World Team Trophy - Day 3 | Page 51 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy - Day 3

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I won't bother reading this thread after I watched Evgenya. My bet is 20 lols 10 :rofl: and at least 5 "outrageous". And occasional praising some other skater like Wakaba or Mai who was "truly better." Come on, she is the perfection. There is Medvedeva and everybody else this season. And I hope it will be the same next season so that I shall have the privilege to see her live at least at the Nationals and Olympics.

qwerty1195

On the Ice
I felt that Gabby, Ashley, and Zijun were correctly scored in ladies. Mai, Wakaba, Lena, and Evgenia should be a couple points lower (esp. Mai).

da96103

Record Breaker
Lol, I just realized that today was Ladies' FS and then saw Zhenya's score and then Mai and Wakaba. Lol what happened?

da96103

Record Breaker
At least people can stop complaining about Medvedeva doing tanos on everything! She's now doing Tanos AND Rippons so it's more balanced out! I found myself watching being like "oooo which one will she choose this time?!" :biggrin:

Zhenya should start having 3-limbs above the head during rotation, both arms and one leg and call it a Zhenya.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Congratulation to all skaters and good luck in the next season!
This world team competition was joke, to put it mildly. How on Earth ISU agreed to agree to this concoction. Japan could never win a team competition if real. But they doubled the number of single skaters, and they gave 6 points to the dance/pair team who finished last.
With such a scheme, no wander they tried to give an air of holiday and no worries. No wonder a few skaters looked sad when competing, them must know even more than it is evident. Wow Japan, pease don't ruin the country brand with things like this!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
why only 143 for Pogo? that's her PB, if she competed here and clean, she would have received the overscore effect on GOE and PCS, at least more than 145, just look at Mai and Wakaba.

Mai and Wakaba skated clean on home-ice. You can bet Anna wouldn't have beaten them....144 would've been max.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Zhenya? Not true actually, she's mostly corrected her Lz to ! That's as good as it gets though, she'll never get a true Lz but that's ok, ! is fine. They do ding her for it. It's just that WTT is interesting overall.

Of course, she corrected her floopz (e) to floopz (!). What an improvement, nobody in the history has demonstrated this level of commitment to correcting their technique! +2s and +3s for this beautiful effort! :drama:

Even though I personally consider WTT scores like Nationals scores, despite what I think this is still an ISU official event... I'm just so sad that the judges are actively destroying the competitive integrity of this sport. They are killing it. Inflation GOEflation World records don't matter whatever, people can make excuses for what's happening but I'm gonna say this for what it is: blatant ignorance of flawed technique and favoritism toward select skaters. Without fair judging there is no fair competition... if I'm here just for the programs and not for the competition aspect then I'd be watching gala shows not competitions.

madforskating

On the Ice
Morgan is emotional, no doubt but keeps in bounds.... And, Vanessa is lighthearted, positive; she understands him completely... This is why they are SO good together!! Like fire and air....

Cool! They're kind of like Volosozhar and Trankov then!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulation to all skaters and good luck in the next season!
This world team competition was joke, to put it mildly. How on Earth ISU agreed to agree to this concoction. Japan could never win a team competition if real. But they doubled the number of single skaters, and they gave 6 points to the dance/pair team who finished last.
With such a scheme, no wander they tried to give an air of holiday and no worries. No wonder a few skaters looked sad when competing, them must know even more than it is evident. Wow Japan, pease don't ruin the country brand with things like this!

Yeah thank God the Olympic team competition has different rules and requires a team to be good in all 4 disciplines to have chance at a medal. Having your team finish last in 2 of the 4 disciplines and still win overall is a bit of a joke.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yeah thank God the Olympic team competition has different rules and requires a team to be good in all 4 disciplines to have chance at a medal. Having your team finish last in 2 of the 4 disciplines and still win overall is a bit of a joke.

I think the team event, even in the Olympics doesn't make much sense. How do you feel winning a gold medal/any medal you didn't contribute anything to? I think mostly embarassed and a bit guilty. Figure Skating is a sport of individuals. It's not football or volleyball. The only teams, imho, are the pairs/ice-dance pairs, but they're their own teams. It sounds nice in theory, but personally I don't like it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
You have a valid point.

I think the team event, even in the Olympics doesn't make much sense. How do you feel winning a gold medal/any medal you didn't contribute anything to? I think mostly embarassed and a bit guilty. Figure Skating is a sport of individuals. It's not football or volleyball. The only teams, imho, are the pairs/ice-dance pairs, but they're their own teams. It sounds nice in theory, but personally I don't like it.

chloepoco

Medalist
So many naysayers here--why are you even watching if all you're going to do is complain about the scores, about the format, about the Japanese who are hosting the competition, etc. Why can't we all be like the Jason Brown's of the world who appreciates and finds the positives in everything?

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Just watched it. I. DO. NOT. AND. NEVER. WILL. UNDERSTAND. How the heck these judges justify giving Medvedeva astronomical scores. I have no problem with her, she is not my favorite but I do find it admirable that she has delivered amazingly this season and the last two... I just don't get it, the judges have made it impossible for any other lady to ever catch Medvedeva when she is clean. Its made the ladies event so annoying to watch for me because no matter what anyone does no one will catch her. 160 is a joke. I just can't believe it has gotten this far, next year I fully expect her to be scoring 175 by the olympics. She's going to have 95 PCS by then, with a program portraying the tragedy of every other girl who dream of the possibility of winning the olympics.

Ending my rant there. I want to say I was excited to see Radionova do well here, I thought she was done and I am happy to be wrong there. I also loved Mai, Wakaba and Gabrielle's performances, they were brilliant. Their excitement was so adorable.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

what do you mean? the skaters who get medals are the ones skating segments of the competition, not everyone on the team.

there are other sports that do similar team events... for instance, we could look at equestrians...

there are also new formats of relays in all sorts of disciplines including luge and skiing.

The point is that the IOC wants to have more and more team events (as long as they don't mean adding extra athletes) and they also want more and more mixed sports. It's why we see these events coming in year after year and not some others. I am happy that there is a team event at the Olympics because for instance, it encourages nations to develop all disciplines. Look at China for instance, they are slowly starting to build young Ice dance teams and I am pretty sure it's because they want to get closer to the podium for 2022. If they manage to do what they did for pairs, China will be a superpower in skating ! that's awesome!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the team event, even in the Olympics doesn't make much sense. How do you feel winning a gold medal/any medal you didn't contribute anything to? I think mostly embarassed and a bit guilty. Figure Skating is a sport of individuals. It's not football or volleyball. The only teams, imho, are the pairs/ice-dance pairs, but they're their own teams. It sounds nice in theory, but personally I don't like it./]

In the Olympic team event, only those who actually skate are eligible for a medal. For teams that have qualified multiple entries in a discipline, someone will be left out.