2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

Imagine

Medalist
When you are pretty much guaranteed to produce an Olympic champion (again), but the #1 and #2 gold medal contenders are both your students...

That Eteri and her 1st world problems... :drama:

truthbooth

On the Ice
For people more "in the know" than I...is there tension between Alina and Eteri?

Tutberidze seems to be way more in Zhenya's corner.

starla16

Medalist
Given that Kostner got 75 for her performance today, please explain whats wrong with those 77.

There was no way Maria would podium though as judges also love Caro, Maria got hosed in home ice and so people can shut up about home skaters inflation

Andrea82

Medalist
Next year

Russia 3 spots
Italy 2 spots
Belgium 2 spots
Slovakia 2 spots
Switzerland 2 spots
France 2 spots
Germany 2 spots
Finland 2 spots

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I would not give any olympic medals yet. There has always been surprises.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
77 PCS LOL Bye corrupted sport

I did say the score is inflated by 30 to 35 pts overall didn't I.
This will work out Alina around 205, Evegnia around 200, Kostner 174 back in pre-sochi days.

When you consider the extra due to backloading + helicopter arms bonus + Russia Fed + European Championship + Olympics buildup..

whatif

Medalist
So people can hate on Alina as much as they want BUT it's insane what she put out there at this competition. Just mindblowing!!!! If she skates like that next month, she will be one of the few undisputed and deserving Gold medal winners. Just CRAZY!!!!

I also have to say there was something different about Medvedeva today, the way she moves on the ice changed in a good way. Cant even describe it. Too bad that her usual skate is NO LONGER enough. Poor thing. But maybe the loss next month would encourage her top not retire?

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Evegenia beaten by Evegenia II... well can't wait for the 15 years old Evegenia III next year...

I liked Evgenia, but she has been grinded by the Russian medal machine it seems. In year or two, Alina will be grinded too :(

I also do not like how skinny has Evgenia gotten. I hope she is not on those eating disorder protein shakes that Lipnitskaya has been consumed to stay skinny....

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alina said on the one hand it's hard to skate at home since you don't want to disappoint, but on the other hand they give you so much support!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Judges must have smoked something. But anyway, congrats to Alina and Evgenia! :clapper:
I can't really congratulate Caro on that skate, it just wasn't good.

jaylee

Medalist
So the world champion just got zagged. But she gave a hell of a fight.

Olympics look like the showdown of the century now. Alina has the momentum, but does she have the nerve? Zhenia has an experience advantage here. Yulia also won Euros in her first senior season, but it did not help her when it came to the big one.

Actually, yes, i would say that winning Euros helped Yulia skate confidently in the team event. But the pressure multiplied after that and she couldn't handle it in the individual.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Bronze belongs to Maria in my eye and I really want this season to end. Thank you Alina and Evgenia, for back to back great performances.