2017 GP Skate Canada Ladies FS | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Ladies FS

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I don't think she does think this is going to cut it for the Olympics. But its not like Ashley bombed. Her skate was solid. In fact, more than solid in the context of this competition and quite frankly, more than on par with a lot of what we've seen from contenders thus far.

I'm thinking Ashley's hip is bothering her as it seemed to affect her money jump - both of the triple loops. I did see improved height on the toe jumps. I think she had to concentrate very hard today to compensate.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I'm not so sure about "sneaking in."

The way the US ladies are performing in early season, I think Hicks can kick the door off the hinges.

Yes, she had some mistakes, but I honestly thought she was better than Ashley here, and not by a little.

And, after seeing the first two GP's, if I were Gracie Gold, I'd be breaking the speed limit to get to practice.

By "sneaking in" I didn't mean placement wise, I meant that everyone talks about Ashley, Mirai, Mariah, Karen, even Polina, but I rarely hear Courtney in the mix. She could definitely make the team if she skates well.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Actually she is. She was born on May 18, 2002. So she was 15 before the 2017-18 season started.

Yes, I know. She will go to the Olympics. And German Eurosport said she is not old enough. That's why I said they were idiots. They were repeating wrong information all throughout the broadcast. Like Kaetlyn repeating her free and her short for the 3rd time! Get your facts right, people!

Roast Toast

Medalist
Meh, I don't have a problem with Kaetlyn's score. She rotated everything and she gives enough opportunities to the judges to justify her GOEs. A couple of the judges went a little overboard on PCS for a flawed performance but she is the world silver medalist.

badknees

Medalist
If Ashley thinks she's getting near the podium at the Olympics skating like this she's delusional but i doubt Raf is happy to be honest.

Again folks stop blaming Ashley! I'm sure she realizes that she didn't have a good skate. It's not her problem that others skated poorly. Skaters read these forums, so please try not to be nasty with off the cuff statements.

moriel

Record Breaker
To be honest, I don't think she'll skate clean at these events and even so I don't think they'll send her to Olympics.

yep, agree on that. But if she skates clean, she will be the one. Because none of the other girls *CAN* score 215+, while Anna can (not always, but it could happen).

jillredhand

Record Breaker
There just aren't that many big cities in Canada, TBH. I'd rather they send an occasional competition to the prairies than always stay in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. I could have actually gone to Regina, if I had any money-- not so easy for me to get to Montreal.

dailytg20

On the Ice
ANNA COACH TELLING HER IN kiss and cry : "I'm not coming to you anymore.Go to competitions yourself -alone. You should prepare better"
What the--? I know we don't know what's truly happening behind the scenes, but that just seems like a hideous response. Get it together, PogoCoach!

Man, I am legit traumatized by Anna's performance, like cry-in-the-shower level traumatized. I was rooting for her and I hope she's physically okay. As an aside, I thought the audience was awesomely supportive at the end.

qwertyskates

Medalist
I honestly thought Sotskova's jumps were the best, and she skated clean. :sarcasm:

Marin was slow and her urs weren't called.

And the gifts to Kaetlyn...that's too much, they could have gifted less, she'll still win...:noshake:

And Anna again had her meltdown....sorry to say, she is so elegant and womanly but I think she is not going to get another chance....you simply can't challenge the top tier when you're so fragile.

What a disaster of Ladies' event.:curse:

artsciboy

On the Ice
Ashley got one of the better reactions from the crowd, apparently her interpretation today resonated better than others.

Which perfectly validates why going back to Moulin Rouge was the right decision. Even though she has skated it better, there were goosebumps moments in the best possible way!

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
Amazing skates from marin and ashley. I'm outta here. I look forward to more unwanted canada bashing in the ice dance FS thread. *triple sigh* :disapp:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
so sad for Anna, I was looking forward to watch her swan lake. when she's on, it'll be awesome, but she doesn't look ready (or maybe she is injured?) for LP at this point in time.

Anna looked very pale coming onto the ice, both yesterday and today. It finally occurred to me that she could be so white because she's still in pain because of her injury, was it her back? I love her skating. I hope she gets healthier.

yay for Ashley - she often finds a way to climb herself back into contention. loved both her programms here - not perfect but full of new nuances.

I completely agree! :love::luv17::love:

daphna

On the Ice
Anna should have left her coach years ago. she needs someone warm and kind. who should she switch to? how about Michael Huth? he's been through it all meltdowns with Kostner and never treated Anna's coach did with her.

moriel

Record Breaker
Meh, I don't have a problem with Kaetlyn's score. She rotated everything and she gives enough opportunities to the judges to justify her GOEs. A couple of the judges went a little overboard on PCS for a flawed performance but she is the world silver medalist.

Well, according to the commentators, some of her jumps looked short, but she appearently got benefit of doubt.
I´m also not entirely sure she shouldnt get a deduction on that first jump.

Those things are commonly not called, yes, but considering how everybody else got hammered, and how strict the tech pannel was, I dont like the fact she was the only one to get benefit of doubt here. I dont even mind the PCs, but i feel that her TES should be lower.