2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Weathergal

Medalist
It's Adam Solya as I said previous to you.

Thanks Ic3Rabbit. I've heard of him and am trying to think who else he's choreographed for. I'm thinking Jorik, of course, but also Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and perhaps some other Mishin skaters?

andromache

Record Breaker
Gabby's Carmen looks great so far.

It's a warhorse, yeah, but there hasn't been a good/memorable Carmen in a few years (off the top of my head, at least). Gabby's will be solid.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Please Please Please start a thread at the end of the season and we can put warhorses in our own shuffled up bingo cards and see how many bingos we can get during the offseason. :hap85:

Wouldn't that be funnier now, when we have so many warhorses already and can still announcements of new ones? I'm still awaiting something from The Nutcracker or from Tosca at the very least.

Confession: I don't actually know how to play Bingo.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Gabby's Carmen looks great so far.

It's a warhorse, yeah, but there hasn't been a good/memorable Carmen in a few years (off the top of my head, at least). Gabby's will be solid.

honestly, I don't mind 'Carmen' for Gabrielle either - a powerful choice for powerful skater. I think that the drama, explosiveness of that music will match Gabby's way of skating, how she attacks every program with such force (her jumps:love:). What I love about Gabby is how 'decisive', sharp her skating became, how good she is at giving out the power of music through her skating. And 'Carmen' should be a perfect platform to do that.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Technically, they are not Olympic eligible age-wise:

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/07/25/0200000000AKR20170725131100007.HTML

Lim Eun-soo

SP: Rich Man's Frug from Sweet Charity OST
FS: Grand Guignol by Bajofondo Tango Club / Oblivion by Piazzolla

Kim Ye-lim
SP: Riverdance
FS: La La Land

You Young
SP: Don't Rain on My Parade, choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Pirates of Caribbean, choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

It's like Jason Brown's greatest hits for Eun Soo and Ye Lim! :laugh: Jason's Grand Guignol SP from HIS junior days is one of my favorite SPs from him ever -- I can't wait to see Eunsoo's take on it! I think the SP will be a good pay with Eun Soo's sass! Ye Lim will have fun with Riverdance -- and hey a La La Land program -- Ye Lim isn't the first person I'd choose for that music, but we'll see how she'll do with it.

Interesting to see You Young already hiring out outside choreo, Don't Rain on My Parade is an interesting choice! Looking forward to seeing all three ladies on the JGP circuit!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I might be wrong here, but isn't this the music that the Duchesnays used for Missing?

Yes, I believe you are correct. Both the Duchesnays and the Shibutanis (who used it for their SD in 2013-2014) used included cuts of Ghost Dances by a group called the Incantations. I think both used other songs from that group aside from Ghost Dances.

It remains to be seen whether the Parsons do the same thing. Sounds like they'll stick to just Ghost Dances, so I'd expect it will be different.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Keep in mind Ghost Dances has a TON of musical selections. I think it will have a Missing vibe, but i don't think it will be an exact same.

oh yes, like Carmen, skaters always make sure to choose different pieces of music :slink:.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Lim Eun-soo

SP: Rich Man's Frug from Sweet Charity OST

is this Kaetlyn Osmond's SP in 14 OG season. :eeking:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick Chan
SP: Dust in the wind by Kansas
LP: Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
Source

I am not a Patrick hater, nor am I a Patrick fangirl, but all I can say is....
:scratch2::scratch2:

Dust in the Wind? As in "All we aaaarrrrre is dust in the wind" and that chalk scratching on a chalkboard vocalist from Kansas? The 70s has wonderful, great pop music. With people who can actually sing. I know, I was there. Use one of those tunes please.

Patrick, you had that wonderful Chopin from a few years back. Take Five. And now this?:noshake:

And Hallelujah should be on Warhorse Bingo.....