2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Mixed feelings right now. Happy for Peng/Zhang, even happier for Pang/Tong, but can't help feeling a little sad for Sui/Han. They delivered the best mix of difficulty and good execution. A part of me thinks that under 6.0, they could've been gold, rather than off the podium. :slink:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
As expected, a beautiful program and performance from P/T with imperfect jumps. Very happy for their medal.

The Chinese throws are always spectacular - huge and sure.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
No they are friends so it wasn't that. IMO it was just another bad choice in a series of bad choices made by Kirsten. I do not wish her ill and defend absolutely her right to make those choices,but that doesn't mean I can't call them what they objectively seem to be: stupid.

We have a saying for that here in the south: Bless her heart...

rain

Record Breaker
No they are friends so it wasn't that. IMO it was just another bad choice in a series of bad choices made by Kirsten. I do not wish her ill and defend absolutely her right to make those choices,but that doesn't mean I can't call them what they objectively seem to be: stupid.

I'm not ready to totally dismiss M-T/M2 just yet. It's been a rough first season, no doubt about it, but I don't necessarily think it's unsalvagable. There's a HUGE amount of work that needs to be done in the off-season, though — everything from packaging to technical needs an overhaul. Hopefully they have the motivation to do what needs to be done.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Mixed feelings right now. Happy for Peng/Zhang, even happier for Pang/Tong, but can't help feeling a little sad for Sui/Han. They delivered the best mix of difficulty and good execution. A part of me thinks that under 6.0, they could've been gold, rather than off the podium. :slink:

Under 6.0 they would have been held back even more on the Artistic score. This was clearly slated for P/T to be ahead of them... I'm just surprised P/Z managed to stay ahead of P/T, considering their botched SBS jumping passes/fall.

It sucks though.. S/H do just about everything harder than P/T and honestly deserved silver, IMO.

GF2445

Record Breaker
As expected, a beautiful program and performance from P/T with imperfect jumps. Very happy for their medal.

The Chinese throws are always spectacular - huge and sure.

My favourite thing about a chinese pairs throw is that when the lady takes off, the man extends his leg.

peg

Medalist
I honestly can't imagine why you'd turn down the opportunity to skate with a world medalist. Maybe they were a terrible personality match.

Just because someone is good doesn't mean everyone will click with them. I do think he's a stronger partner than Marinaro, but that doesn't mean he's be a good match for Kirsten.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for P/T that I forgot about S/H. I didn't take into consideration they might finished fourth when not making big mistakes...

auser

Record Breaker
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Such a pity they were down in 4th after the SP. They could have won this.

And speaking of beautiful, how does Pang Qing stay so young looking?!

CaroLiza_fan

If you discover she has a secret cream/regimen or whatever, where can I buy it? :agree:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not ready to totally dismiss M-T/M2 just yet. It's been a rough first season, no doubt about it, but I don't necessarily think it's unsalvagable. There's a HUGE amount of work that needs to be done in the off-season, though — everything from packaging to technical needs an overhaul. Hopefully they have the motivation to do what needs to be done.

I do agree it's very foolish to dismiss any team totally after one season, but there are some big big problems there and while some of them could be relatively 'easy' fixes with creativity, determination, and the right attitude, others I think are going to be much tougher. I sincerely do not wish them ill though and do hope they will figure this all out in the best way possible for both of them.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Judges dod the right thing by placing them third. Hope a miracle will happen at worlds.

Agree! This result gives me faith in judging, actually. Despite the lack of SBS triples, their overall quality is so exquisite that they deserve a medal. I'd have had them over Peng and Zhang, actually. That was a PERFORMANCE. and everything they did, they did with such ease, sweeping, flowing lyricism, and passion!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I honestly can't imagine why you'd turn down the opportunity to skate with a world medalist. Maybe they were a terrible personality match.

.... IMO it was just another bad choice in a series of bad choices made by Kirsten. I do not wish her ill and defend absolutely her right to make those choices,but that doesn't mean I can't call them what they objectively seem to be: stupid.

Why are you so sure that Tran was willing to partner with her? I don't remember him ever saying so.

The impression they gave to the public is that it was a mutual decision not to become partners. Not that M-T turned down Tran.

And as tulosai already said, they are friends. A personality clash was not the issue.

Last edited: