2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think T/M need to increase their BV and that's the right strategy... and it's okay if they don't win GP competitions. The only issue though with this strategy is that it only works with really tough mentally people. Failures like tonight can bring down confidence and lead to headcasing. If they are well mentored and told that it's about the long term scenario, then it could work. Even last year, many agreed they have the highest potential for Russian pairs. They are young and can learn tougher elements. She's very gutsy and strong and very elegant. They have it all.. .let's hope though, that they don't get burned out with too much demand too soon. I refer to D/R because i have followed them for a long time, but they learned elements so gradually... it took them years to get where they are now, and they keep working on basics as well... but each year, they added ONE element... and only when the elements were stable... it's a long long long process.
They will not stop doing it though. The Mozer's strategy is to increase difficulty and this is actually a good place to do it, as I doubt they care about winning here or going to GPF. or so Mozer claims.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Are you more into the "rugged soldier" type? (I feel we're getting drastically off-topic but I don't really care)

taste vary ;) from Patrick Chan to Mervin to Andrew, Nikolaj, even Scott ;) hehe.. oh and Radford is very handsome in person too...

I have to say that there are a lot of very good looking men in figure skating. it's a bit disturbing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL nah he just signed my book... :) and was very amused doing that since most of the people who asked for him to sign their book were 10 year old girls ;) and then me, unshaven man, reached out, just so i could hear his voice, see his blue eyes and look at him closer.... :)
I keep wondering if "touching your pen" isn't code for something else. ;-O

Lota

Record Breaker
I just woke up and was so angry that I'd missed everything (I thought I'd learned that one alarm was not enough for me but apparently not :disapp: ) and now I'm kinda glad... I'm honestly too scared to watch T/M's video :hopelessness: :sad46:

Dots

Final Flight
That's what I tell my friends all the time! No one believes me. :sarcasm:
I think anyone can appreciate human beauty of any kind. :biggrin:

If straight women and Gay men can recognize and compliment another woman/the opposite sex, why should it be different for straight guys? Humans are visual creatures.

Look at it this way, straight men that can't admit that they can recognize beauty/handsomeness in another man are lying.

With that said, this tells me that if you were a gay/bi man, you would probably fall for the hot guy with a douchebro attitude. :no:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just woke up and was so angry that I'd missed everything (I thought I'd learned that one alarm was not enough for me but apparently not :disapp: ) and now I'm kinda glad... I'm honestly too scared to watch T/M's video :hopelessness: :sad46:

not scary.. just sad... but J/C is a bit scarier...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL nah he just signed my book... :) and was very amused doing that since most of the people who asked for him to sign their book were 10 year old girls ;) and then me, unshaven man, reached out, just so i could hear his voice, see his blue eyes and look at him closer.... :)

And you didn't mumble something like, "It's for my daughter.....:eek::"

rain

Record Breaker
I also think it could be the case that a skater or team is being supported by and spoken to their coaching team in such a way that they might not know that their best opportunities might be elsewhere, particularly if they have been with their current coaching team for a long time. (FYI, Evgenia and Vladimir were put together by Mozer in 2012.) If a skater or team is being limited by a coaching situation, I think the federation can and should step in, especially if the skater or team is primarily funded via the federation.

I think that is what should happen for T/M now. :cry:

Here is the opportunity for them to become Russian number 1 and it's blown, not only through their own mistakes, but because of their programs, IMO.

I don't know about their coaching team, etc., but it's clear that their programs do them no favours. It was true last year and it's definitely true this year.

This team has many great qualities and they are largely wasted with horrible music and bland choreography. I have no problem with them trying new, more difficult elements, particularly at this early point in the season. We often see skaters do this. And sometimes it hurts their results initially, like it did here for T/M.

But jeez, that long program was just... the music sounds like its from 1985, and poorly cut together — and not like they were going for a retro vibe, as their costumes and choreography had nothing at all to do with it. It does not show off their line and stretch. I don't know what someone was thinking with this team, but they were clearly on the back burner when it came to getting them material that was going to take them places.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Julianne and Charlie. They were mesmerizing. I am almost sorry for T/M, as they are my favourite Russian pair other than K/S. I didn't expect that melt down.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I hope neither Tarasova/Morozov or James/Cipres are demoralized.

Pairs is such a tough discipline for going clean. These things happen, especially with new elements. Everything takes time getting used to. And injuries usually result from the new elements as well. Take the lessons you learned and put these performances behind you. We saw amazing quality from T/M in the SP and everyone knows that's what they're capable of. Same with J/C at Autumn Classic. Tonight was a bump in the road they needed to get over to see where things need to be fixed.

Just one thing I hope for is that Vanessa and Morgan work out their issues. I know I got dismissed for mentioning it before ACI, but seeing it again here after Cup of Tyrol makes me think that it's not healthy for them to be like this in the kiss and cry.

Lota

Record Breaker
rough fall on the 4Sthrow.... and after that it was game over

Well, just watched T/M now and frankly it was not as bad as I was anticipating. They were obviously shook up after the fall, I think that that's something that doesn't happen to them often in this element, even if it's a quad. I commend them for fighting till the end, I only wish Zhenia (both of them really) had tried to smile, because stone-faced is not the way to skate this program. And I've noticed a lot of people dissing the program, which is fine if you inherently don't like it, but in their previous two outings I loved it, so I think it's just a matter of performance. Hopefully their state of mind will be ok for the next competition.

Now J/C, that's another story... Throughout the whole performance my face was just :) :eeking: :shocked: :hopelessness: :eek: :sad21: :scard7:

Last edited:

LisaS

On the Ice
I am pretty sure Brasseur and Eusler skated to T &M music back in 1990. Or it was Pelletier and Gaynor in 1995. Or both.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

LisaS

On the Ice
I am pretty sure Brasseur and Eisler skated to T &M music back in 1990. Or it was Pelletier and Gaylor in 1995. Or both.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
i think T/M need to increase their BV and that's the right strategy... and it's okay if they don't win GP competitions. The only issue though with this strategy is that it only works with really tough mentally people. Failures like tonight can bring down confidence and lead to headcasing. If they are well mentored and told that it's about the long term scenario, then it could work. Even last year, many agreed they have the highest potential for Russian pairs. They are young and can learn tougher elements. She's very gutsy and strong and very elegant. They have it all.. .let's hope though, that they don't get burned out with too much demand too soon. I refer to D/R because i have followed them for a long time, but they learned elements so gradually... it took them years to get where they are now, and they keep working on basics as well... but each year, they added ONE element... and only when the elements were stable... it's a long long long process.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Just one thing I hope for is that Vanessa and Morgan work out their issues. I know I got dismissed for mentioning it before ACI, but seeing it again here after Cup of Tyrol makes me think that it's not healthy for them to be like this in the kiss and cry.

I just watched their K&C that I missed earlier and I'm quite disturbed. He was rejecting her from the moment the program ended, reluctant to hold her hand for thanking the audience and pouting with a silent tantrum the whole time by himself like he was the one needing comfort and cheering up. He probably did but in Pairs, the girl takes most of the risk and hurt. It is very difficult for a girl to trust a partner not supporting and protecting her fully and a Pair can't function without that trust. I'm worried for her with his attitude.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
told yaaaa ;) and i agree.. i didn't judge this program because after the twist, there was no performance... yup the music is bad.. but if well skated, i don't think it matters... i hate poto and i love patrick's poto.. so there.. but yeah... let's see if they can have a better second GP
Well, just watched T/M now and frankly it was not as bad as I was anticipating. They were obviously shook up after the fall, I think that that's something that doesn't happen to them often in this element, even if it's a quad. I commend them for fighting till the end, I only wish Zhenia (both of them really) had tried to smile, because stone-faced is not the way to skate this program. And I've notissed a lot of people dissing the program, which is fine if you inherently don't like it, but in their previous two outings I loved it, so I think it's just a matter of performance. Hopefully their state of mind will be ok for the next competition.

Now J/C, that's another story... Throughout the whole performance my face was just :) :eeking: :shocked: :hopelessness: :eek: :sad21: :scard7: