2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13

apple123

On the Ice
But Mozer has so much flair.:biggrin:

Oh, the irony. V/T and S/K never show real connection to the music, and never draw me into their programs. K/S and the Chinese pairs are even better than them. When I watched K/S's programs or the Chinese programs, I'm moved. I feel the raw emotions. But V/T and S/K failed to do so.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
My issue with S/K is that their layout is exactly the same as last season... same SBS jumps, same lifts, same SBS spin... it's like they think they don't have to up their game with V/T not competing and can be top of the field just like that.

The best thing about this D/R win is that maybe S/K will finally start challenging themselves -- I mean, at least start training a second SBS triple.
I guess it also might be the post-Olympic situation. They do train it, but for now they do hat they do

Irina89

On the Ice
Tell them CanadianSkaterGuy! It is a sport! It is like penalizing Usain Bolt when he won his first Olympic hundred meters and he was rejoicing even before the end of his race. Maybe we can tell him his conduct was not artistic enough!

I hope this is a joke. Comparing athletics with figure skating?

diane044

Rinkside
I usually try not to be this shallow, but Meagan's hair bothers me a lot...it's very distracting! Please get a new style! I definitely prefer S/K, but I think there is room for more athletic pairs and I can certainly appreciate the difficulty level of what they do, so I'm not upset with the podium.

I agree. Can't she get a better haircut?

Lota

Record Breaker
Well didn't Trankov mention that S/K have more tricks up their sleeve? Seems like they're gonna need to pull them out for the second half of the season.

He did say something like that, though right now I can't remember what exactly :scowl:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Well didn't Trankov mention that S/K have more tricks up their sleeve? Seems like they're gonna need to pull them out for the second half of the season.

Yes, he said that about lift for SP, they now have only level 3. And Stolbova said herself that they can do 3T+3T, 3S sbs and stable 4STh.

whatif

Medalist
My issue with S/K is that their layout is exactly the same as last season... same SBS jumps, same lifts, same SBS spin... it's like they think they don't have to up their game with V/T not competing and can be top of the field just like that.

The best thing about this D/R win is that maybe S/K will finally start challenging themselves -- I mean, at least start training a second SBS triple.

To be fair, except for upgrading to quad throw, neither D/R added anything new to their programmes. Besides, don't forget that S/K are still relatively new to senior circuit.

beabstress

On the Ice
I haven't been a big fan of D/R in the past, but they have at last won me over. They'll never be able to do anything about their height difference. There's no romantic connection. Their personal styles are totally different. Does this mean they shouldn't skate together? They WANT to skate together. Their "thing" is pushing the technical envelope, and they're doing that brilliantly. They may not be everybody's cup of tea, but they're putting in the time, putting in the effort, capitalizing on THEIR strengths, and pushing past some fairly big disappointments. Really, what's not to love (or at least admire) in that?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes, he said that about lift for SP, they now have only level 3. And Stolbova said herself that they can do 3T+3T, 3S sbs and stable 4STh.

Then DO them! They say they can do 3T+3T, 3S and 4STh... and the hardest they put out there is 3T+2T+2T, 2A, and 3ZTh.

Barb

Record Breaker
D/R are everything but boring, with so much difficult stuff and their energy they are simply gripping.

apple123

On the Ice
I would like S/K to up their difficulty, and skate out of their comfort zone a bit. Then they will know how much harder to skate clean with difficult elements. I don't think they appreciate what D/R or K/S or the Chinese pairs are doing until they try it themselves.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I hope this is a joke. Comparing athletics with figure skating?

No it's not! They are both sports with figure skating having the same training intensity as track (if not more)! Maybe they should include a PC score named artistry to make it clear enough. Somebody complained about her facial expressions! Now I am off to enjoy the drama of the women FS!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
To be fair, except for upgrading to quad throw, neither D/R added anything new to their programmes. Besides, don't forget that S/K are still relatively new to senior circuit.

Yes, besides they didn't have enough time after Olympics.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

This is their 4th season on the senior circuit. They are Olympic silver medalists (and gold in team). This season is when they should have started to upgrade their content.

Sui/Han are also relatively new to the senior circuit (this being their 4th season) and they attempt quads and have also been attempting two SBS triples since last season.

Also "except for upgrading to a quad throw"?! :laugh: Right.. except for upgrading to the hardest element ever performed in pairs, D/R didn't do much.

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
I have seen Stolbova land a beautiful and huge 4Sth live.

But Mozer decides what to include and when.

whatif

Medalist
This is their 4th season on the senior circuit. They are Olympic silver medalists (and gold in team). This season is when they should have started to upgrade their content.

Sui/Han are also relatively new to the senior circuit (this being their 4th season) and they attempt quads and have also been attempting two SBS triples since last season.

Also "except for upgrading to a quad throw"?! :laugh:

I appreciate your passion for S/K but again they do not make decisions. It does not work like that in Russia.