Elena Radionova | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

Barb

Record Breaker
Her hair looks the same for me but yes she looks more mature, I think it is just the age, she cant seem like a kid forever.

Batsuchan

Medalist

Thanks Roman09!

I'm eagerly awaiting news about her programs...but it has been radio silence so far... :cry:

Here are some other recent photos of Lena with a sword! :eek:
http://icemuseum.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_5.jpg
http://icemuseum.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_7693.jpg
Original article is here: http://icemuseum.ru/победная-фотосессия-от-музея-ледяно/)

So she writes with her left hand but sword-fights with her right hand? :shocked:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview: http://www.newizv.ru/sport/2015-09-...ra-po-figurnomu-kataniju-elena-radionova.html

"It turned out the exam - it's not so bad"

In mid-August the junior series of Grand Prix skaters opened big competitive season. A similar adult tournament traditionally starts in late October, and while the leaders of the Russian team prepared to present their new program on the control box office, which will be held in Sochi on September 12-13. About how was your summer, and plans for the season, "Novye Izvestiya" said one of our best odinochnits, bronze medalist of the World Elena radio news.

- Lena, and you at what stages Grand Prix will compete?
- In Moscow and China. I had never dropped out these stages, so expect them to look. Especially home tournament. I have never taken part in such major international competitions in Russia. For me it is a new experience, but somehow it seems that in native walls will be easier to ride.

- The first full season was an adult you have a success, but demanded too much force. How to rest in the summer? - Great! I was in America and in France. Usually we let in two - two and a half weeks, here I had three weeks of good rest! It turns out this is the best option. And then just start to be drawn, and already it's time to leave. Now I have time. Swimming, sunbathing, went on tour ... I liked the Minnesota state of a thousand lakes. It just kind of unreal beauty. From France, too, has taken away a lot of impressions. It was in Nice, traveled to many medieval castles ... I do like more active, I can not for a long time just lying on the beach, I absolutely have to do something.

- But there were also the exams at school? - Yes, finished 9 th grade. Very worried, because the school had not been, I'm homeschooled. And different had heard terrible stories about the exam, the OGE. But it turned out not so bad. It's like a roller coaster ride. These are the sensations. It seems scary, but once - and everything went fine.

- Now all the thoughts in the new season, but if you remember the past ... - The most difficult part was the World Cup. Kata I was there with the temperature. The terrible condition, but I can praise for the fact that did not give up. Generally speaking for me in Shanghai have become an excellent lesson. I realized that we should not give up under any circumstances. Although so far I have no-no slips: Ah, if not ill ... But I won the championship of Russia. To be the best in our country at such a competition - it's worth it. Minuses, I also, of course, I know, we discussed in detail their coach. But in general the season was good. I have not had the start, no matter where I fell into the top three. And the first place to get more than the second and third.

- Somehow, it seems that you maximalist by nature. - Yes. I think that if doing something, you do it perfectly or do not do.

- And if you can not at the maximum? Gnaws itself? - Of course, it's not easy. But every start is required to teach anything. You analyze it, and then try to correct during training ... No, some depression because of the failures I do not have. Just starting to work more. As they say - on the work and the reward.

- Watching your ability to do so at ease on the ice, so sincere smile while rolling, it seems that in life you are as open and cheerful person? - It's true. I rarely am sad. Why give people negative? Therefore, on the ice I am absolutely sincere emotions, all done from the heart.

- It is not easy, perhaps, to the great sport with such a character? - But it is different things. Weakness of character in sport there is, and I am no exception. Just people behave differently. I get their way, but not to someone across the stand. For me the important common human qualities.

- And the strongest its quality will be able to call it?- I never do not envy anyone. Just I know that if I want - I will achieve this too.

- Not afraid of the coming period of growing up, which is a lot given very heavy skater? - I have a coach who knows how to deal with it. Now back from vacation, and I do not say, Len, you have legs twice as long as steel. But I do not feel any discomfort.

- Questions about the triple Axel, who performed last season Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, too, can not be avoided ...- Do me this jump? It's hard to say ... Lisa, of course, well done! But I do not think I need to do something just because others do. Let's see. You can in fact, and something else to look for pros. I know what direction I need to move. Add, for example, sliding velocity, in the height of jumps, so much more in it. We figure skating still art, you might say.

- New season - always new plans, new hopes, but they do not relate only to the sport? - Oh, here I have a whole list. I teach English, I want to add, and French. In the theater I would like to get out more often. Well, going to school is one of the first places. Russian, mathematics, and now has added biology. I want a year to pass the final exams, the curriculum has to go ahead. In general, I have a dream to play in a movie. When I watch movies, they feel very badly if I may say so. I think that I have got to show the character of the other person to express his emotions. Then it's just fun! But the movie will probably be after sports.

Last edited:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Beautiful! I always loved her Whitney Houston exhibition...the whole rolling on the ice thing is great

Imagine

Medalist
Is it just me or has she become really tall all of sudden? I mean, even just in comparison to her performances in Korea not so long ago...