U.S. Regional Championships (includes bye info) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

U.S. Regional Championships (includes bye info)

london_calling

On the Ice
Has anyone else watched the short programs of the Junior Men at the Upper Great Lakes Regional? I saw one of the guys, Timothy LeDuc, got a shockingly low total score (3.75!!) and I had to see what happened. In the short program the music starts but he just stands at the board talking to his coaches, moving his skates back and forth. Anyone know the story behind this? There were only three men competing and he was not at sectionals.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I heard that Timothy LeDuc was injured, and since there were were only 3 junior men registered for UGL Regionals, all he had to do, according the the rules, was to stand on the ice in order to qualify for Sectionals. One month later, LeDuc withdrew from Sectionals (Mids), presumably because he had not fully recovered from his injury.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
What does Victor Travis think about it? He withdrew from EGL Regionals and did not qualify for Sectionals. There were only two junior men at EGL Regionals.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
What does Victor Travis think about it?
From what I heard, Travis considered "standing on the ice" at EGL Regionals but ultimately decided that he would not be recovered enough from his injury to be ready to compete at Sectionals (a real shame for him because he is from Cleveland where '09 Nationals will be held). I believe he's hoping to come back next season, so best wishes to him!

iceminx

On the Ice
I don´t think Nina Jiang is better or more promising than Lauren Dinh but her 2A is amazing.

I like them both. Nina has the charisma and speed and is adorable, Lauren has a very artistic and elegant lp. Also a great skater who didn't make nationals this season is Becky Du.
I was surprised who won nationals because i never heard of her...baga?

kate

On the Ice
I was surprised who won nationals because i never heard of her...baga?

I think Kiri placed 5th or so in Juvenile 3 years ago and around the middle of the pack at Intermediate 2 years ago. She won Mids this year though, which was by FAR the strongest sectional (1, 2, 4, 6 in novice).