Jason Brown | Page 250 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess I'm just a little sensitive this week. Sorry. :sad41:

Every cloud has a silver lining. Perhaps some great good will come out of this. :yes:

And perhaps in more ways than one. ;)

True. Someone who I follow on Twitter that's a Jason uber as well replied to Jason's tweet saying that at least he'll be able to spend Thanksgiving at home. I guess that is a good thing.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear about Jason's injury and withdrawal from NHK. Wishing Jason a quick and full recovery.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So can someone help me make sense out of the latest adorable drawing from Japan of Jason.

https://twitter.com/yoooonk_24H/status/669512140638711809

I get that Jason is the angel, but who is the devil? Google translate said Diet Georgia so that is no help.

Is that a Devil Hanyu? Max? whoever it is it is cute...

The thing is... no one is skating really seems to count as a "bad boy" I i find the idea of Max or Hanyu being the skating bad boy... well rather tame.

adelia

Record Breaker
So can someone help me make sense out of the latest adorable drawing from Japan of Jason.

https://twitter.com/yoooonk_24H/status/669512140638711809

I get that Jason is the angel, but who is the devil? Google translate said Diet Georgia so that is no help.

Is that a Devil Hanyu? Max? whoever it is it is cute...

The thing is... no one is skating really seems to count as a "bad boy" I i find the idea of Max or Hanyu being the skating bad boy... well rather tame.
Han Yan.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Han does seem to want to be a bad boy type but I just see him as adorably geeky, lol.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I guess I'm dumb because I don't quite get what the artist is saying about these two. Maybe nothing?

TMC

Record Breaker
In this Icenetwork article on Hanyu's SP, Takahito Mura has something nice to say about Jason :) (The context: is 2 quads in the short going to become the norm, or can one be competitive without)

"He said, "A skater like Jason Brown didn't do quad, but he had good component marks and earned high GOE (Grade of Execution) with his good quality triple jumps. I agree with Hanyu, that it will depend on a skater's style."

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually Michel Brezina and Michael Christian Martinez will likely overtake him in total points by having been in three comps. It's total points so it's legit. :( He might have a shot at third and prize money though.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Actually Michel Brezina and Michael Christian Martinez will likely overtake him in total points by having been in three comps. It's total points so it's legit. :( He might have a shot at third and prize money though.

I think it is best of two actually.

Scroll down to Andrew Dodds. He has a 159.77, 139.62 and a 141.80 with total points of 301.57.
159.77+141.80=301.57. Total of all three would be 441.19

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Scroll down to Andrew Dodds. He has a 159.77, 139.62 and a 141.80 with total points of 301.57.

The way I would say it is:
Best two of three, if the skater competed at three Challengers.​

In other words, total points count from two comps per skater -- as Stitch noted.

ETA, the official ISU language:

At the end of the ISU Challenger Series, after the last event of the season has been concluded, the two highest final scores in the up to three different ISU Challenger Series events of each competitor/couple will be added and taken into consideration to form an ISU Challenger Series Ranking which will be published on the ISU website.

http://static.isu.org/media/190985/...-2015-16-communicatin-version-jan-20-2015.pdf

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker

Yes, I was under the impression that although it's possible to take part in more than two events, only the two best results count towards the total.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not a lot, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I hope I did not sound as if I were diminishing the amounts of Challenger prize money. Not my intention at all.

I have deleted my post to avoid any misunderstanding.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, I was under the impression that although it's possible to take part in more than two events, only the two best results count towards the total.

The way I would say it is:
Best two of three, if the skater competed at three Challengers.​

In other words, total points count from two comps per skater -- as Stitch noted.

ETA, the official ISU language:

At the end of the ISU Challenger Series, after the last event of the season has been concluded, the two highest final scores in the up to three different ISU Challenger Series events of each competitor/couple will be added and taken into consideration to form an ISU Challenger Series Ranking which will be published on the ISU website.

http://static.isu.org/media/190985/...-2015-16-communicatin-version-jan-20-2015.pdf

Thanks everyone. I really did think it was the total of all comps. So good to know it's the best of two and Jason has a shot at some prize money.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone. I really did think it was the total of all comps. So good to know it's the best of two and Jason has a shot at some prize money.

More so than the prize money I am glad he can go into Nationals (fingers crossed) as the Challenger series champion which hopefully will out weight his injury. Even with an injury withdraw he can still show he had a good fall season and is competitive with the world. I am hoping an challenger series win will counter act any stigma due to withdrawing, or thinking others are more deserving of a spot at worlds. I think it will help him more reputationally than financially.