for ice movie/production in your dreams

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ohhh you have no idea how much you just made my day by picking that song out of all of them! That was my grand mother's all time favorite song, huge family favorite, so happy to see others appreciate it. Though one issue with it is that you can find music boxes with that song. . . you just have to be very careful that it is not Barbra Streisand's "Memories" instead of "Memory" we actually asked for Memory to be played at her funeral and at that last minute I remembered to make sure it was not the Streisand song. . . sure enough that was what the planner thought.

Anyway thanks for the trip down memory lane (heh).

I think the Shibs should do Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer a couple of sibling cats that are headaches for owners. I think it would be great fun for them.

Mr Mistoffelees is the kitty character that often gets in trouble for dancing to suggestively with audience members. Max Aaron or Javi would be great for this one.

Or is it Rum Tum Tugger that does that. . . but anyway this one would work for the same skaters very well.

One song you might want to check out is Jellicle which makes no sense as a name even after watching the show, and would have no reason to watch randomly, but it is sorta the main theme (or opening theme) of it and would work well on ice. It would work well for Hanyu I think, but I think Hanyu would just make a good dancing kitty no matter what.

And and yes, Anna has actually done a CATS! exhibition.

Wow, I go away from this forum for about 1 1/2 hours for my religious studies class and people like my idea! :D

Mr. Mistoffelees is a magician. Rum Tum Tugger is the one who's "sexual" and somewhat flameboyant.

YAAAASSSSS The ShibSibs would be great as Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer.

I kinda have an idea on who should play Rum Tum Tugger, but I don't want to sound offensive.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I kinda have an idea on who should play Rum Tum Tugger, but I don't want to sound offensive.

I don't think anyone would be offended at being suggested to play Rum Tum Tugger. . . but I am guessing your idea was Nam by your phrasing. Though I am still perfectly fine with Max or Javi playing the magician or the sexy one.

I think Ashley Wagner doing The Old Gumbie Cat would be too funny. (The Gumbie cat is lazy during the day, but teaches mice to be proper at night, sorta like Ashley and sonograms)

I just want to figure out who for Alexa and Chris, she is another cat lover. I think they could actually also do Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer but I think that is better for the Shibs.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think anyone would be offended at being suggested to play Rum Tum Tugger. . . but I am guessing your idea was Nam by your phrasing. Though I am still perfectly fine with Max or Javi playing the magician or the sexy one.

I think Ashley Wagner doing The Old Gumbie Cat would be too funny. (The Gumbie cat is lazy during the day, but teaches mice to be proper at night, sorta like Ashley and sonograms)

I just want to figure out who for Alexa and Chris, she is another cat lover. I think they could actually also do Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer but I think that is better for the Shibs.

Nope. Nam is not the one....I was actually thinking Misha Ge. Hehehehe.... :eek::

For Victoria, someone who's very flexible and controlled and slightly balleic. I was thinking Yulia because her back is really flexible.

Macavity.....the criminal and mystery cat.....boy. Someone with a sneaky and who could play a villain should play him.

Oh dear I was thinking of Plushy for Old Deuteronomy. I know he's not old-old...but still....

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alexa and Chris could play Tantomile and Coricopat respectively. They're minor characters (I'm looking from the characters from the movie version at it) but they're another set of twins.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Nope. Nam is not the one....I was actually thinking Misha Ge. Hehehehe.... :eek::

For Victoria, someone who's very flexible and controlled and slightly balleic. I was thinking Yulia because her back is really flexible.

Macavity.....the criminal and mystery cat.....boy. Someone with a sneaky and who could play a villain should play him.

Oh dear I was thinking of Plushy for Old Deuteronomy. I know he's not old-old...but still....

Ohh Misha would be great at that! Also like the idea of him doing Macavity, I think he could do that with a lot of fun! Micha is a sweetheart, but I think he could totally pull off villain and have fun with it. I kinda thought you meant someone underage by your wording, and Nam likes to be spicy. I could see Nam saying "I want to be that cat!"

Plush as old Deuteronomy is perfect. Julia could play just about anyone - I don't actually remember Victoria specifically that well.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ohh Misha would be great at that! Also like the idea of him doing Macavity, I think he could do that with a lot of fun! Micha is a sweetheart, but I think he could totally pull off villain and have fun with it. I kinda thought you meant someone underage by your wording, and Nam likes to be spicy. I could see Nam saying "I want to be that cat!"

Plush as old Deuteronomy is perfect. Julia could play just about anyone - I don't actually remember Victoria specifically that well.

Good. I thought "Plushy is considered old in skating though he still loves doing it and Old Deuteronomy is the patriarch and a number of skaters look up to him. Perfect match!"

NOOOOOOOO. I was never thinking of anyone underage to play Rum Tum Tugger. I thought of doing Misha as Rum Tum Tugger cause he's kinda flashy and flamboyant. And Misha's outfits are totally stylish. So I thought of that Misha would do good. I was worrying of your reaction if Misha was going to play a character that's "sexual."

Macavity could be played by...ugh......Idk....

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Good. I thought "Plushy is considered old in skating though he still loves doing it and Old Deuteronomy is the patriarch and a number of skaters look up to him. Perfect match!"

NOOOOOOOO. I was never thinking of anyone underage to play Rum Tum Tugger. I thought of doing Misha as Rum Tum Tugger cause he's kinda flashy and flamboyant. And Misha's outfits are totally stylish. So I thought of that Misha would do good. I was worrying of your reaction if Misha was going to play a character that's "sexual."

Macavity could be played by...ugh......Idk....

I have a pretty high tolerance for sexual so long as the person portraying it is comfortable with it. Misha can be as sexual as he wants, though I still like the idea of him being the villain, i mean the only more ironic villain would be Jason Brown, and I can't see that. And actually sometimes the Rum Tum Tugger cat would interact with a kid in a non-sexual manner with the audience, so there is precedent for a less blatantly sexual version of him that is more playful. It is all in the portrayal.

How about Voronov for the villain? I think he could pull it off and enjoy it.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a pretty high tolerance for sexual so long as the person portraying it is comfortable with it. Misha can be as sexual as he wants, though I still like the idea of him being the villain, i mean the only more ironic villain would be Jason Brown, and I can't see that. And actually sometimes the Rum Tum Tugger cat would interact with a kid in a non-sexual manner with the audience, so there is precedent for a less blatantly sexual version of him that is more playful. It is all in the portrayal.

How about Voronov for the villain? I think he could pull it off and enjoy it.

OMG!!!!! YES!!! Now that you mention it, Voronov looks like he could play Macavity.

Jason might play Mr. Mistofelees. The character description stated for that cat is "A young black tom (with some white) who has magical powers which he doesn't fully control. His signature dance move is "The Conjuring Turn", twenty-four fouettés en tournant."

You're right. As long as they're comfortable. I mean Rum Tum Tugger is not SUPER sexualized, but I kinda matched him with Misha.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who would play Grizabella? I was kinda thinking Carolina Kostner, Yuna Kim, or Mao Asada....

Shimbleshacks.....hmmmmm

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Who would play Grizabella? I was kinda thinking Carolina Kostner, Yuna Kim, or Mao Asada....

Shimbleshacks.....hmmmmm

Meoima already suggested Anna for Memory. I think she could do it. Kiira Korpi could be another good option actually.

I sorta don't pay as much attention to some of sadder characters in that show. . .as there really are a lot of sadness in that show. I want all the kitties to have a happy ending, not just one of them! I mean who plays Gus? Maybe Jeremy Abbott? But Now I am sad thinking of old kitties. . . must go snuggle mine.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Sneaky and villainous? Sounds like Kovtun to me!

I was really vacillating on Kovtun vs Voronov. I figured a few people would be happy with him as the villain, but I think Veronov would have more fun with it, and the scruff just works for villains.

After listing to Shimleshanks, the stray that keeps people company on the train cars just looking for attention from person to person, that could work for Jason, just being happy and looking for laps and attention.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YEEEE! I got another idea for a character for CATS! Javi should be the Great Rumpus Cat because that cat is a superhero and Javi does like "Super Javi" characters in exhibitions.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I came up with a partial cast list to CATS with the characters from the movie version of it.

Care to see?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coricopat: Chris Knierim
Grizabella: Yuna Kim/Mao Asada/Karolina Kostner
Gus the Theater Cat: Jeremy Abbott
Jennyanydots/The Old Grumbie Cat: Ashley Wagner
Macavity the Mystery Cat: Sergei Voronov
Mungojerrie: Alex Shibutani
Old Deuteronomy: Evgeni Plushenko
Rumpleteazer: Maia Shibutani
Rum tum Tugger: Misha Ge
The Great Rumpus Cat: Javier Fernandez
Skimbleshanks: Jason Brown
Tantomile: Alexa Scimeca

Some of the ideas for casting were suggestions by others and some were my own ideas.