2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

moriel

Record Breaker
Who compiled their music? The same person who did Alena Leonova's free program from two seasons ago? :palmf:

I seriously don't get them. I don't understand the hype. Are they that much better than all the other top pair teams?

Not so much better, but their elements are pretty good.
But then they always have some weird music choices and weird costumes. As a fan, i think i´m just coming to accept the fact and appreciate them as they are hehe

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Why is one of the best teams in the world saddled with bottom of the ranking teams programs and costumes? But she's charming and she manages to sell it in parts, and most of their elements are so good!

starla16

Medalist
sad, I wanted S/K to win, hopefully their next GP event, they will be more prepared and bag the gold.

keasus

On the Ice
T/M are a really good and talented team, with great elements, but their packaging makes me just facepalm. They could offer so much, but right now it's like going to the movies expecting to see the Godfather and ending up watching Dinocroc vs Supergator.

Hey Anni, Dinocroc vs. Supergator IS a cinematic masterpiece! Would that all skating pairs reach the aesthetic heights of this film:rofl2:

gold12345

Medalist
Evgenia's ponytail is cute. You can see some of her personality in this program, which I guess was the point in skating to this type of music. But there are so many music cuts and they are better than this program. I also don't get the costumes, they especially don't fit for the "sexy" part.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
and they censored the lyrics "make my panties drop"/"cherry pop"...and the PCS is 74...?:unsure::unsure::noshake::noshake::sarcasm::p:confused2::scratch3:

Well, at least they didn't ADD voiceovers or sound effects or emotes about said drop and pop.

Lota

Record Breaker
The bouncy curled ponytail was the best thing about this whole mess of a program :laugh:

Seriously though, I get that after the success of last years SP they thought "hey, let's do that but longer", but... NOOOOOOOOOOO. No. NO. NO! NOOOOOOOO! :curse:

Since I like them so much it doesn't even go into the "so bad it's good" category, because I'm just so disappointed.

starla16

Medalist
I actually kind of like this, they are showing a bit of personality especially her. When they skate to slow and lyrical, they look so dreadful and depressed.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I don't think that T/M music is so much worse than all the other Lala lands out there. At least it's not an other generic slow and sappy pop song...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I was told they censored "makes my cherry pop".

And panties drop. I'm just not sure why? Is panties a bad word in Russia?

They also edit the part about the real big rooster out too but then that's not in the radio edit so they are forgiven for that.

Also Vlad doesn't exactly scream Nasty man to me. It's all just a bit of a disconnect.

Then again I'm not sure who could do this program justice. Is there any pair skater anyone can think of who could pull off Christina A. at her dirrrty best?

moriel

Record Breaker
I dunno, i suspect we will thank them for this program during Olympic games.
It will be all so serious and full of drama, and we will be all biting nails for our favs, and then T/M come out and candyman =D
There is still time to replace for macarena till olympics, with right cuts they probably wouldnt have to change the choreo much even ^^

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
NO IT'S PERFECT

Everything about this is perfect- from censoring to naughty parts of Candyman to straight up telling him he's a nasty boy and she's gonna get him wet to flipping back and forth to sweet innocent 50s pop

What glory

Thank you for reminding me to see the utter joy that this is a program that exists.

matcha

Medalist
I can't believe there's a great possibility that that is going to be an Olympic podium program. :slink:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think that T/M music is so much worse than all the other Lala lands out there. At least it's not an other generic slow and sappy pop song...

Yeah, I agree with you to an extent. I think if they had better costumes that didn't look homesewn it might help.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Please please no Olympic Gold to a team with this FS program. The PCS are ridiculous.

Give it to the Chinese, Germans or French! Hope the judges will rethink about their marks after the other teams have competed next weeks.

Astakhova/Rogonov really impressed me today. The should have been second overall.