2016-2017 Programs by Discipline | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Programs by Discipline

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Rostelecom Cup

Thanks....but that is only one assignment for them. :confused: What you meant by the reply seems I will solve my curiosity at the event?
Anyway, I will search for info on their another assignment by myself.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks....but that is only one assignment for them. :confused: What you meant by the reply seems I will solve my curiosity at the event?

They are in Cup of China -- with the Shibs.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Has anyone mentioned that Weaver/Poje's bio was updated, and there is "no information" under free dance music? The suspense! :drama:

Their programs are in a big mystery box for me so far other than their coaching change to Morozov.
Their music choices were announced quite a long time ago, and can be found in the third post of this thread (as all other ice dancing programs that have been revealed so far). Anyway, their SD is 'Black Velvet' by Alannah Myles and 'Swingin’ by LeAnn Rimes, and FD is 'Concierto de Aranjuez'.

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Sorry I misread this as 'what's their first assignment' because GP was not plural. That's why I mentioned COR. Thanks Mrs. P for the clarification.

Their music choices were announced quite a long time ago, and can be found in the third post of this thread (as all other ice dancing programs that have been revealed so far). Anyway, their SD is 'Black Velvet' by Alannah Myles and 'Swingin’ by LeAnn Rimes, and FD is 'Concierto de Aranjuez'.

No, check their ISU bio. Under FD it just says "no information". Here is the link: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00009841.htm
Looks like they had to rework the FD.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
No, check their ISU bio. Under FD it just says "no information". Here is the link: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00009841.htm
Looks like they had to rework the FD.
The lack of information on their ISU bio does not have to mean anything. A lot of other teams and skaters revealed their music choices long before that information was included in their ISU bios. In some skaters cases their ISU bios were updated with new program information after they had already competed with those programs. I don't remember cases when music for only one of two programs was included in a skater's bio even though the music for the other program was already publicly known, though.

I doubt that Weaver/Poje changed the 'Concierto de Aranjuez' FD to something else. They started working on it later than most other teams due to coaching changes (first leaving Krylova and Camerlengo for Zoueva, and then leaving Zoueva for Morozov), and they also announced their music later than many other teams. It would not be good to change the FD so late. But we'll see in little more than a week.

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The lack of information on their ISU bio does not have to mean anything. A lot of other teams and skaters revealed their music choices long before that information was included in their ISU bios. In some skaters cases their ISU bios were updated with new program information after they already had competed with those programs. I don't remember cases when music for only one of two programs was included in a skater's bio even though the music for the other program was already publicly known, though.

I doubt that Weaver/Poje changed the 'Concierto de Aranjuez' FD to something else. They started working on it later than most other teams due to coaching changes (first leaving Krylova and Camerlengo for Zoueva, and then leaving Zoueva for Morozov), and they also announced their music later than many other teams. It would not be good to change the FD so late. But we'll see in little more than a week.

No doubt that they could potentially be keeping Conceirto de Aranjuez but my post was pointing out that it says "no information" under the FD. Of course we know what they announced, but they are withholding information from the ISU. Adds a bit to the drama, IMO. We've got just about a week so it's not a huge deal.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Cross posting to update Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje's music.

SD:
Blues: The Way You Make Me Feel by Judith Hill
Hip Hop: Dangerous by Michael Jackson
Hip Hop: Jam by Michael Jackson

FD:
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo

Choreography by Nikolai Morozov.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Cross posting to update Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje's music.

SD:
Blues: The Way You Make Me Feel by Judith Hill
Hip Hop: Dangerous by Michael Jackson
Hip Hop: Jam by Michael Jackson

FD:
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo

Choreography by Nikolai Morozov.

:drama::hopelessness:

why, WeaPo, why?!

Morozov and hip-hop choreographies...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:drama::hopelessness:

why, WeaPo, why?!

Morozov and hip-hop choreographies...

Takahashi's so called "Cyber Swan" or "Hip-Hop Swan" to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake with an hip-hop arrangement was choreographed by Morozov, so we can perhaps see another modern masterpiece. :rock:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Takahashi's so called "Cyber Swan" or "Hip-Hop Swan" to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake with an hip-hop arrangement was choreographed by Morozov, so we can perhaps see another modern masterpiece. :rock:

wish you're right and I'll be positively surprised...About Takahashi iconic Swan Lake in hip-hop world I still think that it had more to do with Takahashi himself as a phenomenal skater and dancer to pull this off than choreo/Morozov, any other skater would not be able to make this so amazing and memorable

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think it was more Takahashi himself. Honestly, in terms of choreography and hip hop movement, I found his hip hop Swan Lake to leave a lot to be desired. I think what people really respond to isn't the dancing itself but the energy and conviction he put into his moves. Daisuke was/is so amazing.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Does anyone happen to know what version of Hymne A'Lamour Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen skated to? I really liked that arrangement, but Shazam kept coming up blank and had no idea what it was.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Does anyone happen to know what version of Hymne A'Lamour Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen skated to? I really liked that arrangement, but Shazam kept coming up blank and had no idea what it was.
It's Patricia Kaas (a french singer) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4paMp2L1RI. I think, if you have heard her singing at all, it's difficult not to recognize her voice, so probably you just don't know her.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Info on three ladies from Trophée de France

Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM
SP 17 Moments of Spring (soundtrack) by Mikhail Tariverdiev; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin
LP The Colour of the Night by Lauren Christy; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin

Laurine LECAVELIER FRA
SP Experience by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
LP Grease (musical soundtrack); choreo by Fabian Bourzat

Maé-Bérénice Méité FRA
SP Goodness by Poddsy, Freedom by Thomas J. Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell); choreo by Shanetta Folle
LP Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Shanetta Folle

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Changes from the men at TdF

The name of Mura' s Flamenco is Zapateado

Takahito MURA JPN
SP Zapateado (Flamenco); choreo Massimo Scali
LP Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2; choreo by Charlie White

Chafik is reporting different LP music

Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA
SP "It's A Man's World" by Seal, choreographed by Allan Schramm, Laurie May
LP 300 BOF by Audio Machine, Tears of the Sun (soundtrack) by John Williams, Aeternae by Globus; choreographed by Allan Schramm, Laurie May

Jorik is reporting different SP music

Jorik HENDRICKX BEL
SP Broken Vow performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Adam Solya
LP The Battle of Life and Death ("Gods and Demons" by Future World Music); choreo by Adam Solya

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
New info from dancers at TdF

Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR
SD Blues: Hello by Adele; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Sergei Dravitski
FD Take Care of Business by Nina Simone, The Unfinished Kiss by Daniel Pemberton, Circular Story by Daniel Pemberton, Take You Down by Daniel Pemberton; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Sergei Dravitski

Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN BLR
SD Blues: Only You by Buck Ram, Swing: Tutti Frutti by Little Richard; choreo by Greg Zuerlein, Adrienne Lenda
FD Droit de Cite by Raphael Beau ("Micmacs" soundtrack), Sur le mesure by Hugues Le Bars, Diabolique by Raphael Beau ("Micmacs" soundtrack); choreo by Greg Zuerlein, Adrienne Lenda

Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA
SD Blues: Bittersweet by Lene Riebau, Maxim Illion perf. by Club des Belugas, Swing: Diga Diga Doo by Dorthy Fields, Jimmy McHugh perf. by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; ; choreo by Romain Haguenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil
FD Stillness by Nest, Oddudua by Aldo Lopez Gavilan, Happiness Does Not Wait by Olafur Arnalds; choreo by Romain Haguenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil