Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 159 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
I definitely think the new (or is it now old) program (The Leftovers) was much better - original, complex, deep.. But Anna Karenina is far from bad, although it's my least favourite of all her programs. Fans of the more traditional music might like it more I guess.
And she does bring her own touch to it - I like that she begins her StSq with a stance like she is dancing with someone.

That being said, watching the stream, it's so easy to spot how big the difference in skating skills between Evgenia and the other girls is. If Mai Mihara gets 70 for pcs than anything below 75 for Evgenia is just ridiculous.

P.S. Please please bring back the old costume for something one day, please!

Lily flowers

On the Ice
I actually really loved it, which isn't surprising since I loved it in its EX form. But one thing I wish she would change is the hand movement after the lutz. Where she covers her eyes.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I liked it! I think it's different from her usual and that's good, and it might fit the Olympic stage more! Also, I'm 99% sure that the choreography is not ready (hence Stephane? I hope so). Glad they'll get a new costume for it though!

Also, I see Evgenia not being super satisfied with her scores, and that's fine because she is an athlete and she is super ambitious and competitive! I just hope she doesn't put too much pressure on herself, Yuzuru Style - this was the first outing of a brand new program, it's not supposed to be perfect!

NaVi

Medalist
As someone who hated the old program and wrote many posts why, I'm much happier with this Anna Karenina program.

I think the music cuts are great. It feels kind of like a show and unlike with the older LPs and it's kind of hard to notice the music changing before the step sequence. In the 2nd half when she's doing her jumps it doesn't seem like she's just doing jump-jump-jump like in some of of her older LPs(and even more so in previous LP for this season). And I didn't like how she began both her SP and LP standing still.

There are a few points though where she kind of has to skate through the music. The choreographic sequence seems rushed and it would be nice if she held her positions were held longer though it may only be possible to do it for one of them.

I'm neutral on the step sequence, but it is nice and surprising to see one that's more powerful than what we've seen before.

I would like to see some kind of choreographic flourish to go with the music highlight after her 3F-3T: https://youtu.be/gs09K_ns24s?t=1m5s

I would like to see the spiral finished like she did in last year's exhibition . The music would facilitate that.

I would go through her choreography to try to make it seem a bit more organic, to use the music more when possible, and to make it more projecting out into the audience.

I actually really loved it, which isn't surprising since I loved it in its EX form. But one thing I wish she would change is the hand movement after the lutz. Where she covers her eyes.

I think it's cute.

Ender

Match Penalty
I am very glad with her new Lp. It’s something different and classical and classy. The music is energetic and lovely. The audience at the Olympic will love it.

Katedle

Rinkside
Yees! This program is very bright and suits her perfectly. Also I see that Janny loves this program very much. There is a passion in her eyes. In addition, they have only two weeks to create this program, but it is already quite amazing.

Ender

Match Penalty
Now I suggest her to change the layout into 3F3Lo and 2A2T2Lo, her BV will be higher and no need to backload all jumps.

SXTN

Final Flight
I hate the music but at least Evgenia has a program with choreography now.

The leftovers "program" was awful. The backloading didn't work with the music and I dare to say that nothing really worked with the music. I think the problem was that they tried to create a TES-Killer-program but they forgot about the program during the process.

Anna3105

On the Ice

The leftovers "program" was awful. The backloading didn't work with the music and I dare to say that nothing really worked with the music. I think the problem was that they tried to create a TES-Killer-program but they forgot about the program during the process.

At least the Leftovers had beautiful costume than Anna Karenina ;)

atsumiri

Record Breaker

The leftovers "program" was amazing. it's really sad that we won't see it in good video quality.
I like Anna Karenina free, but I'll miss her leftovers program! And her gorgeous dress!