2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
So we already know the winners for next year: it's Carreira/Ponomarenko:agree:

I really hope that they improve a lot and move up to seniors as quickly as possible : I think it's not ideal when a team stays too long in juniors... same for S/S !
when you look at the very good dance teams they never bothered to stay until 20 years old in juniors !
Ice dance is "unpredictable" ;) I could see S/S win next year !

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I can see now why some people have hyped about Pavel. He with a la Charlie's hair style has certainly star quality although I really wish his partner works hard to refine her movements to make less sloppy.

Pavel is like the guy you cannot dislike :laugh: very charismatic !

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I will say the Lobada/Droid do skate with a lot of speed and have lots of interesting ins-and-outs. I think the early Bobrova/Soloviev comparison is an apt one.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I second guessed myself. Always did that in school too and got mad at myself numerous times. 700! Where did the time go in 13 yrs! Haha. Reminder..I didn't post til' 12.9 years in. (is there a such thing?)

amazing....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I will say the Lobada/Droid do skate with a lot of speed and have lots of interesting ins-and-outs. I think the early Bobrova/Soloviev comparison is an apt one.

omg ... this typo mrs p... how could you!!!!!! :)

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Before, I thought that M/C and P/P were too alike, similar style and all... but P/P were mesmerizing today, and as the ice dance fan that I am, feeling something during a dance is worth everything ! I loved it so much, thank you Parsons ! Never been so entertained by a junior FD.

About M/C, it "happens". It's not fair but this is what it is. They should really find a style that suits them, and PLEASE, someone tell their choreographer to stop all the sloppy movements and the arms everywhere, it's a waste of very good skating skills.

Pavel and Alla : very very charismatic but they could be even better (choreo a bit blahh)

Anyway future of Ice dance looks awesomeeeeeeeee

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Random thoughts at 3 AM

Ooh this has got to hurt for Loboda/Drozd. They lost by 0.46 points despite making no visible errors. Yeesh.

Carreira/Ponomarenko hype train has begun rolling. I'm with madison, I believe their coronation will be next season. Shpilevaya/Smirnov should move up to medal contention after being 5th last season and 4th this time around.

Lajoie/Lagha got a PB and have begun to make a case for themselves. Good.

What is it with French ice dancers at Junior Worlds? Last year Lauriault/Le Gac's FD. This year Abachkina/Thauron's SD. Tough.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
[I[/I]Another win for the great US of A! I am not surprised just a bit shocked the Russians were so close actually. Russia is in a bit of a rut in skating with the juniors. No real super star - even the ladies are just good - mind you their rut would other than the USA probably be seen as quite a success. While the Americans have dominated Russia might be the only nation to win a medal in every event. But again none of the ice dancers really stood out. Out of nostalgia I was kind of smiling about Careirra and Ponomarenko doing so well with the bronze. I am sure his mom and dad must be thrilled. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And wow , they beat their compatriots and the Russians second and third teams (who did not look all that great).

madison

Record Breaker
I really hope that they improve a lot and move up to seniors as quickly as possible : I think it's not ideal when a team stays too long in juniors... same for S/S !
when you look at the very good dance teams they never bothered to stay until 20 years old in juniors !
Ice dance is "unpredictable" ;) I could see S/S win next year !

I think it's predictable and it's clear that the judges push US couples and next year C/P will be US no 1... so...

olayolay

On the Ice
Carreira/Ponomarenko have so much potential but the girl has got to fix her lines and be less stiff because everything else is there for them.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I think it's predictable and it's clear that the judges push US couples and next year C/P will be US no 1... so...

When I say unpredictable, it's because there is always a possibility that a couple comes from nowhere ans steals the show (who doesn't love a surprise like the australian pairs !) :agree:
But honesty is best so I have to agree with you on this : some couples are being clearly pushed, I just thought that S/S would be one of them, they skated really well and everyone would agree with that.

But then again, I really felt like M/C were pushed last year and look now...

olayolay

On the Ice
How many years do Lajoie/Lagha still have in juniors?

Three years - she just turned 16 in November. I doubt they'll stay that long in junior though, given how Canadian ice dance is going to open up post 2018.

Last edited:

madison

Record Breaker
I would like to see this country based system in figure skating ended ... it's just not good for the sport.
Let it be like in tennis, who nobody cares where the player is.