2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I never thought I would see the day when Marina's team would do better with the levels then Igor's :laugh:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
HUGE Congrats to the Shib's on their National title! They are so gorgeous, just like their protocol today :love:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
:luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17:

So completely, ecstatically happy!

Maia & Alex are special. They have always been special. They have shown it many times during their career. And today was THE MOMENT.

Game changer.

We have so many incredible dance teams in the U.S. To see them all go out there on the ice today and skate their best performances of the year. They did. One after the other. That entire podium. Today was a sign that U.S. Dance is DEEP and in this for the long haul and prepared to recognize greatness when it happens out on the ice. Thank you.

Did I mention that Maia and Alex are SPECIAL?

Last edited:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Guys, is this better than their performances at NHK or GPF? I don't have the eye for ice dance (just not as obvious as singles with the jumps and overall conviction), but seems like they were slightly out of synch in the middle of their twizzles here. Face it, that twizzle sequence is the program's money shot, and money shots has to be precise and flawless.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
You have to wonder if the USFSA have finally opened up their eyes and it will last beyond this competition or not. This season the Shibs have been very consistent while C/B have been up and down. Maybe this is the moment where the USFA start politiking more for the Shibs and stop stubbornly putting all their eggs in the C/B basket :think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Guys, is this better than their performances at NHK or GPF? I don't have the eye for ice dance (just not as obvious as singles with the jumps and overall conviction), but seems like they were slightly out of synch in the middle of their twizzles here. Face it, that twizzle sequence is the program's money shot, and money shots has to be precise and flawless.

I think it's the angle. In slo-mo it looked good as usual.

I think overall--there was a lot of improvement in both step sequences, even from NHK. And I think, more importantly, I think they really gave a lot of themselves, probably even more than NHK, believe it or not.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I wasn't able to watch live, so just let me scream now ok?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES OH MY GODNESS SHIBS FINALLY DID IT THEY WON THE NATIONAL TITLE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I think it's the angle. In slo-mo it looked good as usual.

I think overall--there was a lot of improvement in both step sequences, even from NHK. And I think, more importantly, I think they really gave a lot of themselves, probably even more than NHK, believe it or not.

They also re-choreographed that circular step sequence and the last part of the diagonal step sequence-to-choreographed lift section to make it more outward so it really reaches out to the audience.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Im speechless!
After K/S injury I thought Im gonna be crying forever but miracle/revolution happened & the world turned upside down!!!!!!!:hap93::hap93::hap93:
Vodka time! (lolll its morning & Im obv joking but in the evening heyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!)

no really!!!!!!
Has it really happened&???????????
I cant believe this!
I'm sitting here pinching myself!
& Im so happy it happened with Peter T's programm! Now he's a co-choreographer of both Can & US champs!:points::hb:: It's his time!
Haha & MArina finally won a duel against Igor ha!!

& SinKats better go & sit during Shibs training taking notes! chop chop!

Last edited:
So proud of the Shibs! :yahoo: that'll be the highlight of the entire event for me.

Everything that they needed to improve upon they did. I honestly never thought we'd see a program or performance that has that much of an impact from them. That program 'speaks' emotionally no matter the language.

They've shown tremendous creativity in their videos (I have to root for them for this alone), and now they're learning how to bring that emotional range and creativity to the ice. I enjoyed the hell out of that and I loved the reactions in the K&C. Yay!

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
So proud of the Shibs! :yahoo: that'll be the highlight of the entire event for me.

Everything that they needed to improve upon they did. I honestly never thought we'd see a program or performance that has that much of an impact from them. That program 'speaks' emotionally no matter the language.

They've shown tremendous creativity in their videos (I have to root for them for this alone), and now they're learning how to bring that emotional range and creativity to the ice. I enjoyed the hell out of that and I loved the reactions in the K&C. Yay!

They really need to get onto doing a vlog...hopefully with some continuity (If you see their vlog for Ondrej Nepala, you will know what I mean)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
You have to wonder if the USFSA have finally opened up their eyes and it will last beyond this competition or not. This season the Shibs have been very consistent while C/B have been up and down. Maybe this is the moment where the USFA start politiking more for the Shibs and stop stubbornly putting all their eggs in the C/B basket :think:

my money goes more on USFSA realizing that Maia and Alex could take a risk, make work that Coldplay program and up its tech content after disappointment at Nepela Trophy, then realizing that Shibutanis became a crowd favourites, meanwhile getting (finally) a respectful scores from judges internationally, whereas Chock/Bates got stuck somewhere in alternating between 100 versions of their SD (being gypsy or being classy) and constantly reworking Rachmaninoff (for me, without success).

Taking into consideration that Worlds are in Boston, there was no other smart move there to do than putting Shibutanis as US Champions this season, comparing their stellar FD performance to stiff, forced and lacking technically FD from Chock/Bates.

This season I see a real growth and improvement in Shibutanis' skating - both in technical and presentation grounds. And this season they finally have 2 good programs, not only SD like in past years. I see that ppl's perception is also changing - yes, they always were considered as strong, solid technicians on ice, but this season they really opened their skating wide emotionally I feel. And many other felt it too, it seems.

Big kudos to Peter Tchernyshev - for bringing Shibutanis some piece of magic this season by creating this FD and for helping us realize that they are THIS good, like US Champions good (at least for now).

I hope that this will continue at 4CC and Worlds. Now it's all about what Chock/Bates will do I think, or more - what judges will do with them internationally (they already lost to Cappellini/Lanotte and Weaver/Poje this season, so challenge is both for 4CC and Worlds). Generally, things got a lot more interesting looking that Shibutanis are US Champions and moreover, looking at style in which they achieved it. Guess that we have to wait for Europeans and then 4CC to get some broader scope where all top contenders stand.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Big kudos to Peter Tchernyshev - for bringing Shibutanis some piece of magic this season by creating this FD and for helping us realize that they are THIS good, like US Champions good (at least for now).
the magic started with an O EX last year ;):love:

Imo this programm will stand the taste of time & future ice dance kids will study it in years to come:bow:
Its like the perfect alliance between a performer, choreo & music.

I want them as Oly champs period!!!
People alays complain how dance is no more as quality as it was oin V/M & D/W era but I disagree. Shibs are not inferior.

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I have watched the Shibs' FD at least 10 times today and it only keeps getting better. :love: Still high on the fact that they really did win.

Barb

Record Breaker
now this rivalry with Shibs and CB is interesting. I think CB made a mistake changing their SD.

dcnative

On the Ice
Congratulations so the Shibs on their first title. It has been a long time coming. It's disappointing that Madison and Evan find themselves facing so much negativity they have represented the US very well on the international stage. Hopefully this loss of the title will bring out the fire that they need to make them a well-rounded team.