2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
This ladies competition was full of pleasant surprises. They can certainly climb back up tomorrow. It's really still anybody's for the taking.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I've always really liked Gabby's fierceness and attack, but this Carmen program is her worst program ever.

well i disagree.. i love it much better than rhapsody in blue for instance ;)

will try to show up tomorrow... this is like COC.. anyone in the top 8 can be on the podium... it's going to be nuts

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Satoko’s stsq is amazing! It has integrated traditional Japanese dance moves into the required turns and steps seamlessly. Kudos to the choreographer and Satoko’s;$

My favorite part of the program :love:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s insane how I feel like we have no bloody clue who we are going to see at the Olympics for several countries, I suppose it’s mainly the big wigs: Russia, Japan and the USA... my gawd! Bloodbath central! There are going to be so many disappointed ladies when all the nationals are over and done with. :(

The same can be said for the men in Canada, USA, Russia... possibly even in Japan for that third spot? Oi vey. God speed, ladies and gents. God speed.

liberrhythm

On the Ice
sooo gutted for Karen. I really do think she needs to switch coaches and get one who won't let her do whatever she wants with her programs. That really only feeds her inconsistency

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am stilll gutted for Wakaba, she and Marin could have cleaned this event easily.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone notice the black sock, bandage on Ashley's one ankle? Left it on the practice ice, maybe a big wigged about Adam. I'd rather she got her nerves out here than at Nationals or Olympics.

liberrhythm

On the Ice
Also, is it just me or do you think Karen could stand to get a little fitter? She looks a little less in shape than some of the other ladies

brightphoton

Medalist
Anyone notice the black sock, bandage on Ashley's one ankle? Left it on the practice ice, maybe a big wigged about Adam. I'd rather she got her nerves out here than at Nationals or Olympics.

She said she had an infection on her ankle and it's kept her off the ice for 4 days

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
sooo gutted for Karen. I really do think she needs to switch coaches and get one who won't let her do whatever she wants with her programs. That really only feeds her inconsistency

I think it’s too late to make any major changes for this season, but I think she should definitely consider it going into the next Olympic quad. She’s still quite young and has severel years left in her skating career, if she so chooses. :yes:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think they said she had some kind of infection by her ankle. Maybe it was on the Olympic channel?

treeloving

Medalist
Correct placings and I'm not there live but for the life of me I don't understand how Satoko doesn't get 9's in those last 3 PCS categories. Not even Carolina is matching that short in terms of interpretation of the music :scratch2:

I agree! if Kostner (and Medvedeva) get 37-38 then Satoko should at very least get 35...

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I disagree...the 3T was UR and the solo jump was debatable but should have been called UR if Ashley's was.
Really thought it was under along with the loop, but they looked okay to me in the replay. But what do I know honestly.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm a fan of both ladies so that wasn't my point. Let's not shortchange Satoko. You have to have lots of timing and nuance to pull off what she does. There are so many tiny changes to her face, hands, etc throughout her program but those might best be captured on camera and not live

Well, you were rather shortchanging Carolina by claiming her musical interpretation is inferior to Satoko. I'm expressing why I think you're incorrect.

I think Satoko's choreography is beautiful and quite intricate, and Satoko performs it very well. She clearly deserved to be in first place here. I don't, however, get a feeling that Satoko ever feels her music. It's a fine nuance, I know, and not one everybody will agree with, but it's the best way I can explain why I think Carolina is a superior artist.