2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 76 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

Alchamei

Record Breaker
While the tech ability, consistency and toughness is great, I'm crying, the sport is dying. The top two ladies who have no competition are getting insane marks for their programs who don't reach the maturity of the best skaters of all time, and just earning all the scores by backloading and tanos. I'm not hating on fans of those skaters, if you like them, fine. They may have won lots of medals, but neither gets to my heart...

evasorange

Final Flight
Wow Evgenia must be FURIOUS FURIOU FURIOUS!(all copyrights to Ashley Wagner) to be soooo so dominant(whether it was fairly earned or not) for these past two years, only to start to lose weeks before the Olympics! The drama of it all! I'm not a fan of ether girl but wow this does make for a much more exciting Olympics.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'll say that Zagitova isn't necessarily good with pressure as we've seen all season. This competition was all about Medvedeva's comeback and she took advantage of not having all eyes on her. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the pressure in Pyeongchang. My money is still on Evgenia for the Olympic gold.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
WOW!!! So happy for Alina!!! And happy for Evgenia too for skating cleanish (that flutz is so noticeable and the last 3toe looked <).

Okay, Olympic Gold is now in Alina's control. She has won everything this year. Just two more skates to go!

chairmanmao

Final Flight
So do you think that program was not worth 2 more PCS than Kostner's program riddled with mistakes?

The most overscored skate of the night was Kostner's by A MILE.

Some people are so obvious in their bias their not even trying to be objective in their hating. Girl had nothing to say about the absolute disaster class Kostner but went out to attack the two girls who at least made this night watchable.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
I wonder if they will do something about PCS scoring after Olympics or world 2018. It's getting out of hand. Considering they gave Kostner 75 PCS for a program filled with mistakes they had no choice but to go higher for the next two. I wonder if the skating order was reversed with Zagitova first and Kostner last if they would have been lower.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol these Russian ladies are setting the standard. Will Alina walk the Evgenia path and not lose any competitions for 2 seasons straight? :eeking:

icybear

Medalist
Has Eteri stopped coaching Alina? Honestly if you didnt know she was supposed to be her coach, you would think she was her rival.

Artistry

On the Ice
When is Costner gonna hang up her skates finally? It seems I've been watching her nerves and falls for decades!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ok there will definitely need to be a PCS reset after this season :palmf:

They need to reboot the COP system with judges selection and accountable consistent PCS judging

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Evgenia, but she has been grinded by the Russian medal machine it seems. In year or two, Alina will be grinded too :(

I also do not like how skinny has Evgenia gotten. I hope she is not on those eating disorder protein shakes that Lipnitskaya has been consumed to stay skinny....

Yeah you would think Evgenia at 18 would be a bit more filled out but she's still skinny and almost looks frail compared to someone like Zagitova who's 3 years younger.

starla16

Medalist
Wow Evgenia must be FURIOUS FURIOU FURIOUS!(all copyrights to Ashley Wagner) to be soooo so dominant(whether it was fairly earned or not) for these past two years, only to start to lose weeks before the Olympics! The drama of it all! I'm not a fan of ether girl but wow this does make for a much more exciting Olympics.

I'm sure Evgenia isnt furious, she is friends with Zagi and in ehr words she is happy to skate and back on the ice. I hope this gives her motivation, not winning here will take a bit of pressure off.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
My thoughts through my tears:
Evgenia: She did all she could but it wasn't enough. Still, I don't think all hope is off. She is such a competitor that she'll come out in Korea and show us how it's done. She isn't one to take silver for an answer. Still, this was a good answer to the haters that thought she'd never be relevant again. Zhenya, you've been such a constant and such an inspiration: it's not over yet. We love you. Please don't beat yourself up. You WILL be the Olympic champion this year.

Alina: WOW!! Two clean programs!! And a win over Medvedeva! This definitely gives her more momentum going into Korea. However, I'm nervous for her. We've noticed that many Olympic champions are 15 (Yulia, Tara, etc.) or young (Sara, Adelina) But they didn't have this kind of pressure on her: she's undefeated this season, even beating Medvedeva. That is a LOT of pressure for a 15 year old. I just hope she doesn't implode at Korea and earns her OSM.

Carolina: Sheesh. Two, maybe three clean triples, and 75 PCS? And then people get mad at Medvedeva and Zagitova for having 77? Are they out of their mind? Anyway, Carolina looked like a celery stick dressed up as a highlighter and had so many errors I had to stop counting. She did not deserve that medal today.

Maria: Amazing, shame about the fall. I hope she doesn't get replaced for Korea, as she should have been the bronze medalist today but wasn't. Two years in a row that she's been robbed of a European medal; it's really quite sickening. Hope she kicks some butt in Korea!