Patrick Chan | Page 296 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I don't think I've posted in a fan fest before but came to see the pictures. Having met Patrick in person and talked to him for about 15 minutes ---- I can't say enough about him. He's very gracious, polite, sweet, has that killer smile, and is still the smoothest male skater on the ice.

Thanks for the pictures. I loved Sound of Silence but only saw the CAnadian version on YouTube. The US version was very good (Adam Rippon was beautiful) but .....

Awesome, welcome to our fan fest! Do you mind sharing when and where you met Patrick, and saw his killer smile? :biggrin:

noskates

Record Breaker
Patrick skated in the US SOI in 2015. My friend and I always buy the brunch and the meet & greet and we never know who the skater is going to be. In 2014 it was Ashley and Gracie and I have to say that all the crap that people say about both ladies is total garbage. Neither could have been nicer, took many pictures, were very patient, and were lovely ladies. In 2015 Patrick and Polina were our skaters. Polina only lives a few miles from the SAP Center in San Jose where SOI was. There weren't as many people as usual and Patrick just kept talking to us. At that point he hadn't announced a decision to return to competitive skating but when directly asked he had that little bit of a smile. We left knowing he would compete again.

Another thing that happened.....there was a table in the dining area with about 6 young people that were clearly disabled in some way. Patrick kept looking over there and without anyone asking him he went over to the table, shook everyone's hands, took pictures, etc. They were thrilled.

We then went into the rink to watch warm-ups (part of our package) and there was a local synchronized team sitting in chairs lining one end of the rink. After Patrick went through his routine he went over, went down the line and shook hands with each one of those young skaters. I thought it was a class act and I bet those skaters (from ages very young to teenage) will never forget that.

I came away thinking Patrick was the ultimate professional, compassionate, and worthy of his titles not just because of skating.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick skated in the US SOI in 2015. My friend and I always buy the brunch and the meet & greet and we never know who the skater is going to be. In 2014 it was Ashley and Gracie and I have to say that all the crap that people say about both ladies is total garbage. Neither could have been nicer, took many pictures, were very patient, and were lovely ladies. In 2015 Patrick and Polina were our skaters. Polina only lives a few miles from the SAP Center in San Jose where SOI was. There weren't as many people as usual and Patrick just kept talking to us. At that point he hadn't announced a decision to return to competitive skating but when directly asked he had that little bit of a smile. We left knowing he would compete again.

Another thing that happened.....there was a table in the dining area with about 6 young people that were clearly disabled in some way. Patrick kept looking over there and without anyone asking him he went over to the table, shook everyone's hands, took pictures, etc. They were thrilled.

We then went into the rink to watch warm-ups (part of our package) and there was a local synchronized team sitting in chairs lining one end of the rink. After Patrick went through his routine he went over, went down the line and shook hands with each one of those young skaters. I thought it was a class act and I bet those skaters (from ages very young to teenage) will never forget that.

I came away thinking Patrick was the ultimate professional, compassionate, and worthy of his titles not just because of skating.

this is such a nice story. Patrick is definitely a sweet and compassionate guy. No wonder why we love him so much ;) (nothing to do with how good he looks while surfing :love: ) :laugh2:

thanks again for coming to the fan fest and sharing your experience with us... we are a handful (or two) of active groupies and are always thrilled to hear/read more about our pchiddy!!!!!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Thank you for sharing, Noskates!

That is so wonderful to hear, that Patrick made a special effort to reach out to the disabled and to young skaters. I am very happy and proud to support him! :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, new exhibition:

"sunday morning"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFwoiIq5Pug

Thanks calica !!!! I like Patrick's joy in this program.... and his jeans ;)

Thank you, Calica! Great video!

And here's a comment from a Japanese fan's mom:

"MOM is worried because Patric CHAN, skating will become more and more sexy."

https://twitter.com/havemona/status/759688955931467776

:rofl: rofl: rofl:

Patrick is no longer a 17 y o awkward teenager ;) he's grown into a very handsome and attractive man ;) :love:

I agree with Adam.

4everchan to Adam : BACK OFF HE IS MINE :)