YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
+3 GoE needs 6 or more bullets
1)-6) and
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure
I think it's okay to give he +3.

Don’t matter the score too much. Everyone should enjoy this funny event.
Sorry, yes - these days its 6 out 8 bullets for +3 GoE, there's an extra couple of bullets:

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
2) clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
3) varied position in the air / delay in rotation
4) good height and distance
5) good extension on landing / creative exit
6) good flow from entry to exit including jump combinations / sequences
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure

And yes, I agree that he still earned +3 for the 3A... because I'd say he hit 7 out of 8 bullets.

I think one could argue for only 6 out of 8 bullets (still +3 GoE) - but not 5 out of 8 (+2 GoE)
I think judges who only gave +2 GoE were being pretty mean!

ISU Communication 1790

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Practice is practice, competition is competition; today is today; tomorrow is tomorrow. I've come to really believe in that. :)

To shed a little more light on why his lutz combo seems to be problem in the SP, he said that in the Chopin SP, he only has three turns/crosses to speed up enough to get into the combo, and so having to do that on top of matching with the music, he believes he still hasn't master that skill set yet.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think key to super performance today will be quad salchow. If he lands good one he will go with confidence for 4T :biggrin:

ahkeekee

Medalist
I think key to super performance today will be quad salchow. If he lands good one he will go with confidence for 4T :biggrin:

and his lutz? I think I've read that his lutz isn't very consistent today in practice too... Hope he does well today, otherwise, I'm worried that he'll get too worked up and angry with himself!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I like this! :eek:: Mine would probably be:

SP
Worlds > WTT > GPF > Nationals > CoC > NHK

FS
GPF > Worlds > Nationals > NHK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CoC

I agree with this order!! Just for the SP i am actually undecided if i prefer the Worlds or WTT! It's probably the camera angles (that were horrible at worlds) but i thought he was even more passionate at WTT. What do you think?

ahkeekee

Medalist
I agree with this order!! Just for the SP i am actually undecided if i prefer the Worlds or WTT! It's probably the camera angles (that were horrible at worlds) but i thought he was even more passionate at WTT. What do you think?

The camera angles are pretty weird indeed.... Anyone else thought that it was funny that the cameraman decided to focus on his long legs first when the sp music starts??

ahkeekee

Medalist
Team Japan did not disappoinT us!!!! There's really a mask for phantom!!!!
OMG yuzuru!!! Well done!! no falls, But did I see it wrongly that he jumped a 3T instead of a 4T?

the entire team were in Disney theme with yuzu at k&c!

And Japan's in second place!

Last edited:

Terrapin

On the Ice
I don't know why but I had a feeling he would mess up the 4T this time around while I had complete faith in his 4S.

Despite the error I'm so glad he got to finish with a 'clean' performance. :) I'm very proud of him right now !!! :cheer:

foruiz

Final Flight
I will be rewatching that FS when it gets posted!! Congratulations Yuzu! Rest well. Give us good programs next season...

Poice

Final Flight
I'm so happy for him!! That was great skate! I'll miss Yuzu's POTO but at the same time I'm excited for next season! Glad he didn't Zayak!

Spot

On the Ice
Team Japan did not disappoinT us!!!! There's really a mask for phantom!!!!
OMG yuzuru!!! Well done!! no falls, But did I see it wrongly that he jumped a 3T instead of a 4T?

the entire team were in Disney theme with yuzu at k&c!

And Japan's in second place!

That was so, so beautiful!!!

I think you are right about the 3T though.

Gorgeous, intense and clean skate!! Well done, Yuzu:cheer::cheer::cheer: !!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm so glad he went clean! He can finally give this program a proper closure. Now I hope he does fine with the stitches removal and that he can get proper rest and training in the off season! Congrats Yuzu! :cheer:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
oh man I just woke up, such a bad timing :cry: I have to wait for the videos. But I'm glad he did well :cheer2:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Im sorry, im confused. His second 3T was in a combo so why would it be zayaking?

But anyways, awesome job Yuzu!

gsyzf

Medalist
I was too nervous to watch him live. I'm glad to hear that he went clean. He is already repeating 3A and 3Lz, so he cannot repeat 3T. You can only repeat two jumps.