2024 Russian Junior Nationals | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2024 Russian Junior Nationals

LadyB

Record Breaker
I've enjoyed the JunPairs a lot - Medvedeva/Astakhov are amazing, especially given the short time they are together. I love that SP for them.
Hoping for a redemption skate for M/G, though!

In Pairs, I love to watch the coaches just as much as the skaters :giggle:
Apart from my beautiful Fedi, there are Pavel, popstar Velikov and, wow, Team Rozlyakov is a feast to look at with Betinka and Den 👌👌👌

Azikin

Medalist
I didn't expect Junior pairs to be this good. I've really missed pairs, while there are some women outside of Russia I enjoy watching, pairs is now just hopeless and unwatchable. I pray that there is a way Russian ladies will be allowed to compete next year-when they are competing, everyone else is better as well. As far as Trusova, Shcerbakova, Valieva, Kostornaia, they had their time to shine, and all of them contributed great things to the sport. But it is natural and normal that the new generation is even better, and they are. The only tragedy is that they have been locked out of a chance to make a splash internationally, and this seems grossly unfair.
Umm, I agree, except the part that the new generation is better. Did you really see a "new Kamila" there yesterday? ;) I'm afraid I didn't... Sure, maybe Margo and Alisa can jump more quads but that's not all figure skating is about, is it?

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Umm, I agree, except the part that the new generation is better. Did you really see a "new Kamila" there yesterday? ;) I'm afraid I didn't... Sure, maybe Margo and Alisa can jump more quads but that's not all figure skating is about, is it?
A new Valieva was not seen so far but Bazyluk has shown a higher level than the other 3 at the same age for sure. I think the overall level has likely increased.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I've watched all the boys, now for a bit of Ice Dancing! At least I'm hoping that I can watch everything properly today.

LadyB

Record Breaker
They've taken a knock this season, but I'm confident they'll be back in form soon. Beautiful team 💙

LadyB

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists!!! 👏👏👏
Loved all three podium teams, but especially Sh/G and K/F, their programmes are just fab 👌

LadyB

Record Breaker
Please play the National Anthem, not the effing and totally inappropriate Dallas tune...🤞

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Sad to see Tasiya and Artem in the first group after the good season they have had. I wonder wether it would have been better for them to skip junior nats so Tasiya could have recuperates from her ankle injury in piece and come back strong in the jpg final instead.

Either way good luck to them!

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Yeah she just isnt ready they should have really skipped nats. They were doing so well this season too, will they get a national team spot now?