2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS

andyjo24

Medalist
I'm very worried for the Russian ladies. Their jumping technique is just horrible, and they haven't even gone through puberty yet....

s_parks

Record Breaker
Seriously, though, the Russian girls need to clean up the jump technique. Even Zagitova's looks iffy to me; imo even Medvedeva's jumps look less muscled.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I am going back to watch Soyoun's R&J.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKyf-gVM-M
EDIT:
Fan made clean version. Tears :sad21: the jumps, the phrasing, the choreo, the emotion... Best performance for this piece of music!
Every time I watch this piece, it gets me towards the end. Her signature piece we/figure skating will never forget.

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
Thoughts on who I've seen:

Wessenberg: strong presentation and SS, but she needs to GET IT TOGETHER!

Aoki: a beautiful disaster, as usual.

Lozko: insane spins, nice dress and footwork, URs on everythig, why, I thought Russians didn't underrotate, please teach your skaters proper jump technique

Gubanova: beautiful, best presentation by far, but her 3-3s freak me out

Kihara: ouch, nice try though, program and interpretation seem generic, but nice jumps, better luck next time.

Mee thinking exactly the same... Seen the margin after the SP: without that stepout she would have won.
Rika's jumping tecnique is simply gorgeous:)
much better than Gubanova-> sadly, so like Lip, she'll lose all her jumps

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Gubanova: ... best presentation by far ...

Kihara: ... interpretation seem generic...
Wrong way around :-D

I'd put Aoki's presentation above Gubanova's too...

("presentation", not PCS)

andyjo24

Medalist
I am going back to watch Soyoun's R&J.

Does Gubanova like So Youn or something? Exactly same music cuts. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Mee thinking exactly the same... Seen the margin after the SP: without that stepout she would have won.
Rika's jumping tecnique is simply gorgeous:)
much better than Gubanova-> sadly, so like Lip, she'll lose all her jumps

Rika has good jump technique, but it's not that special IMO. Her jumps are not the highest and the distance isn't the greatest. Very solid technique though.

andyjo24

Medalist
Wrong way around :-D

I'd put Aoki's presentation above Gubanova's too...

("presentation", not PCS)

Aoki reminds me of So Youn Park. Absolutely lovely skater with great qualities but fails to put it out there in competition all the time. :bang:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I like how both Anastasia and Rika take their time with the choreographic elements and you can see they are thoughtful about each movement. They have a polish and serenity that's impressive for someone in their first ever JGP competition :clap:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I would have given it to Rika.... anyway I hope they'll both make it to the JGPF

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Why oh why did Kihira attempt the 3A, when it wasn't working in warmup?

Pretty sure she would have taken gold medal otherwise.

But, I guess it showed her strong fighting spirit...

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Great to see there are many interesting skaters in this seasons JGP circuit. We haven't seen last years stars compete yet. I wonder how these new faces will be placed when they compete with Honda, Fedichkina or Tsurskaya! Looks like junior field will be really exciting this season.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Rewatching Rika's skate, she takes time to perform the changes in her music (which I don't like much) and paid attention to detail, didn't rush things too much.
Same with Anastasia. I hope to see them both in the JGPF.