Stars on Ice 2018 - Canadian Tour | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2018 - Canadian Tour

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Toronto Show Review

What a beautiful report, synteis! I had to miss SOI Halifax due to a family end of life illness, but have lived and relived these moments vicariously, through yours, Colonel Green and 4everchan's Reports. I did look at flying to TO this week, but the event was already a sell out. Thank you for taking the time and so eloquently giving those unable to attend, such a thorough, honest and respectful review!

We are so blessed to have Posters on here like you and others mentioned. Again, A BIG THANKS, from me!

O4G

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What a beautiful report, synteis! I had to miss SOI Halifax due to a family end of life illness, but have lived and relived these moments vicariously, through yours, Colonel Green and 4everchan's Reports. I did look at flying to TO this week, but the event was already a sell out. Thank you for taking the time and so eloquently giving those unable to attend, such a thorough, honest and respectful review!

We are so blessed to have Posters on here like you and others mentioned. Again, A BIG THANKS, from me!

O4G

I am so sorry to hear that you had to miss the show O4G..... i hope there will be a full broadcast of it... are they giving it in Edmonton???? I can imagine your girl would get quite a welcome home there...

It's been 3 days already that I have been and I am still elated....

- - - Updated - - -

A bit more....
Excellent review synteis. Your mom was absolutely right about Elvis; best skating he's done in years! Ditto to all you've said and I would be repeating, I loved that Patrick stopped and spent time with people at the end. As I was leaving I am pretty sure I saw Gabby in a gorgeous red dress for the after-party.
I'm going to be floating on the fumes of this for quite some time.

so did you enjoy eye candy andrew in white outfit ;) i usually do not like skaters in white.. but our crew was very attractive in that number ;)

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I am so sorry to hear that you had to miss the show O4G..... i hope there will be a full broadcast of it... are they giving it in Edmonton???? I can imagine your girl would get quite a welcome home there...

It's been 3 days already that I have been and I am still elated....

- - - Updated - - -

so did you enjoy eye candy andrew in white outfit ;) i usually do not like skaters in white.. but our crew was very attractive in that number ;)
Andrew could come out in a paper bag and I'd be happy! But then he'd be covered in drool so....

fishing

Rinkside
I was also at the show in Toronto last night and enjoyed it very much. A real celebration and homecoming of a great team! I found it very exciting that the sold-out audience was made up of young couples and families not just older female spectators like myself. I hope that these many fans will also support the upcoming talent in these next four years as I witnessed Gaby Daleman waiting by the doors at security for her friends to arrive and no one recognized her. Hundreds of people passed her on their way in and didn't recognize the two time - and current- ladies national champion. Hopefully the thousands who saw last nights wonderful event will continue to support the sport in the 'growing years' ahead.

synteis

Medalist
A bit more....
Excellent review synteis. Your mom was absolutely right about Elvis; best skating he's done in years! Ditto to all you've said and I would be repeating, I loved that Patrick stopped and spent time with people at the end. As I was leaving I am pretty sure I saw Gabby in a gorgeous red dress for the after-party.
I'm going to be floating on the fumes of this for quite some time.

O4G

I'm glad you both enjoyed my review and I'm sorry that you didn't get to see SOI this year O4G but I'm glad my review helped you do a bit of vicarious living.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
We had excellent seats for the Toronto show last night and got to go to the meet and greet as well. Definitely a show well-worth the ridiculous security wait (we got in late and missed half of the first number).

I really loved Gabby Daleman's skate to Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing" and my skater loved Duhamel and Radford's last performance of the evening.

This was an incredibly high energy performance with so many crowd-pleasing moments. With this quality of show I'm sure they will continue to sell out - I missed the flyers with the information on booking for next year, but I think I might see if I can find info on the website. There is NOTHING that compares to seeing quality skating close-up, so I want to get good seats again for next year!

SmallAminal

On the Ice
Toronto Show Review

Scattered around the ACC were these "book SOI 2019" promo papers. Before the show my mom discarded the one on her chair. At intermission she picked it up off the ground and said we should book for next year it had been so good and make it a yearly thing.

synteis do you have any info on how to re-book? At the official SOI webpage the link takes me to "this event has already happened" page, rather than info on re-booking. I did not see the flyers and wish I had because my skater really enjoys it and the show is right around B-Day time!

synteis

Medalist
synteis do you have any info on how to re-book? At the official SOI webpage the link takes me to "this event has already happened" page, rather than info on re-booking. I did not see the flyers and wish I had because my skater really enjoys it and the show is right around B-Day time!

Basically it was a mail in thing, very old fashioned where you filled in a a piece of paper and a credit order and then selected whether you wanted ringside tickets (~$178) or best in house seats (~90) and then you were prebooked :/ But I can have her scan the form over if you want to try that? I suspect some of the other folks might have more info about booking SOI in advance.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
Basically it was a mail in thing, very old fashioned where you filled in a a piece of paper and a credit order and then selected whether you wanted ringside tickets (~$178) or best in house seats (~90) and then you were prebooked :/ But I can have her scan the form over if you want to try that? I suspect some of the other folks might have more info about booking SOI in advance.

Ooohh....would she be willing to do that? I can PM you with an email. I think this is becoming a birthday tradition for my skater (as its usually around the B-Day) and we get really good seats as a treat. I think we would go for the rinkside tickets.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With the latest news, maybe Evgenia Medvedeva can be prevailed upon to take Javi’s “token non-Canadian” spot in next year’s tour.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
With the latest news, maybe Evgenia Medvedeva can be prevailed upon to take Javi’s “token non-Canadian” spot in next year’s tour.

i'd prefer they give it to chartrand if they were to get another girl.... but really, i'd prefer piper and paul :)

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
If you or someone you know goes to see any of the remaining shows, a humble request (please!) - a clip of Javier Fernández's second solo to the Spanish song Prometo, the last minute or so particularly. I know I am instigating basically a forbidden activity, but cannot wait for possible televised perfomances of it... :laugh::love:

E

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If you or someone you know goes to see any of the remaining shows, a humble request (please!) - a clip of Javier Fernández's second solo to the Spanish song Prometo, the last minute or so particularly. I know I am instigating basically a forbidden activity, but cannot wait for possible televised perfomances of it... :laugh::love:

E

Javi's Prometo was a highlight of the show. I discovered Javi (well i knew him LOL how can you not) at ACI 2017... that's when I really got to see the quality of his skating... i think i was stuck in my first impressions when he first got to the scene and thought he wasn't as great with edges etc... but seeing him live was a great thing for me : one more skater on my faves list... and Prometo OMG... i wish you get to see it in person... it's so good. Javier was excellent in Montreal and people loved him.

I wonder why it wasn' t leaked yet

:love:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Ach, thanks fir the encouragement 😉 I hope to see it maybe in Madrid in his own show in December - just an almost unbearably long time to wait!

I have found so far 6 clips which cover the entire routine but the last minute or so is only in one which is obscured by the strong spotlights. Desperate for more...

I was very pleased with this choice for a new show program. It is a logical step forwards in a continuum which started with Danny Boy in 2016. More intimate and personal than anything else before...

Edit: Some background from Bev Smith.

Edit 2: Just in case the two (2!) people at the Calgary show who posted excellent and complete video recordings of Prometo on YT are from the forum: THANK YOU!!

Haleth

On the Ice
Hoping I'll get to share a few impressions from a friend who saw the show in Vancouver. For now I'll just say that especially the 2nd half was very strong!

coucou84

On the Ice
Hoping I'll get to share a few impressions from a friend who saw the show in Vancouver. For now I'll just say that especially the 2nd half was very strong!

I was at one of the stops and the second half is definitely stronger than the first, especially with Shape of You and Moulin Rouge (definite fan favorites of this year) (and Fields of Gold and You Will Be Found), but apparently the second half of the Vancouver show was even crazier and got some fandoms talking online..... talking a lot.

synteis

Medalist
I was at one of the stops and the second half is definitely stronger than the first, especially with Shape of You and Moulin Rouge (definite fan favorites of this year) (and Fields of Gold and You Will Be Found), but apparently the second half of the Vancouver show was even crazier and got some fandoms talking online..... talking a lot.

What happened?

coucou84

On the Ice
What happened?

Gotta say that this is so not appropriate as it is a lot of fangirls shipping people (especially knowing the atmosphere of this forum usually). But since you asked....
Two things happened that got the Virtue/Moir and the Weaver/Poje fandoms talking

So the Vancouver show was the last stop of CSOI, as most of us know. And it also happened to be Tessa's birthday. And obviously, after the Olympics, more and more people started shipping these two and people start getting nosey and want them to be together so bad (probably more than they even do lol). So once the intermission is done, the first number right after is Shape Of You and by the Vancouver show, the entire Virtue/Moir fandom was losing their minds at the sight of that cylinder being placed onto the ice. During that number, there is a part where Weaver/Poje do their little spotlight performance and Meagan and Tessa push their respective partners and Eric and Scott end up sitting back on their respective stool for a couple of seconds. In Vancouver, instead of letting Scott sit down, Tessa decided to.... kick the stool, preventing him from sitting down. And of course the fans went crazy...
(Here is the video if you want to see it: https://youtu.be/ho42c2FhqPs?t=48s)

The second instance is much easier to explain. Actually I'll let this tweet do the explaining: https://twitter.com/macmnj6/status/997326377182380033. I haven't seen a video of this floating around though, so it's not 100% confirmed, but it definitely kicked the "are they or are they not" question into high gear. Especially after these pictures that were taken in Hamilton: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2gsrqFJCD/?taken-by=danielleearlphotography (I absolutely adore her pictures)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ Sorry coucou84, I have no idea what your are talking about. So she kicks a chair and that means they are a couple... I don't understand the significance here. :scratch2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well.. honestly.... some cultures/people kiss more than others.....i found Vancouverites to be very cold... hugging was in fashion but very far away hugs...with the tap tap on the shoulder..

here, we kiss everyone... even people we have never met... a brother and sister could kiss on the forehead or the cheek like I have seen Andrew and Kaitlyn do... (he kissed her on the forehead don't ask me when and where)...

but you know what, Andrew is mine mine mine ... so you can ship him with Weaver all you want ;) LOL but his heart is mine ;) LOL

this is what i say to shippers... ALL THESE MEN ARE MINE LOL