Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Why is his practice so short and why didn't he do a full run through? Shouldn't skaters be ramping up their practice?

yude

Record Breaker
I watched the practice, and he was amazing. Marked the jumps but those outside of the RT were great.

The fall was irrelevant, it was a no speed thing, disregard it. He's in a great mood and knock on wood for it all!

Do you think the practice rink is a bit smaller than the main rink? It looks like that to me on TV screen.

yude

Record Breaker
Why is his practice so short and why didn't he do a full run through? Shouldn't skaters be ramping up their practice?

According to the reports, Shoma also left the rink earlier today, I think it depends on each skater's plan and condition.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Do you think the practice rink is a bit smaller than the main rink? It looks like that to me on TV screen.

Yes it is!

As to why he didn't do more jumps , this is the practice rink. Different ice to the main rink too. This was just the perfect number of jumps. Plus honestly, his condition looks top notch. Now it's just maintaining. We'll see more at the main rink practice, I am sure of it.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
According to the reports, Shoma also left the rink earlier today, I think it depends on each skater's plan and condition.

Oh, Shoma was there? He didnt show up for Mon & Tue practice so I thought Shoma is training at some other rink JSF arranged

eaglehelang

Final Flight

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I'm in the middle of a blizzard on the Japan Side of the world.
Ok, correction. On the tropical side of Asia. The side that dont get snow, no 4 seasons.

So, not surprising figure skating is not known here till one young man decided to try and qualify for Winter OG. He is there now in Pyeong Chang. He is the original reason I started to get interested in FS.
And Shen/Zhao's gold in 2010. Of course Yuzu 2014 record breaking performance added to the list.

But I digress.
Yuzu looks happier than before his injury. like he is happy just to be able to make it to skate on Olympic ice, everything else small issue.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

I guess it's what about he said. He needs to peak himself in the right moment, so he keeps building up momentum to short program