Stars on Ice 2018 - Canadian Tour | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2018 - Canadian Tour

coucou84

On the Ice
^^ Sorry coucou84, I have no idea what your are talking about. So she kicks a chair and that means they are a couple... I don't understand the significance here. :scratch2:

Hahaha this is exactly what I meant by the atmosphere of the forum is totally from the fandom in other places (mainly twitter). The.... younger fans tend to want to grasp onto anything and everything they can, from the look on her face to the way they interact/touch each other, trying to come up with a concrete answer. This happens a lot on twitter, because of the younger people (usually kids) that use it and want to ship every couple lol

coucou84

On the Ice
well.. honestly.... some cultures/people kiss more than others.....i found Vancouverites to be very cold... hugging was in fashion but very far away hugs...with the tap tap on the shoulder..

here, we kiss everyone... even people we have never met... a brother and sister could kiss on the forehead or the cheek like I have seen Andrew and Kaitlyn do... (he kissed her on the forehead don't ask me when and where)...

but you know what, Andrew is mine mine mine ... so you can ship him with Weaver all you want ;) LOL but his heart is mine ;) LOL

this is what i say to shippers... ALL THESE MEN ARE MINE LOL

Hahahaa :rofl: :rofl: I can't disagree with you though! You are correct with the culture thing

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
PS SarahSyndrome. Andrew is especially gorgeous tonight and he is mine.

exactly... that's my take on things too :) dreaming costs nothing and harms nobody ;)

Dang, I’m a little late to rebuttal these outrageous statements. :bang: Something something Newdaughter, blah blah blah, so busy, no time, yadda yadda yadda... But imma do it now anyway:

*buys every last package of Victoria Day fireworks in the entire Hamilton area, fire bombs them in the direction of your residence*

:devil: I love long weekends, don’t you?

Speaking of Newdaughter,: Dammit, I’m so depressed that I missed this tour. :tantrum: For those of you who don’t know me via following the tales of my real life shenanigans that I regularly post about on the forum here, and/or hate my guts and are irritated by my posts: I just had a baby, my due date was on the same weekend as the Hamilton and Toronto shows, so I didn’t think it was wise to buy tickets. Then she was born two weeks early, and it was too late to find any tickets last minute. I’ve been scouring YouTube nonstop for the last two weeks to get my fix, but it’s just not the same. :sad21:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I work tomorrow... so by the time those firecrackers hit my building, I will be out.. and by the time I come back, I will be surrounded by firefighters :devil:

synteis

Medalist
Gotta say that this is so not appropriate as it is a lot of fangirls shipping people (especially knowing the atmosphere of this forum usually). But since you asked....
Two things happened that got the Virtue/Moir and the Weaver/Poje fandoms talking

So the Vancouver show was the last stop of CSOI, as most of us know. And it also happened to be Tessa's birthday. And obviously, after the Olympics, more and more people started shipping these two and people start getting nosey and want them to be together so bad (probably more than they even do lol). So once the intermission is done, the first number right after is Shape Of You and by the Vancouver show, the entire Virtue/Moir fandom was losing their minds at the sight of that cylinder being placed onto the ice. During that number, there is a part where Weaver/Poje do their little spotlight performance and Meagan and Tessa push their respective partners and Eric and Scott end up sitting back on their respective stool for a couple of seconds. In Vancouver, instead of letting Scott sit down, Tessa decided to.... kick the stool, preventing him from sitting down. And of course the fans went crazy...
(Here is the video if you want to see it: https://youtu.be/ho42c2FhqPs?t=48s)

The second instance is much easier to explain. Actually I'll let this tweet do the explaining: https://twitter.com/macmnj6/status/997326377182380033. I haven't seen a video of this floating around though, so it's not 100% confirmed, but it definitely kicked the "are they or are they not" question into high gear. Especially after these pictures that were taken in Hamilton: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2gsrqFJCD/?taken-by=danielleearlphotography (I absolutely adore her pictures)

Thanks for replying :thumbsup: I'm horribly curious so once you brought it up, I needed to know even if it's not really the sort of thing this forum deals with.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I work tomorrow... so by the time those firecrackers hit my building, I will be out.. and by the time I come back, I will be surrounded by firefighters :devil:

Ooh firefighters....I think 4EC is winning this one Sarah. ;) :laugh:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'd say it's not just crazy shippers who are figure skating fans but...well, just about everyone in Canada who's followed Tessa & Scott wants to see them together.

E.g. https://twitter.com/cityburlington/status/997781667266859009

That's a freaking city!

If they do ever tie the knot it will have to be a televised event because the interest will be too damn high.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Do they know Ben Mulroney? I hear he has some twins who are available for those who need to augment their wedding parties.

Haleth

On the Ice
I was at one of the stops and the second half is definitely stronger than the first, especially with Shape of You and Moulin Rouge (definite fan favorites of this year) (and Fields of Gold and You Will Be Found), but apparently the second half of the Vancouver show was even crazier and got some fandoms talking online..... talking a lot.

Unfortunately my friend became very ill on the flight back home and ended up in an ER after they landed. Happily now recuperating at home, but I haven't spoken to her directly since. However I can share that she didn't say anything about shippy moments in our convo before she left Vancouver. The upset she noticed in the Vancouver performance was a rude trio of teens who chose the moment of silence in Javi's 2nd program to say WOOOOOOOWWWW in a loud monotone. She was furious; it ruined the mood of the last minute of a quiet program she had been deeply into.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well that kind of stuff happens... or people with a cell phone etc...

do not let anything ever ruin a performance for you...

i have performed with the sound of a sledgehammer piercing concrete next to the hall... and during the first minute of it... i was having a hard time to focus... and then... could only hear the music.. until a baby cried.... and i thought the baby was taken out right away from the hall...after the show, i was told that the sledgehammer had been running for the entire hour of the show, and that the baby cried for a full minute or two...

this is the power of focus... you can choose to listen to the 3 teens being stupid, or focus on the performance.

i hope your friend gets better soon.

synteis

Medalist
I'd say it's not just crazy shippers who are figure skating fans but...well, just about everyone in Canada who's followed Tessa & Scott wants to see them together.

E.g. https://twitter.com/cityburlington/status/997781667266859009

That's a freaking city!

If they do ever tie the knot it will have to be a televised event because the interest will be too damn high.

Oh my gosh, that's crazy. You are 110% right, if they ever got married, Canada would go crazy and would definitely want it to be televised though ofc they would have no obligation to do so unlike the royal family.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Well, looks like someone needs to be hosed down here! I've called ahead and told the Montreal Fire Chief, or the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal, to send only their finest, which of course is the all female firefighting team. :agree:

This will likely cool things off for you, my 4ever friend, and good luck with those fireworks.

Kypma

Final Flight
So once the intermission is done, the first number right after is Shape Of You and by the Vancouver show, the entire Virtue/Moir fandom was losing their minds at the sight of that cylinder being placed onto the ice. During that number, there is a part where Weaver/Poje do their little spotlight performance and Meagan and Tessa push their respective partners and Eric and Scott end up sitting back on their respective stool for a couple of seconds. In Vancouver, instead of letting Scott sit down, Tessa decided to.... kick the stool, preventing him from sitting down. And of course the fans went crazy...
(Here is the video if you want to see it: https://youtu.be/ho42c2FhqPs?t=48s)

To be fair, (I may be misremembering), isn't the last stop of the (Canadian) tour known for pranks? I thought I'd read something years ago about how they all have fun during the last show, sort of like the culmination of their cross-country party.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Dang, I’m a little late to rebuttal these outrageous statements. :bang: Something something Newdaughter, blah blah blah, so busy, no time, yadda yadda yadda... But imma do it now anyway:

*buys every last package of Victoria Day fireworks in the entire Hamilton area, fire bombs them in the direction of your residence*

:devil: I love long weekends, don’t you?

Speaking of Newdaughter,: Dammit, I’m so depressed that I missed this tour. :tantrum: For those of you who don’t know me via following the tales of my real life shenanigans that I regularly post about on the forum here, and/or hate my guts and are irritated by my posts: I just had a baby, my due date was on the same weekend as the Hamilton and Toronto shows, so I didn’t think it was wise to buy tickets. Then she was born two weeks early, and it was too late to find any tickets last minute. I’ve been scouring YouTube nonstop for the last two weeks to get my fix, but it’s just not the same. :sad21:

Oh dear. We had one extra ticket, 2nd row, centre ice in TO. We didn't know until we were there that our friend got caught in the wind storm and didn't make it or I would have offered you the ticket. Congrats on your baby. And I do feel the need to add that Andrew is mine in TO! But I am a kind person and I do share!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
To be fair, (I may be misremembering), isn't the last stop of the (Canadian) tour known for pranks? I thought I'd read something years ago about how they all have fun during the last show, sort of like the culmination of their cross-country party.

:agree2: And with the boys that were on the tour this year; there were definitely highjinks. ;):laugh2:

coucou84

On the Ice
Thanks for replying :thumbsup: I'm horribly curious so once you brought it up, I needed to know even if it's not really the sort of thing this forum deals with.

Haha no problem! I knew that with the way this forum usually is, this is the kind of gossip that seems really childish lol but I guess I put it upon myself when I replied the first time...

coucou84

On the Ice
Unfortunately my friend became very ill on the flight back home and ended up in an ER after they landed. Happily now recuperating at home, but I haven't spoken to her directly since. However I can share that she didn't say anything about shippy moments in our convo before she left Vancouver. The upset she noticed in the Vancouver performance was a rude trio of teens who chose the moment of silence in Javi's 2nd program to say WOOOOOOOWWWW in a loud monotone. She was furious; it ruined the mood of the last minute of a quiet program she had been deeply into.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Glad she's recuperating now, my thoughts are with her.

In one of the stops someone screamed "GET MARRIED" right before Tessa and Scott's Moulin Rouge performance..... Incredibly inappropriate in my opinion.... but I guess this is what you have to expect when you know that there will be teens.... (I'm not saying that all teens are like that, just some are and it only takes a couple to ruin a moment like this)

coucou84

On the Ice

Ooh you might be right? I haven't heard of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was lol. They are probably exhausted by that point too (well.... some of them do have 3 shows in a row in Korea 2 days after the last SOI stop lol)