2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 74 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Alina! Just 15 and European Champion! Congratulations to Evgenia winning silver! Great comeback after such a serious foot injury! Congratulations to Carolina - winning bronze and still improving all the time at 30!

Oh good, they're translating the questions into English! Alina's really surprised she won!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm completely out of breath. That was a nailbiter.

I don't know if my heart can take the Olympics!!

moriel

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Alina! Just 15 and European Champion! Congratulations to Evgenia winning silver! Great comeback after such a serious foot injury! Congratulations to Carolina - winning bronze and still improving all the time at 30!

where did Caro improve today? By jumping 2 clean triples in FS finally?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was completely not invested in Ladies -- but this Alina vs. Evgenia battle might draw me back in... My 16 year old memory of being heart broken for Michelle might drive me to stan for Evgenia come Olympic time. :)

Sam L

Medalist
If the rivalry wasn’t on before, it is now. I’m going to be a nervous wreck for the Olympics but what better way to experience it. Congrats to Alina, European ladies champion! So happy for her. Welcome back Zhenya and great result for Caro.

jaylee

Medalist
Alina's jumps all look completely effortless to me. Zhenya's today looked to me like she really had to think about everything. I'd give it to Alina just for that, but who am I? ;-)

Yeah, it was like that in the warm-up as well, and honestly, all season long. Evgenia just doesn't have the flow in and out of her jumps, the effortless that she had last season or at her best, the season before that.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
So the world champion just got zagged. But she gave a hell of a fight.

Olympics look like the showdown of the century now. Alina has the momentum, but does she have the nerve? Zhenia has an experience advantage here. Yulia also won Euros in her first senior season, but it did not help her when it came to the big one.

And how much has Eteri learned from that experience?