2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

tulosai

Record Breaker
There is something very old school romance about Pang and Tong :) I just love them no matter what they do.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I just realized, I've had their Turnadot saved to to my computer since before I even got into figure skating. I didn't realize it was them.

35 years old... un-freaking-believable

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN)

Music: Io Ci Saro by David Foster, Walter Afanasieff

Blue two-tone beaded costumes

1A+2A+SEQ - she singles
2T - she pops, he's forward on 3T
3Tw
3STh
5RLi
3LoTh
BoDs
FCCoSp3p
PCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
3Li

Lovely program, but technically not as strong as current many in the field. He seems pleased

FS: 62.32+70.80 = 133.12, 199.99, 3rd (out of 10)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So beautiful. So glad I got to see these guys at least once live. Such a classy and stylish pair.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lovely performance by P/T!!! Too bad about the SBS jumps, but that should be good enough for silver but the mistakes were costly. At least it was "clean" to watch, and the performance was beautiful to watch. Great throws as always, too. :love:

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Generous TES for a program without a properly completed side-by-side triple. It'll be interesting to see where they wind up. They've always been one of my favourite Chinese pairs, but I think perhaps we've seen some reputation judging here with them.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I just realized, I've had their Turnadot saved to to my computer since before I even got into figure skating. I didn't realize it was them.

35 years old... un-freaking-believable

Do you mean Shen/Zhao? I don't recall Pang/Tong skating to Turandot -- Shen/Zhao did in 2002 and 2003.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lovely performance by P/T!!! Too bad about the SBS jumps, but that should be enough for silver. At least it was "clean" to watch, and the performance was beautiful to watch. Great throws as always, too. :love:

I HIGHLY doubt they will medal at all, but would be happy to be wrong.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My stream is freezing so much that I barely could watch P/T's program, but I hope they can skate this music in shows in the years to come.

pandatours

On the Ice
It looks like Megan teared up at that program though that may just be me projecting

Gorgeous, gorgeous. For their first time competing in like a year they look so amazing. I'm glad Shanghai will be their swan song. Pang's dress is just so stunning. She's so beautiful

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Grr, my stream cut out right before they skated. :cry: But what I saw was sublime. Glad to hear the huge reaction from the crowd, and the respect they so deserve.

peg

Medalist
Jet lag is also massive from Quebec/Ontario to Seoul. Maybe?

Yeah, that's probably affecting the N American teams more than Asian teams. It's one of the reasons many top-level athletes skip 4CC during Olympic years

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Possibility/Probability that she didn't want to leave the Wirtz camp.. and Tran was/is in Montreal & going to school IIRC
Marinaro nice guy but I agree lots of technical issues especially with lifts.. with his last partner at Jr Worlds.. scary

I'm sorry to hear that Marinaro had trouble lifting Purdy. They used to work with the same conditioning coach as Virtue/Moir.
Her name is Maria Mountain, and she is based in London, Ontario. When customizing V/M's workouts, MM always would take into consideration the specific lifts in their programs. She is a force of nature -- seems very smart, very motivated, and very motivating.
I would guess that M-T/Marinaro are not working with MM. She used to tweet shout-outs to P/M when they were competing, but I don't see any from her for M-T/Marinaro.

As for Moore-Towers and Tran, IIRC, I believe they both said that their try-out together was not what they had hoped and that something just did not feel right when they were partnering on ice (even though they are good friends off ice).